Contribute
Register
Ok - got the wife to sign on in the Guest Account, she had to jump through a few long winded security hoops (Two step verification) also verify on her iPad that her ID is being used on an iMac etc etc but was abled to logon to iMsg/F-Time and send a test msg to my iPhone.

I follow the guide " an idiots guide to iMessage " and set up everything. When starting iMessage with the Apple ID and password, clicking "Sngg in", it just stay there and not proceed. When logging in "Account", it shows "An error occured durung authentication". How to fix it? Thanks

tl;dr: I can sign in just fine but can only send messages via Messages service every other day.

Hi, all. I have a perfectly functional Hackintosh with a Mac Pro 6,1 profile ... perfectly functional except for Messages. I can sign into Messages just fine and receive messages with no problem (though I suspect it's more that it's syncing the messages between my iPhone 7 and my Hack). Everything about my serial numbers and IDs is stable from reboot to reboot and the serial number itself isn't in Apple's database, and, as I said, I have no trouble at all signing in ever. I even tried switching to a different (verified-not-Apple-DB-present) serial number to no avail. iMessageDebug 2 shows all fields are populated with good-looking data that stays the same across reboots as well.

Here's the weird part: I can send messages just fine via Messages service (vs. SMS) every other day. Literally every other day it won't send all day, no matter how many times I go through the magic rituals outlined here and other places (including signing out of the Hack and all iOS devices, then back in, restarting, etc.). Then every other-other day it works perfectly fine to send via Messages service without my having to do anything at all.

When I first started noticing this pattern I thought it was coincidence so I started tracking it for the past 8 days. It's been consistent: a full day of working just fine, then a full day of not being able to send via Messages service. I don't know if it resets at a particular time as I'm 38 and need my beauty sleep. ;-) I have a sneaking suspicion it will start (or stop) working again after midnight PST. This leads me to wonder if it's Apple issuing a 24 hour ban. This is why I tried switching to another serial number.

Has anyone faced anything similar? Any ideas?

I follow the guide " an idiots guide to iMessage " and set up everything. When starting iMessage with the Apple ID and password, clicking "Sngg in", it just stay there and not proceed. When logging in "Account", it shows "An error occured durung authentication". How to fix it? Thanks

If you are getting 'An error occurred during authentication' then there is something wrong with your settings. Check that your ethernet is registered as en0, also run iMessageDeBugger and check your injected values.

tl;dr: I can sign in just fine but can only send messages via Messages service every other day.

Hi, all. I have a perfectly functional Hackintosh with a Mac Pro 6,1 profile ... perfectly functional except for Messages. I can sign into Messages just fine and receive messages with no problem (though I suspect it's more that it's syncing the messages between my iPhone 7 and my Hack). Everything about my serial numbers and IDs is stable from reboot to reboot and the serial number itself isn't in Apple's database, and, as I said, I have no trouble at all signing in ever. I even tried switching to a different (verified-not-Apple-DB-present) serial number to no avail. iMessageDebug 2 shows all fields are populated with good-looking data that stays the same across reboots as well.

Here's the weird part: I can send messages just fine via Messages service (vs. SMS) every other day. Literally every other day it won't send all day, no matter how many times I go through the magic rituals outlined here and other places (including signing out of the Hack and all iOS devices, then back in, restarting, etc.). Then every other-other day it works perfectly fine to send via Messages service without my having to do anything at all.

When I first started noticing this pattern I thought it was coincidence so I started tracking it for the past 8 days. It's been consistent: a full day of working just fine, then a full day of not being able to send via Messages service. I don't know if it resets at a particular time as I'm 38 and need my beauty sleep. ;-) I have a sneaking suspicion it will start (or stop) working again after midnight PST. This leads me to wonder if it's Apple issuing a 24 hour ban. This is why I tried switching to another serial number.

Has anyone faced anything similar? Any ideas?

That is indeed a peculiar one that I have never encountered or heard of, there is no rhyme or reason why it should work one day and not the next, I am somehow leaning towards your modem or internet connection. Check that your modem is not switching channels independently and your IP address is static.

That is indeed a peculiar one that I have never encountered or heard of, there is no rhyme or reason why it should work one day and not the next, I am somehow leaning towards your modem or internet connection. Check that your modem is not switching channels independently and your IP address is static.

(sorry for that previous reply - I thought your response was to my post)

This is what is so strange to me - everything is based on Ethernet 0 (the only active one - I have 2 ethernet ports and a WiFi card) and logs me in just fine. iMessageDebug shows a stable set of keys across each reboot. Mystifying.

What do I do if I called Apple and they removed the block on my Apple ID, but I'm still getting the same "call support with this Customer Code" error? Same Customer Code, too. :|

I ran through the iDiot's guide, and at the end got the "call Apple" error. So I called them, it went simply enough, and they said they'd removed the block (which seems legit, since after ALL my other Apple devices pinged to say they were using iMessage again). But this guy still throws the same error.

Should I re-run through the iDiot's guide (obviously using my same, generated SN)? Do I try with a new one (that seems like a potentially bad idea)? I haven't found anything online that talks about getting through the call and still being stuck.

Back