CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 5770
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Btw i also have 2 credit cards : 1 Visa Classic & 1 Master Card.
They are from the bank where i work but they only work on Albanian Store,i tried to switch to United States store but on the US store it says credit card/payment declined,will give it a try with the CC of my father which is from a higher End bank on my country.if it works on US Store i will try Apple Music and see if somehow it might fix iMessage but i really am not counting on that.
My only personal option that i would like to try is go to a Apple store and on one of the iPhones there that are for testing,add my main Apple id - sign in to icloud,add as a trusted device,call my sister to give her the code when she tries to sign in on my hackintosh with my Apple ID and tell her try to sign in into my hackintosh and see if it somehow fixes that,if it does,remove everything from that iPhone after and go home happy.

I can 90% say that Credit Card doesn't matter (from my own personal experience)

In case i call Apple Support for a second time, what if i give the serial number of my colleague Macbook Pro and tell them that I don't have it with me.Or maybe tell them the generated serial number and tell them that i purchased it from eBay,it had a problem with the board and got fixed ?
But won't your friend's laptop be registered on Apple's Data base in his name already and as his property? Just be careful and be wise.

Motherboard
GA-Z97X Gaming 5
CPU
4 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce RX 580 8 GB
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
@ MikeHoward - The script I use 'SimpleMLB.sh' or'MLBGen17v3' for all my current builds (I take no credit for the creation of the script), just open 'Terminal' and drag or copy and paste the whole script and hit enter which will then generate an MLB value unique to your machine specs (This can be done numerous times, formulating different ones each time). Maybe you've already tried this version but if you haven't just give it a try. This is important - before you change your values, you should sign out of iCloud, delete the files depicted in the 'Idiot Guide', completely remove the machine from the internet and inject the new values. After all this is done, 'Repair Permissions' reboot and run iMsg DeBugger and check that the new values are the same as injected. If all looks ok, connect to internet, log onto iCloud to register machine, after this you can try iMsg/F-Time.

One bizarre tip a member tried and shared which worked for him - Turn your internet router off for a minute or so forcing a reset/refresh. Apparently the router was broadcasting different and random data at times causing iMsg/F-Time rejection, I'm not suggesting this is the problem you're having but I've seen many weird happenings with the iMessage problem. Good luck.
@esafedddie, Thank you. Two things stands out for me:

1. Which of the two scripts should i run ?
  2. Is it a pre-requisite to first log into iCloud before activating IM ?

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC Force
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 5770
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Dosnt matter which one you use, they both do the same also it's imperative to do any system characteristics changes off line.

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC Force
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 5770
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
The MLB Generator, just place it on the desktop double click it and answer the two or three queries and it will give you the value.

Motherboard
GA-Z97X Gaming 5
CPU
4 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
The MLB Generator, just place it on the desktop double click it and answer the two or three queries and it will give you the value.
Thank you for the effort.

2 challenges:

1. Your script "simpleMLB.sh.zip" to generate the serial number is empty when I download it. Only the folder structure comes through. So I decided to generate a serial using cloverconfig
  2. The MLB Generator "MLBGenV17V3" script generates the following error when I run it.

./MLBGen17V3
'R8' NULL
Serial is Incorrect
where 'R8" is characters 4 and 5 of the serial no.

I did managed to get it past the error but that was not using a serial number in my config. Doing this ask for S or M to input. S does not generate anything and says the MAC and ROM is different

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-Designaire
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700k
Graphics
MSI GTX 1080 Aero
Thank you for the effort.

2 challenges:

1. Your script "simpleMLB.sh.zip" to generate the serial number is empty when I download it. Only the folder structure comes through. So I decided to generate a serial using cloverconfig
  2. The MLB Generator "MLBGenV17V3" script generates the following error when I run it.

./MLBGen17V3
'R8' NULL
Serial is Incorrect
where 'R8" is characters 4 and 5 of the serial no.

