Contribute
Register
What should I do with my problem? I can log in just fine, but I can't send/receive any messages. I've tried all the people I know who have iPhones/Macs and genuine iMessage capable Apple IDs but all of them say "XY isn't registered to iMessage."

What should I do with my problem? I can log in just fine, but I can't send/receive any messages. I've tried all the people I know who have iPhones/Macs and genuine iMessage capable Apple IDs but all of them say "XY isn't registered to iMessage."

I take it iMsg and F/Time are shown as logged in, if thats the case, you need to disconnect from the internet, delete iMsg F/Time caches etc as directed in the Guide, reboot and connect to internet, you will need to log into iMsg Service again if successful send a test msg to your iPhone or someone else's and see if that worked if still the same have a look in 'Warning Console' for the problem. Good Luck.

@jaymonkey

Hi,

I've tried the following today although still no luck (logs below):

• Changing the S/N to a new one, I get the correct message now on Service and Support Coverage website (We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records) and didn't before so that's progress.
  • When deleting the relevant preferences iMessage allowed me to log in although in the text entry field it read "iMessage (Inactive)" and every contact would come up red then in the settings i would get the try again later message.
  • I was also able to successful change my smUUID through terminal and then changed in Clover Configurator.
  • Ethernet card BSD name: en0
  • Not sure if my MLB and ROM values are okay? I used them in Clover Configurator...

The searched iMessage logs show the following, not sure if related or causing a problem?
registrationfailed.png

Clover installation was flawless for me apart from iMessage not working, any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Kyler

Check out the call customer support section of this guide. jaymonkey recently added a part about WAN IP bans for a specific Apple ID if two many devices come from it.

I went to icloud dot com and looked under settings and my main I.D. has about 5 different Mac's listed under devices LOL.

Same thing happened to me !

@Guys,

The issue on unknowingly creating multiple (invalid) identities for your hack(s) has been covered in the guide for a long time, It first became a problem about three years ago when non persistent ROM values were automatically generated by legacy boot loaders such as Chimera on each boot, (when iMessage first launched that was not an issue). As stated in the guide in multiple places, when debugging iMessage issues on a Hackingtosh I always recommend to keep the machine off-line or quarantined on your network until your happy that all ID's are correct and persistent, only then connect to iCloud services.

The problem now is that you have multiple devices associated with your Apple ID that are either invalid and/or no longer accessible to log them out - these will not expire like a iMessage security token. It is also possible that these devices may be causing a device miss-match on Apples system if one or more of the devices has a common ID with another .... I've never been 100% certain about this nor the number of times a miss-match can be logged against a AppleID but it sounds like you guys are in this situation and that the number of miss-matches is five, Once this lockout is in-place you can no longer associate any new OS X devices with your AppleID.

You could try contacting Apple support and ask if its possible for them to reset/remove the devices against your AppleID .... but I've never tried that so I'm not sure what the outcome would be, if any of you guys do try this approach please post feedback on how you get on.

The only way to log them out and diss-associate them would be to recreate the device identity for each one but this is only possible if you know ALL of the ID's for each device (SmUUID, OS X S/N, ROM, MLB) ... this is only possible if you have a backup of each devices Identity. This is why i recommend (in multiple places) to always keep and re-use working ID's for the life of that system.

Your only other alternative is to Create a new AppleID .... disconnect all machines from your network (logout of all iCloud services first !!) and create new identities for all of your hacks, once the ID's look good reconnect and re-associate them with your new AppleID. If you don't have any purchases against your old AppleID then you could then try deleting it ... however this will not be an option if you have a lot of app or itunes purchases against your account. Unfortunately Apple do not allow the transfer of purchases between accounts so you'll have to keep the old Account alive even if you don't use it anymore.

Remember this would never happen using genuine Mac's as all ID's are burnt into the system board and are always persistent ... so don't blame Apple ..

Cheers
Jay

I take it iMsg and F/Time are shown as logged in, if thats the case, you need to disconnect from the internet, delete iMsg F/Time caches etc as directed in the Guide, reboot and connect to internet, you will need to log into iMsg Service again if successful send a test msg to your iPhone or someone else's and see if that worked if still the same have a look in 'Warning Console' for the problem. Good Luck.

Same issue...

Where can I find "Warning Console"?

hey Jay I've tried to remove devices from iCloud setting -> Devices but it didn't work !

wat i did is, i switch to machine by noting the Serial No. then i booted init and logged out from iCloud account and switch back to current Hack, but it didn't work !

i can still see it on my iCloud setting -> devices.

only think happened is, it was 13inch model so it updated to 15inch n also it got default computer name e.i Macbook Pro :(

hey Jay I've tried to remove devices from iCloud setting -> Devices but it didn't work !

wat i did is, i switch to machine by noting the Serial No. then i booted init and logged out from iCloud account and switch back to current Hack, but it didn't work !

i can still see it on my iCloud setting -> devices.

only think happened is, it was 13inch model so it updated to 15inch n also it got default computer name e.i Macbook Pro :(

Method - Log into iCloud -> Find My Phone -> All Devices, From the drop down list see if the Mac you want to remove is there, if it is, Click on it and on the upper right side of the screen, click on 'Erase Mac', don't worry that it still appears in 'iCloud Settings' it will take a period of time for the Apple Servers to delete it from your account. Good Luck.

Back