Contribute
Register
You cannot sign in to iMessage on this Mac at this time.
To use iMessage with this Mac, contact Apple Support and provide the code below.

Customer Code: Xxx
Apple ID: Xxxx
---------------

Any ideas how can I solve this issue ? Btw I have iPhone in case I need it for continue solving this issue

@ Liniaunu - why do you persist in asking the same question over and over again. No matter what method or guide you use, if your hack gives you a Code to call Customer Services, then there's nothing else you can do to change that fact. Since Apple's new security methods, I haven't come across any steps to change that situation. If and when you do please share but at the moment you're just whistling in the wind I'm afraid.

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here has built a system that uses Core i3-2120 for the CPU (I'm running on a Dell Optiplex 990 SFF). I am trying to find the best Model ID match because I simply cannot get iMessages to work no mater how many times I've tried this guide (and several other guides). I don't consider myself a computer newbie (built my first PC on Abit BP6 dual celeron, been using Linux since around the time Red Hat 4.0 was released, and plenty of hacking since then), but I cannot for the life of me get iMessages to work. My suspicion is that Clover's magic wand for creating a S/N is not complete. The closest Model ID is iMac12,1 or iMac12,2. There was a special education release with iMac12,1 (http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...-inch-aluminum-late-2011-education-specs.html) -- and this particular release is what best matches the Core i3-2120. However, Clover only ever produces S/N's that correspond to Core i5 or i7 models (based on the last four hex-digits). Has anyone successfully set up iMessages for this processor?

I have a Dell notebook with a Core i7 Skylake 6500U processor. I made everything as expected on an idiots guide to iMessage and have a partial working iMessage on my system (simulation a Macbook9,1 model).
My results:
Using a very old Apple ID (it is a me.com, mac.com) iMessage works just fine.
Using a not so old like that one (its a gmail.com that is icloud.com either), it works, but I needed to change my apple id password after a message that said that I needed to confirm identity or something like that.
Using a fresh new Apple ID, iMessage do not work and I get the message to call Apple with a token number.
I tried restarting, logging off iCloud and logging on again, but I get always the same message to call apple support.

My very old Apple ID works just fine with different SMBIOS I created using the idiots guide.
So, this is an evidence that Apple has change something with the new Apple IDs.

Last edited:
I have a Dell notebook with a Core i7 Skylake 6500U processor. I made everything as expected on an idiots guide to iMessage and have a partial working iMessage on my system (simulation a Macbook9,1 model).
My results:
Using a very old Apple ID (it is a me.com, mac.com) iMessage works just fine.
Using a not so old like that one (its a gmail.com that is icloud.com either), it works, but I needed to change my apple id password after a message that said that I needed to confirm identity or something like that.
Using a fresh new Apple ID, iMessage do not work and I get the message to call Apple with a token number.
I tried restarting, logging off iCloud and logging on again, but I get always the same message to call apple support.

My very old Apple ID works just fine with different SMBIOS I created using the idiots guide.
So, this is an evidence that Apple has change something with the new Apple IDs.

Both of my Apple IDs are from 2008 (possibly even earlier); I wonder if these accounts are considered new. For the accounts that worked, were they older than 8 years?

Both of my Apple IDs are from 2008 (possibly even earlier); I wonder if these accounts are considered new. For the accounts that worked, were they older than 8 years?
I think my older Apple ID is as old as yours. It was created on 2008 on my first iPhone and later used for years on a MacBook Pro (the first unibody model 2009 I think).
If your Apple ID is not working, maybe there are other variables on this story. Blacklists???? Different servers used to check security? Ip address blacklists?

I think my older Apple ID is as old as yours. It was created on 2008 on my first iPhone and later used for years on a MacBook Pro (the first unibody model 2009 I think).
If your Apple ID is not working, maybe there are other variables on this story. Blacklists???? Different servers used to check security? Ip address blacklists?

I'll probably give it a whirl one more time before either giving up or giving in to calling that customer support number. My two IDs work fine on my real iMac and real Macbook Pro, as well as on several iPads and iPhone. Both have CC's attached to them, too.

It is still a mystery to me whether anything else beyond the serial number and motherboard number need to be correct. iMessageDebug2 shows no issues upon reboots when I use Clover's magic wand to generate serial numbers; running diff on different instances of iMessageDebug showed nothing changed. At first all of my attempts used the default iMac12,1 profile pulled from Clover's magic wand; but they were all profiles for Core i5 models, whereas my CPU is an i3-2120.

I even went as far as changing the S/N to match C02XXYYYDKL9 where DKL9 refers specifically to the educational model iMac12,1 that sports the i3-2100 CPU (an "almost perfect" match), with XX and YYY generated by Clover. However, everything else (e.g. ROM revision, etc) on the same "magic wand" screen was pulled from the generic iMac12,1 profile that comes with Clover (which are for Core i5's). Could this possibly be a cause for conflicts?

