Contribute
Register
Hi! i'm trying to generate a valid iMacPro1,1 serial number but there's no way to get a valid one.

I could rescue a valid one i already used in other setup before my new installation but don't have the Board Serial Number that matches it and either the UUID.

I see i can put my Serial Number on Clover SMBIOS tab and generate a UUID from this one, but i can't generate a Board Serial Number. Is there a way to generate both (Board Serial Number and UUID) from a Serial Number?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
No no please no - The term valid can be slightly misleading. You must generate a serial number that conforms to Apple's S/N Format but must not be a genuine Apple S/N that is registered on their data base as one of their machines.
Your first place of stop should be here - 'An iDiot's Guide to iMessage', P1LGRIM done a very clear guide on how to get iMessage working on a Hackintosh. Good luck.

No no please no - The term valid can be slightly misleading. You must generate a serial number that conforms to Apple's S/N Format but must not be a genuine Apple S/N that is registered on their data base as one of their machines.
Your first place of stop should be here - 'An iDiot's Guide to iMessage', P1LGRIM done a very clear guide on how to get iMessage working on a Hackintosh. Good luck.
I switched to OpenCore and following this guide:

And there says i should get a "purchase date not validated" in Apple Check Coverage Page. Do you mean i should get a "We're sorr, but this serial number isn't valid" instead? I'm confused with that.

Captura de pantalla 2020-11-05 a las 19.38.26.png

iMessage UUID Summary

On a working OS X system the following should all be true.
  • The platform UUID (via terminal command: "ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID") and hardware UUID (via System Profiler -> Hardware Overview) should always be the same.
  • The IOReg key "system-id" (IORegistry: IODeviceTree : efi / platform / system-id) should always be 16 bytes and should always be different to the OS X Platform & Hardware UUID regardless if manually injected or supplied by the BIOS.
Hi, I have a working hack with working iMessage and all services. I'm considering to upgrade to Big Sur and I need to switch from Clover to OpenCore. While I was setting up this hack, I generated CustomUUID from Clover Configurator. OpenCore does not support CustomUUID and if I drop it I may get blacklisted.

As I've seen from Hackintool, System Info and IOReg, CustomUUID is used or injected instead of SmUUID. So, MacOS probably used CustomUUID for creating Hardware UUID. What I think is, if I use CustomUUID to fill SmUUID field in config.plist file of OpenCore, I should get the same Hardware UUID. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Hi - If you're moving over to Opencore from Clover, you can use all the injected data for your Mac Model. There is no need to generate new ones for Opencore. Make a note of all your current injected data ie S/N, SmUUID, ROM and MLB also Mac Model whether it is iMacPro1.1 or iMac19.1 (see attached). Good luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 07.05.51.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 07.05.51.png
    169.4 KB · Views: 176
if I use CustomUUID to fill SmUUID field in config.plist file of OpenCore, I should get the same Hardware UUID. Is that correct?

@Archangeliques,

SmUUID is normally generated by MacOS using the hardware UUID which is either the one backed into the Motherboard/UEFI or (as in your case) from an injected Custom UUID. If you use the old Custom UUID as the new SmUUID with OC then it will cause a ID miss-match as the SmUUID will be different to what it was when the system was booted with Clover.

Your best bet would be to boot your system using your old Clover EFI & Config, once booted make a note of the current SmUUID using Hackintool. You can then use that SmUUID in Open Cores config.plist which should then allow OC to boot your system with the old SmUUID.

Before you do it, physically disconnect your system from the internet, make the OC config changes and then once the system is booted with OC check all the iMessage System ID's using Hackintool (as well as SmUUID). If everything is the same as it was when the system was booted with Clover then you should be good to go.

Disconnecting your system from the internet will stop it from contacting Apples servers while your in the testing phase, and should stop any flags being generated against your iMessage and other Apple accounts if the system boots with miss-matched system id's.

Important: Make sure you clear your NVRAM before booting with OC.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
SmUUID is normally generated by MacOS using the hardware UUID which is either the one backed into the Motherboard/UEFI or (as in your case) from an injected Custom UUID. If you use the old Custom UUID as the new SmUUID with OC then it will cause a ID miss-match as the SmUUID will be different to what it was when the system was booted with Clover.

Your best bet would be to boot your system using your old Clover EFI & Config, once booted make a note of the current SmUUID using Hackintool. You can then use that SmUUID in Open Cores config.plist which should then allow OC to boot your system with the old SmUUID.
That's exactly what I though. Let me clarify it, because there is a misunderstanding. I have 1 and only Clover EFI & Config ATM. I haven't prepared OC config and EFI yet. In short, I'll just cut CustomUUID from config.plist and paste it into SmUUID in the same config.plist and viola, I'll have no problem, right?

To make it more clear and make others to understand and act accordingly with their switch to OC, I'll write values from different places to show which value is detected where.

Code:
Clover Config (config.plist)
SMBIOS
   SmUUID: XXX
System Parameters:
   CustomUUID: YYY

Hackintool
System Info
   HW UUID: ZZZ
   System ID: YYY (this is the same as CustomUUID instead of SmUUID)

System Report
Hardware
   Hardware UUID: ZZZ

IOREG
IODeviceTree
   Root
      /
         IOPlatformUUID: ZZZ
   Root
      EFI
         Platform
            system-id: YYY

Values are short samples. Now, I'll just cut CustomUUID's value "YYY" from config.plist and paste it to SmUUID's value field in config.plist. So, SmUUID's "XXX" value will be replaced to "YYY".

Code:
New Clover Config (config.plist):
SMBIOS
   SmUUID: YYY
System Parameters:
   CustomUUID: YYY (will be removed)

Once I change the values, Hackintool System ID along with IOReg platform/system-id will be the same "YYY" (old CustomUUID, new SmUUID).

Is that correct? I'm considering to change the values in Clover's config.plist to test and confirm it before switching to OC btw, which is more easy to do for me right now.

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

Whenever I try to login to iMessage it appears to authenticate, and after a few seconds the login prompt appears again. I tried to login with another Apple account of mine and was able to login and text as expected, but I keep running through the issue above when I use my main account.

You might think that my account is locked, however, I'm able to use iMessage just fine on my iPhone and I even checked with Apple support on the account's status and they confirmed that it's not locked.

Appreciate all the help and support.
Hi lads, I also have this issue on Big Sur, did anyone actually found a solution?
I don’t mind creating a new Apple ID, but I already created 3 and still got the same result.
Thanks for the help!

Hi lads, I also have this issue on Big Sur, did anyone actually found a solution?
I don’t mind creating a new Apple ID, but I already created 3 and still got the same result.
Thanks for the help!
I'm having the same issue - sign in loop on both facetime and messages - opencore/big sur.

Any solutions?

Back