UNLIKE OTHER INTERNET COMMUNITIES, THESE RULES ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED
Last Updated: 2018-05-19
Last Updated: 2018-05-19
- This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, torrent, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software or music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed and will result in a permanently ban from this community.
- Building a hackintosh is not illegal as long as you have legally acquired macOS. However by installing macOS on non-Apple hardware is a violation of the EULA. In most countries, violating the terms of the EULA is not illegal as it is a contract. You are advised to consult your local laws before continuing.
- Any posts referencing unapproved installation software, methods, or websites will be deleted. Approved installation methods are as follows: iBoot, UniBeast or createmedia.
- The methods and software on this site is not supported on AMD nor Atom CPUs. Desktop systems using chipsets from NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS are also not supported. Any post requesting help for or asking about these will be deleted.
- All software and DSDTs created by tonymacx86 LLC are copyrighted and may not be redistributed or hosted on any other site or file sharing service.
- Members are allowed only one account for personal non-commercial use.
- Registering with multiple accounts or using this community for commercial use will result in a permanent ban and deletion of accounts.
- Accounts must be created and maintained using a valid permanent email address. Using temporary or disposable emails is not allowed. Using these types of email accounts will result in deletion of the account.
- Users wishing to have their account deleted or removed need to notify us using the Contact Us link found on the bottom of every page. Any content for that account will either at the discretion of staff of the tonymacx86 Forum be deleted or the owner name will be changed.
- Must not violate tonymacx86 community standards and be safe for work (SFW).
- The usage of a user name that is similar or may be confused with official staff members or other users is not allowed.
- Due to global privacy laws, avatars may not be selfies or photos that can identify the user.
- Animated avatars are not allowed
- Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed.
- Use of the tonymacx86 logo in any form in avatars is not allowed.
- Copyrighted images are not allowed for use in avatars.
- Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system. Within the profile, Motherboard: is limited to manufacturer, model, UEFI/BIOS version and boot loader. CPU: is limited to model number and clock speed. Graphics: is limited to manufacturer, model, speed and VRAM size. Other Hardware is limited to RAM (amount and speed), storage (size and type), displays (size and type), network connection (type and speed) and add-in cards.
- Signatures are for build descriptions only and cannot be used to express personal, political or religious views. Users can list a maximum of 4 systems in their signature with each being on a separate line. Each build description can only contain motherboard manufacturer and model, CPU model and graphics card(s) manufacturer and model only. In lieu of listing components a link to your build in the user builds forum is allowed. Formatting of signatures is limited to the default font size and may contain bolding.
- Members cannot post advertisements or notices for eBay auctions, Kickstarter projects, Craigslist listings, personal sales, sponsorships or contests.
- Posting any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral is not allowed and will be removed.
- Posts containing links to price comparison web sites or services will be removed.
- No member can ask, accept, offer or provide any form of compensation to any other member for any form of assistance.
- We do not allow members to post threads or to send private messages or emails to other members offering to pay for either public or private assistance.
- Any post that advertises products or services or solicits for funds or donations will be removed.
- Private messaging is only enabled once a user has 75 valid posts.
- Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.
- All posts must be made in English. Any and all posts in other languages will be deleted.
- Please use the search function before creating a new topic. The question that you ask may have already been answered.
- Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums. Duplicate threads will be deleted
- Bumping a thread is allowed after waiting at least 24 hours with no more than one bump per day.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, nonsense posts, or one word (or short) posts.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed. These posts will be deleted and the posters privileges will be temporarily suspended.
- Any posts or links to sites or content that violates tonymacx86 rules as defined on this page will be removed.
- Trolling, spamming and advertising via the forum, email, visitor messages, comments or private message system is not allowed.
- All posts express the views of the author. Neither the owners of the tonymacx86 Forum, nor tonymacx86 LLC will be held responsible for the content of any post.
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, purposeless inflammatory posts or profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity filters).
- This site allows discussion of pre-release software (such as OS X Public Beta software builds) from the free Apple Beta Software Program. This site does NOT support pre-release Apple Developer Program Beta software, and does NOT allow the discussion of installation or use of Apple Developer Program Beta software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban. No Apple Developer Program Builds, Apple Beta Software Program builds only.
- Posts discussing or arguing about tonymacx86 policies or moderator actions are not allowed and will be deleted.
- Any disputes with the staff of the tonymacx86 site will be handled in private through thru the Contact Us link on this page.
- Although the administrators and moderators of the tonymacx86 Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable content off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all posts.
- The administrators and moderators of the tonymacx86 Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason at their discretion.
- We reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- Forum members can have their privileges suspended or removed at any time without prior notice.
- The staff of the tonymacx86 Forum without notice may edit posts, threads, user avatars, profiles or signatures to enforce these rules.
- The Contact Us link is ONLY for issues with the web site or your account.
- Any messages asking for help will be ignored. The administrators and moderators of the tonymacx86 Forum do not provide private support or advice.
- This website and all of its content is copyright of tonymacx86 LLC. All rights reserved.
- The content of this site may not be translated, transmitted or stored in any form on any other website or any other form of electronic retrieval system.
- Any redistribution or reproduction of any content from this site in any form is prohibited without the express written consent of tonymacx86 LLC.
- We reserve the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.