Contribute
Register
Maybe a slight glitch with your 'Keychain' - Here's something to try - go to 'Utilities' - click on 'Keychain Access' (just under Preferences) - Click on Keychain First Aid after its done note the results for any problems listed. Repair Disk Permissions in Disk Utility and re-boot. Good Luck

Keychain had no issues. There were a bunch of disk permissions issues that I fixed, but with no effect on this prompting problem. I decided to have a look in the console as I was getting prompted and found this:

Mar 3 13:27:12 <hostname> com.apple.SecurityServer[55]: Killing auth hosts
Mar 3 13:27:12 <hostname> com.apple.SecurityServer[55]: Session 100021 destroyed
Mar 3 13:27:13 <hostname> identityservicesd[264]: [Warning] Registration failed for Registration info (0x7fe58c860120): [Registered: NO] [Type: AppleID] [Device Name: (null)] [Service Type: com.apple.private.alloy.maps] [Env: (null)] [Main ID: <appleId>] [Phone Number: <appleId>] [AppleID: <appleId>] [UserID: E:<appleId>] [C2K: NO] [Push Token: <a89f2bbd ab5e66a6 b56e67a4 73169281 0de303d3 5347732f 6772cf9f ee8979bf>] [Region ID: (null)] [Base Number: (null)] [URIs: ()] [Candidates: ()] [Auth Cert: 0x0] [Reg Cert: 0x0] [Profile ID: (null)] [Auth User ID: (null)] [Heartbeat Date: (null)] (Error: 18)
Mar 3 13:27:13 --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Mar 3 13:27:13 <hostname> identityservicesd[264]: [Warning] Failed, login failed => Disabling service
Mar 3 13:27:13 --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Mar 3 13:27:13 <hostname> identityservicesd[264]: [Warning] Needs deletion: NO (Registration info (0x7fe58c860120): [Registered: NO] [Type: AppleID] [Device Name: (null)] [Service Type: com.apple.private.alloy.maps] [Env: (null)] [Main ID: <appleId>] [Phone Number: <appleId>] [AppleID: <appleId>] [UserID: E:<appleId>] [C2K: NO] [Push Token: <a89f2bbd ab5e66a6 b56e67a4 73169281 0de303d3 5347732f 6772cf9f ee8979bf>] [Region ID: (null)] [Base Number: (null)] [URIs: ()] [Candidates: ()] [Auth Cert: 0x0] [Reg Cert: 0x0] [Profile ID: (null)] [Auth User ID: (null)] [Heartbeat Date: (null)])

I replaced my hostname and apple ID with <hostname> and <appleId>, respectively.

There are about 10 of these "Registration failed" messages, one for each prompt asking for my iCloud password. The service types are either com.apple.private.alloy.maps or com.apple.private.alloy.multiplex1. After the "registration failed" warnings (10 prompts), there are two "login failed" messages and two "needs deletion" messages related to identityservicesd

I'm not entirely sure if this is iMessages related... I did replace my wifi card with an official Apple Broadcom one shortly before doing the "iMessage procedure". I can move this thread off its causing too much off-topic noise. iCloud/iMessage/FaceTime/AppStore/iTunes all seem to be working fine.

Last edited:
@ rek075 - I am unsure if iMsg would cause your iCloud woes, I still think it all points to your Keychain not holding your p/w settings for iCloud. You can try clearing all your passwords out of Keychain and reset it - It will not affect your logging in and out of iMsg or F/Time. Hopefully someone else can offer more insight on the problem - Good Luck.

Hi,

I've tried the following today although still no luck (logs below):

• Changing the S/N to a new one, I get the correct message now on Service and Support Coverage website (We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records) and didn't before so that's progress.
  • When deleting the relevant preferences iMessage allowed me to log in although in the text entry field it read "iMessage (Inactive)" and every contact would come up red then in the settings i would get the try again later message.
  • I was also able to successful change my smUUID through terminal and then changed in Clover Configurator.
  • Ethernet card BSD name: en0
  • Not sure if my MLB and ROM values are okay? I used them in Clover Configurator...

