CPU
Intel
Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Can you provide some additional details:
Was the yosemite install an in-place upgrade or a fresh install?
Is your board a UEFI board?

If your upgrade was in place, and you installed clover in UEFI only, you should still be able to boot using chameleon and access your old values via fileNvram. (use imessage debug) save the output.

If your install was fresh, again boot to the old install and do the same as above.

Once you have your values: open clover's config.plist in clover configurator and go to the SMBIOS section.
Copy in your UUID, board serial number (MLB). Clover will use the last 6 bytes of your UUID as the ROM value. If you want to keep your old one, replace the last section of the UUID with your old ROM value.

Also copy your UUID into the system parameters screen and tick the "inject system id" box.

Reboot, and that should do it.
It was a fresh install. The board is not UEFI.

I tried copying the values from smbios.plist to Clover:

SMbiosversion -> BiosVersion
SMboardproduct -> Board-ID
SMfamily -> Family
SMproductname -> ProductName
SMserial -> SerialNumber

I also set FixLan_2000 to false because ethernet was en1 and now it is en0.

In the Apple System Report the Model Name, Model Identifier, Hardware UUID and Serial Number are all the same now. I am able to sign in to iMessage but not able to send or receive messages. I will try running iMessage Debug and provide an update

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC Force
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 5770
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have iMessage working using Chameleon and FileNVRAM on Mavericks. However, I switched to Clover for Yosemite and iMessage is not working. How do I copy the working values from my Chameleon/Mavericks partition to my Clover/Yosemite partition?
Run iMessage Debug in your Chameleon setup make note of MLB and ROM values and copy these values over to clover Rt Variables.

Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
2x Xeon E5520
Graphics
Ati 6850
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Can anyone tell me how to manually inject a boardserialnumber ? it seems that its the only thing missing from my configuration.

Using chameleon 2570 and nvram 1.1.4
Anyone ?

PS : Updated to 2578

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Q77M-D2H - Clover boot
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770
Graphics
Integrated Intel HD 4000
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I then called Apple Support and gave them the customer code, expecting that the CSR would be able to clear my iMessage lockout (as had always been the case before Nov 2014) but, to my surprise, the CSR entered the code multiple times but I was still unable to log in to iMessage and kept getting the exact same customer code. After two tries, the CSR asked me to restart my computer and she then tried again, but the lockout still persisted with the same exact customer code. She then transferred me to a Senior Advisor, but the call dropped during the transfer. I did not call again as I'd realized that something had changed since Nov 2014.
This has been my experience as well, but only with one AppleID - my main iCloud one; when I test it with a second AppleID, I have no problem signing on to iMessage.

Motherboard
Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 650 TI
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
This has been my experience as well, but only with one AppleID - my main iCloud one; when I test it with a second AppleID, I have no problem signing on to iMessage.
I can also confirm that the connection problems did not necessarily come from the computer, on my four hackintosh only my Apple ID works without problems
any other ID of my family, on the same computer, sends a client code and do not be logged spineless has iMessage
on my real mac all ID works, so the problems and Apple

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H, 16 GB
CPU
Intel i5 4670K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
So having read all 26 pages of the insanelymac forum on MLB pattern, particularly the part where it says that the advice of taking your S/N and adding characters to equal 17 is WRONG, and having read the guide here that recommends doing exactly that, it appears there is a CONTRADICTION. This guide makes it seem a piece of cake, while the insanely mac thread says that the 17 char MLB serial isn't even fully understood yet. Specifically the 4 characters on either side of the EEE code.

In my initial attempt I generated an iMac 14,2 SMBIOS and serial. I clicked shake plenty of times on the randomizer.
I then did as tonymac suggested and added some characters to it to equal 17 chars to get an MLB value.

I generated a UUID using UUIDGen and placed it in SMBIOS and system parameters. I allowed clover to use the last 6 bytes of this as the ROM value, since that's what it wants to do by default.

So what did I miss?

I think the confusion (which was outlined in the thread) is that there was some initial confusion on if the IM website had it correct, so this TM's site was the method (and it worked until Nov '14).

Since then, the IM website has the correct method of figuring out a MLB/ROM/SN so use that method. Everything else, follow this thread.

As for me, my ROM is my Ethernet address but made with an apple manufacturer code.

Of course all of this was detailed in this thread.

Motherboard
CPU
i5-4690 - 3.5GHz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 780 SC 3GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm able to log in, but I can't send or receive any messages and all my buddies' e-mail addresses and phone numbers say that they aren't registered with iMessage.

Clover, 10.10.2, iMac 14.2 sysdef.

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H -Clover
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Gigabyte nVidia GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Finally found a script for a 17 char MLB gen on page 24 of the IM thread. Is that the one you used? Did it require a call to apple or just worked with your en0 address and an Apple Prefix?

I would just go ahead an generate a 13 char save for one concern: Does anyone know what the factors are that Handoff and continuity require from the system definition/serial # etc. I had seen claims that it required a serial/SMBIOS for a newer mac.
There seems to be

Motherboard
asrock z370m pro4
CPU
i5 8600k
Graphics
GTX 970
I just built a customac and I wanted to get imessenge to work on yosemite. I know I need to use NVfile patched version and I have the commands to apply the mlb and rom but I don't know If I should use the codes from our office imac (no one uses imessege, facetime, icloud on it so I don't care If it doesnt work on it) or how I'm supposed to generate one by myself?

Motherboard
HP m9250f Mavericks 10.9.5
CPU
Quad-Core Q6700
Graphics
EVGA GT 640
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Other
Not absolutely sure with the new successes, it seems that Clover is needed to make working an installation that was not already working before Apple changes in November.

In my desktop, I have 4 HDD (Data) and 2 SDD (Osx and Win 8.1) and iMessage is working.

No need to reinstall to switch from Chameleon to Clover.
First make an USB boot with Clover and try to start your regular install from it (disable network when you are trying to avoid to send multiple configuration to Apple). When it is working, you can make a duplicate (or a backup) and modify your installation on SSD.
They are many tutorials to explain how to switch from Chameleon to Clover (format of startup file is different, there is a special place for kext, and it is more powerful with the possibility to patch kext on the fly). Not so easy, and need time to understand how to take advantage of the patch on the fly (it is possible to have installs updating without problem as a true Mac).

Thank you for responding. Sorry, I don't fully understood what you meant.

I did create a Clover bootable usb and boot mavericks from it. Then I tried to fix imessage using the Clover method as outlined in this guide but didn't work. UNLESS, maybe I mounted the wrong EFI partition? Which EFI partition should I mount? I believe I mounted the EFI partition of the Clover bootable USB. Should I have mounted the EFI partition of my Mavericks SSD? would that mess up my Chameleon bootloader?

Also, I did have my internet disconnected while trying to fix.

Can you please explain "make a duplicate (or a backup) and modify your installation on SSD". duplicate my clover configurations and use it to modify to my SSD? how can I modify the installation?

Thank you.

kd

i planned to install fresh yosemite with clover bootloader on another drive other than my main Maverick SSD.