Contribute
Register
Hello @esafeddie
So I tested the above with 2 different Apple ID after logging as guest. In both cases it was not possible to log into Message with the respective appleID. Doing the same on my MacBookPro, logging into iMessage was just fine. Do I conclude that there is something wrong with the machine then? thank you!
I don't think there is anything wrong with the machine as such but I suspect the entered data is an area to be looked at and checked again. One important area to check is make sure your Ethernet connection is registered as en0.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the machine as such but I suspect the entered data is an area to be looked at and checked again. One important area to check is make sure your Ethernet connection is registered as en0.
Thank you.
Ethernet connection is registered as en0. I am not sure what else to check. I have been very careful about setting up all critical parameters as per the indication and guidelines. I have even tried to log in under a vpn so that another IP address is being "seen" by Apple servers as per some concerns in this guide about too may entries / log ins performed under the same IP address. If any ideas come to mind I am very happy to test them. Thank you.

Hi,

I will soon build a new hack and as it will be a new machine with anew SMBios I can't simply use the working ID's of my current Hack and should create new ones, right? Thanks

Hi,

I will soon build a new hack and as it will be a new machine with anew SMBios I can't simply use the working ID's of my current Hack and should create new ones, right? Thanks
If you're keeping the other one or getting rid of it, either way it is best for the new build to have it's own credentials to minimize one of them throwing up a security flag on Apple Servers, so I would advise you to create new ones for the new build.

Hi there,

I've read somewhere that Big Sur doesn't give a customer code as it was the case with previous versions of macOS. Is it therefore better to setup iMessage on Catalina and then update to Big Sur or it's not necessary? Thanks

I should have added that this is for a new hack I'll build so I will generate new ID's and include them in the config.plist before installing macOS, hope it will work

I should have added that this is for a new hack I'll build so I will generate new ID's and include them in the config.plist before installing macOS, hope it will work
You'll have to generate new credentials for the new hack e.g S/N, ROM SmUUID etc, etc and you'll have to make sure all entered data conforms to ensure iMessage function correctly so that when you logon with your established iMessage ID, a flag won't be thrown up. Good luck.

I've meticulously followed the guides here a couple times and always get stuck at the end where I get the customer code. I've also chatted with over a dozen Apple reps who have been confident they've entered my code successfully and whitelisted me. Yet it still gives me the same code, every single time. I've tried this both on a desktop PC and a laptop, same result. When I started this from the beginning, my generated serial had no record in the mac lookup website, and now it shows up as a valid serial (presumably from the Apple reps whitelisting me?).

Anyway - I'm not sure where or how to start over and somehow do things differently so I don't end right back where I was with yet another customer code. One thing I recently noticed though - is that some other people in here had similar issues and it turned out the internet wasn't set to eth0, but it shows eth0 for both the laptop and desktop attempts. But I've also noticed that an additional nullethernet step/fix is needed but it appears as though that's only for systems that lack an ethernet port or are using a usb wifi dongle? Both my laptop and desktop have a physical ethernet port; but I'm not using the ethernet port on either. I'm using wifi on both the desktop and laptop. Is that my issue? If so, do I need to start all the way at the beginning again and generate a new everything, or is this this just one final step I can do right now to resolve everything?

Back