The searched iMessage logs show the following, not sure if related or causing a problem?
registrationfailed.png

Clover installation was flawless for me apart from iMessage not working, any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Kyler

Ok just read your earlier post - If you are getting the same Customer Code each time can only be two things I suspect, either your ID is Black Listed or your values are changing between Boot-ups. I suggest creating a new ID if you are confident your settings are good or try logging in as a guest and see what happens. Good Luck
I tried an alternate Apple ID I have. It was authenticated instantly. I then tried to iMessage my blacklisted Apple ID from my alt. It was not received. Then I checked iMessage settings on my phone, and I was not using an Apple ID for iMessage (token must have taken a few hours to expire on my phone). I tried to sign into my phone, but a UIAlert came up with a title of "iMessage Activation", message of "Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again.". Definitely blacklisted! How do I get my Apple ID off Apples blacklist? This is my main Apple ID and I do not want to have to switch.

Edit: I eventually was able to sign into iMessage on my phone with the Apple ID that I thought was blacklisted. If I can sign into it on my phone but not my hack, is it blacklisted?

@ rek075 - I am unsure if iMsg would cause your iCloud woes, I still think it all points to your Keychain not holding your p/w settings for iCloud. You can try clearing all your passwords out of Keychain and reset it - It will not affect your logging in and out of iMsg or F/Time. Hopefully someone else can offer more insight on the problem - Good Luck.

Deleting the files mentioned in section 3.3 of the guide fixed my issue: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html#TOP3.3

I tried an alternate Apple ID I have. It was authenticated instantly. I then tried to iMessage my blacklisted Apple ID from my alt. It was not received. Then I checked iMessage settings on my phone, and I was not using an Apple ID for iMessage (token must have taken a few hours to expire on my phone). I tried to sign into my phone, but a UIAlert came up with a title of "iMessage Activation", message of "Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again.". Definitely blacklisted! How do I get my Apple ID off Apples blacklist? This is my main Apple ID and I do not want to have to switch.

Edit: I eventually was able to sign into iMessage on my phone with the Apple ID that I thought was blacklisted. If I can sign into it on my phone but not my hack, is it blacklisted?

If you can sign in on your phone and not your Hack, that says your Hack's signature (Values) is revoked by Apple Servers - are you getting a Customer Code to call Apple? If you are you'll have to do what the GUIDE suggests and put in the call or, I know you're loathed to change your ID but you may have to bite the bullet and do just that, anyway its advised to change your ID periodically from time to time.

I really don't know what else to suggest apart from having another look at the GUIDE and or your Settings incase you're missing something - I feel your pain man - maybe someone else can offer some input to get you running - Good Luck.

every time I reboot my Hackintosh I'm prompted to login into iCloud with my AppleID (~ 10 times). Afterwards everything is fine and still works - it's just very annoying having to do this after every reboot.

@ rek075 - I am unsure if iMsg would cause your iCloud woes, I still think it all points to your Keychain not holding your p/w settings for iCloud. You can try clearing all your passwords out of Keychain and reset it

Deleting the files mentioned in section 3.3 of the guide fixed my issue: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html#TOP3.3

@rek075,

I suspect the issue was with the iMessage.bag file .... glad your up and running

Cheers
Jay

If you can sign in on your phone and not your Hack, that says your Hack's signature (Values) is revoked by Apple Servers - are you getting a Customer Code to call Apple? If you are you'll have to do what the GUIDE suggests and put in the call or, I know you're loathed to change your ID but you may have to bite the bullet and do just that, anyway its advised to change your ID periodically from time to time.

I really don't know what else to suggest apart from having another look at the GUIDE and or your Settings incase you're missing something - I feel your pain man - maybe someone else can offer some input to get you running - Good Luck.
I have already called Apppe for these same values, and the rep said he clicked unlock. Does anyone know of a reason that I would still be told to call Apple with the code even after I called them for it?

Also, I am told to call support on one account but not my alternate Apple ID.

Back