Perhaps I should also try to see if the other profiles (e.g. iMac13,1) give anything positive.

I'll probably give it a whirl one more time before either giving up or giving in to calling that customer support number. My two IDs work fine on my real iMac and real Macbook Pro, as well as on several iPads and iPhone. Both have CC's attached to them, too.

It is still a mystery to me whether anything else beyond the serial number and motherboard number need to be correct. iMessageDebug2 shows no issues upon reboots when I use Clover's magic wand to generate serial numbers; running diff on different instances of iMessageDebug showed nothing changed. At first all of my attempts used the default iMac12,1 profile pulled from Clover's magic wand; but they were all profiles for Core i5 models, whereas my CPU is an i3-2120.

I even went as far as changing the S/N to match C02XXYYYDKL9 where DKL9 refers specifically to the educational model iMac12,1 that sports the i3-2100 CPU (an "almost perfect" match), with XX and YYY generated by Clover. However, everything else (e.g. ROM revision, etc) on the same "magic wand" screen was pulled from the generic iMac12,1 profile that comes with Clover (which are for Core i5's). Could this possibly be a cause for conflicts?

Perhaps I should also try to see if the other profiles (e.g. iMac13,1) give anything positive.

My friend your case is not unique by any means, the forum is filled with just as many failures as successes concerning connecting to iMsg/F-Time. The fact that you can connect with your other genuine Apple devices proves that neither your IP address or ID is blocked, the difference being, your hack is cobbled together by you or a windows machine pretending to be a Mac.

It would be very naive of us to think that Apple cannot discern what type of machine is connected to their servers. The million dollar question is, why some of us can achieve connection with ease and some can't even though all the necessary steps has been carefully followed. The difficulty seems to have started around the last few OS X upgrades. I have a layman's theory on the subject that Ive mentioned previously - The fact that one can change not only the specs but the Mac model on a hack when ever by swopping out parts more easily than say a genuine Mac which has it's values burnt into the motherboard at the manufacturing stage whereas on a hack we inject our values by running a few scripts is probably deemed as a security headache.

But why block some hacks and not all and why allow the same hacks on other Services i.e iTunes and App Store but not iMsg/F-Time? Well the answer to that could be the security breach they suffered a while back also not to mention the cloning fiasco.
Only Apple has the answers to the fore mentioned, the only fact that I have noticed, if your machine gives you the dreaded Call Customer Services with a code message, then there is not a lot you can do to get around that situation. Changing Mac model, serial numbers etc etc will not alter the situation apart from bombarding Apple servers with countless logon failures and clogging your hack with useless data.

I have always try to maintain the same injected values whenever I have to do a complete reinstall which I prefer to do whenever there is a major Apple Update (after all genuine Macs maintain their values for the life of the machine), that way I don't have any issues reconnecting to iMessage/F-Time and I have two rigs both without problems even the one I use as a test rig.

My friend your case is not unique by any means, the forum is filled with just as many failures as successes concerning connecting to iMsg/F-Time. The fact that you can connect with your other genuine Apple devices proves that neither your IP address or ID is blocked, the difference being, your hack is cobbled together by you or a windows machine pretending to be a Mac.

It would be very naive of us to think that Apple cannot discern what type of machine is connected to their servers. The million dollar question is, why some of us can achieve connection with ease and some can't even though all the necessary steps has been carefully followed. The difficulty seems to have started around the last few OS X upgrades. I have a layman's theory on the subject that Ive mentioned previously - The fact that one can change not only the specs but the Mac model on a hack when ever by swopping out parts more easily than say a genuine Mac which has it's values burnt into the motherboard at the manufacturing stage whereas on a hack we inject our values by running a few scripts is probably deemed as a security headache.

But why block some hacks and not all and why allow the same hacks on other Services i.e iTunes and App Store but not iMsg/F-Time? Well the answer to that could be the security breach they suffered a while back also not to mention the cloning fiasco.
Only Apple has the answers to the fore mentioned, the only fact that I have noticed, if your machine gives you the dreaded Call Customer Services with a code message, then there is not a lot you can do to get around that situation. Changing Mac model, serial numbers etc etc will not alter the situation apart from bombarding Apple servers with countless logon failures and clogging your hack with useless data.

I have always try to maintain the same injected values whenever I have to do a complete reinstall which I prefer to do whenever there is a major Apple Update (after all genuine Macs maintain their values for the life of the machine), that way I don't have any issues reconnecting to iMessage/F-Time and I have two rigs both without problems even the one I use as a test rig.
Have you tried to login imessage using a new apple id?

Have you tried to login imessage using a new apple id?

Not really, I am not in the habit of creating multiple ID's for the same application but my wife's is fairly new compared to my own so I will get her to try hers later and post the results good or bad.

Back