Contribute
Register
If you haven't already, run iMessageDeBugger to insure the data is constant between reboots and does not read Void/null although I feel this is a thing of the past but still worth a check.
Just checked and compared between reboots; everything is identical re letters/numbers, but under System Id, it just says "Failed" rather than letters/numbers on both logs.

Does a failed System ID tell us anything or is that normal?

And even if it doesn't, I just wanted to confirm that I don't need the NullEthernet fix even if using Wifi, so long as I'm not using a wifi dongle, and so long as I have an ethernet port (but don't have to actually use the ethernet port)

Ah yes! that there is the problem. Have another look at the requirements on machine data i.e ROM, S/N, MLB and SmUUID. These must all be formulated correct to enable full function of all Apple Services on your devices.
Great, I'll take a closer look. Is it possible to work with the same S/N that's been whitelisted after a chat with Apple? Or will I have to start all over?

The same S/N and ROM are ok, it is the SmUUID (System ID) that has failed, you need to make sure the data conforms to Apple's requirement. This data can be produced automatically by the Clover Configurator app or any other like it.

I loaded my config with existing serial #, clicked generate new for SmUUID several times, saved/quit/restarted, and ran Debug, and same issue (failed system ID).

It was then that I noticed I hadn't updated Clover for like, a year, so I updated it. Upon opening the updated version of Clover, I saw a new little error message on the SMBIOS page saying "Your SMBIOS needs to be updated," but it's not obvious to me how to actually do that.

Ok are you running BS with Clover also what is the Mac model of your machine? i.e iMac 19.1 or iMac pro 1.1(which are compatible, models like 14.1 and older are not if I am not mistaken - Google is your friend here to find what models are and ones that are not) The reason I ask some Mac models (SMBIOS) are not compatible To run BS. Correct or change your Mac model is the key to the problem.

I dare say if you do change the Mac model of your machine, it is best to remove this machine from iCloud and generate new S/N, ROM, MLB, SmUUID etc. When this is done, log on with your Apple details into all Apple Services and the problem should be fixed. Good luck.

Ok are you running BS with Clover also what is the Mac model of your machine? i.e iMac 19.1 or iMac pro 1.1(which are compatible, models like 14.1 and older are not if I am not mistaken - Google is your friend here to find what models are and ones that are not) The reason I ask some Mac models (SMBIOS) are not compatible To run BS. Correct or change your Mac model is the key to the problem.

I dare say if you do change the Mac model of your machine, it is best to remove this machine from iCloud and generate new S/N, ROM, MLB, SmUUID etc. When this is done, log on with your Apple details into all Apple Services and the problem should be fixed. Good luck.
Does BS = Big Sur? If so, no I'm not; I'm running Catalina.

My "Product Name" is MacBookPro15,1. I vaguely recall specifically choosing this model because it has an identical CPU to my host machine.

Ok - Is your machine a laptop? because if it is not, your specs are more suited to a high end iMac desktop model. If it is a laptop, you should look in the laptop section for a solution.

I can't remember if I mentioned previously that I tried on both a laptop and a desktop. But the MacBookPro15,1 is for a laptop and indeed it does have pretty high specs. When i tried on the desktop I had that emulating a highend iMac desktop model (can't remember off the top of my head what specifically)

Are you saying that even if I start all over from scratch and scrub these failed old attempts from my icloud account, that I may still run into problems if trying to generate ids for my high-end laptop if I label it as a MacBookPro?

You are going in the right direction if indeed it is a laptop, pick a Mac Model as near as possible to your machine specs. In doing that, you need to pick a S/N and MLB that will emulate a real Mac Model when you log into Apple Services.

Formulating a SmUUID is very easy as it is done for you in Clover as well as the S/N and the MLB. As you know ROM is your MAC address also easily found on your system. All these elements must be correct and in place for the machine to be recognised by Apple Services and not flagged as a security risk.

What I advise is, if you do generate new data (i.e S/N, MLB etc etc) you must remove the old previous machine from iCloud to dispel any conflicts between the old and the new which may further compromise the ability to log into the Services.

Back