I did managed to get it past the error but that was not using a serial number in my config. Doing this ask for S or M to input. S does not generate anything and says the MAC and ROM is different
Using clover to generate a SN should be fine as long as you use the magic wand to "shake" the values a bunch of times to randomize them. Then you need to check if it's a valid SN per the idiots guide, to be sure it conforms to the correct format AND is a SN that is not in use. Then use simplemlb.sh to generate a MLB value (i've re attached it here, just drag it to an open terminal window). Then use your ETH0 MAC address, or the last portion of your SmUUID as the ROM value.

This should either let you1. Log into IM. or 2. Throw the "Contact apple with customer service code xxx-xxx-xxx" issue (this is where I'm at)

option 2 means you'll have to call apple support and hope they whitelist your rig.

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC Force
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 5770
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
You must have a formulated Mac Serial Number already injected for either of the MLB Generators to work as the creation of the MLB value is formed in conjunction with the Mac S/N. I've again uploaded the Generator you say you're having a problem with.
The MLBGen17V3 - If you use this one you must do exactly as it ask by matching lower case lettering and capital lettering, it will not work otherwise i.e 'iM' for iMac (without the quotes) etc, etc. Good luck.

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC Force
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 5770
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
GA-Z97X Gaming 5
CPU
4 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
If you use the MLBGen17v3 - This is what you should see (I've omitted my details from the last pic).
Thank you so much...

I had to change my SMBIOS from a iMac17,1 to iMac14,2 to make it work.

Question:

1. Using it this way I noticed that MLBGen17V3 display the MAC address (en0) correctly, i.e. that is = to the MAC Address found System/Preferences/Network/Advanced. MLBGen17V3 also generate a ROM value which is different to MAC. Do I need to use this ROM value in the clover config (under RtVariables section) as opposed to specifying "UseMacAddr0" ?? Which one do you use normally ??
  2. MLBGen17V3 calculated the MLB. Must this value be configured in the clover config (under RtVariables section), Or do I need to put it as BoardSerialNumber under the SMBIOS section ?? Reason I'm asking is there seem to be no definitive answer to this on the web. This guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ actually suggest not to use MLB, rather use BoardSerialNumber.

Please let me know so i can try it for IM

Once again thank you

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z97X Gaming 5
CPU
4 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Using clover to generate a SN should be fine as long as you use the magic wand to "shake" the values a bunch of times to randomize them. Then you need to check if it's a valid SN per the idiots guide, to be sure it conforms to the correct format AND is a SN that is not in use. Then use simplemlb.sh to generate a MLB value (i've re attached it here, just drag it to an open terminal window). Then use your ETH0 MAC address, or the last portion of your SmUUID as the ROM value.

This should either let you 1. Log into IM. or 2. Throw the "Contact apple with customer service code xxx-xxx-xxx" issue (this is where I'm at)

option 2 means you'll have to call apple support and hope they whitelist your rig.
Thank you, please could you check your apple system log.

I have the latter case with the customer service code. That message does not necessarily imply that you good to go and just phone apple, I have the same message but the apple system log gives:

identityservicesd[306]: [Warning] Registration failed for Registration info (0x7fd260fxxxxx): [Registered: NO] [Type: AppleID] [Device Name: MK-iMac] [Service Type: iMessage] [Env: (null)] [Main ID: appleid@*.com] [Phone Number: this is emptyappleid@*.com] [AppleID: appleid@*.com] [UserID: E:appleid@*.com] [C2K: YES] [Push Token: <3f7c6604 xx66xx37 273c52a3 32ef558c d15749c3 37b948d2 54a9a0a4 46xxe0be>] [Region ID: R:GB] [Base Number: +440000000000] [URIs: ()] [Candidates: (+441x9xxx6x, appleid@*.com)] [Auth Cert: 0x7fd260fxxxxx] [Reg Cert: 0x0] [Profile ID: D:8xx17xxx3x] [Auth User ID: D:8xx17xxx3x] [Heartbeat Date: (null)] (Error: 31)

According to jaymonky's posts on page 1(in this thread) the error code mean something is wrong with MLB/SN. Hence I'm not going to even try to phone home unless the system log is clean.

Last edited: