Contribute
Register
I find it absolutely mind numbing the amount of people asking for help when everything to get iMsg working is covered extensively in the guide. I personally feel some are not even trying to help them selves or just gives up after reading a couple of lines and then post for help expecting to be spoon fed, I suspect Jay has spent most of the festive season and some, trying to get us all back on line and the least we can do is to read his Guide and try to decipher the bit that pertains to ones particular problem, I am no spring chicken and if I can do it anyone can. One thing I would advocate when you feel your iMsg setup is right, run iMsg Debugger a few times between re-boots before attempting to connect to the iMsg/Ftime services just to insure your values are constant also very very important - DON'T do the setup wirelessly, for your values to remain constant, the initial setup MUST be done with your Ethernet Cable plugged into your modem. Sorry if I come across a bit harsh or condescending its not intentional, but some us need to help our selves before criticising the Guide. Good Luck.

Claps. I couldn't have said this any better.

and lol @ pcwizard7 but doesn't want to wizard his "PC" by reading.

Ok just read your earlier post - If you are getting the same Customer Code each time can only be two things I suspect, either your ID is Black Listed or your values are changing between Boot-ups. I suggest creating a new ID if you are confident your settings are good or try logging in as a guest and see what happens. Good Luck

I fixed my problem. ... Generated a new serial (11 characters), new uuid and new board serial number (17 characters)...

This confuses me....

According to this guide:
The MLB Value Should be 13 digits in length if you have an 11 digit OSX S/N or 17 digits long if you have 12 digit OSX S/N.

His board s/n should be 13 digits NOT 17 for iMessage to work....

This is the method that worked for me and Ive done it a few times (on my test drives) with different system definitions and serials and each time I was able to log straight in with my Apple ID without the Customer Code.
My install is a Clover Installation, got the serial number by shaking the 'Magic Wand' - checked on Apple site (like Jay suggests) to insure serial was not real - Generated my 'SmUUID' in Terminal with 'uuidgen' about 6 times before I settled for one - After adding the serial number (12 characters) in Clover 'SMBIOS' also the generated SmUUID, I took the last 12 characters from the SmUUID which is a mix of letters and numbers as the ROM in 'Rt Variables' (i've also had success using my Mac address for ROM). For the MLB I used my serial number C02L????F8JC plus the first 5 characters from my Mac address '62de6' so that it looks like this C02L????F8JC62DE6 making it 17 characters. Like I said I have done this method quite a few times on three different drives I have and use just for testing and each time I am able to log into iMsg F/Time without having to call apple with a Customer Code.

I must add at the beginning a few weeks ago when Apple lifted the Blockade???!!!! I did have to put a call into Apple to get my ID or my Hack details white Listed???!!! not sure what method they used but I can now concoct any system def on my Hack and log in with my ID. Maybe this will help or give hope to those still struggling to get it working.

I have been able to activate iMessage using the guide. Great work! However... every time I reboot my Hackintosh I'm prompted to login into iCloud with my AppleID (~ 10 times). Afterwards everything is fine and still works - it's just very annoying having to do this after every reboot. I have run iMessageDebug each time and my values are not changing. Any ideas here or how to diagnose this?

This confuses me....

According to this guide:

His board s/n should be 13 digits NOT 17 for iMessage to work....

I used the values from a genuine iMac 10,1 (2010). That model serial has 11 characters. I figured keep the same amount. Worked out fine.

I have been able to activate iMessage using the guide. Great work! However... every time I reboot my Hackintosh I'm prompted to login into iCloud with my AppleID (~ 10 times). Afterwards everything is fine and still works - it's just very annoying having to do this after every reboot. I have run iMessageDebug each time and my values are not changing. Any ideas here or how to diagnose this?

Maybe a slight glitch with your 'Keychain' - Here's something to try - go to 'Utilities' - click on 'Keychain Access' (just under Preferences) - Click on Keychain First Aid after its done note the results for any problems listed. Repair Disk Permissions in Disk Utility and re-boot. Good Luck

Back