Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s, 658341-001
CPU
Intel Core i3 (2nd Generation)
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mobile Phone
iOS
My serial number doesn't match with the serial number found on my iCloud account, is that an issue?

LE: solved this but the problem persists

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M DS3H
CPU
2.8GHz Intel Core i5-8400
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Annoyingly, I am able to iMessage *some* contacts (who have Apple devices) but others it forces me to send SMS...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M DS3H
CPU
2.8GHz Intel Core i5-8400
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey,

I just followed the "an-idiots-guide-to-imessage" and I receive this error:

"You cannot sign in to iMessage on this Mac at this time" and it gives me a customer code.
Is there something I can do?

Btw, I'm using 10.12.3 if it matters and I checked even the network services order.
At that point you must contact the support by phone. Did you already do that?

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mobile Phone
iOS
Haven't tried that yet, some people on other websites say that it happens from time to time to be "discovered" (due to non existent S/N in their database) by the apple support that you don't have a real macbook.

Should this work with a new apple ID account?

CPU
i7-4500U
Graphics
Intel HD4400
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I followed this guide but it doesnt work on my Dell 7537 with macOS Sierra 10.2.3 ... imessagedebug.txt is the same with the terminal output after restart, serial number verified on both sites and its ok(invalid on apple, good on everymac), simpleMLB.sh works...so i dont why i cant use iMessage on my Hackintosh...no errors show after login. Entered email&password and nothing happens. Can you help me?

PS: Now i got this error

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm in the same situation clau30, somebody told me that they changed some security processes and this is the reason why more and more people are coming to this.

New Hackintosh build here. Ethernet is set to en0. iMessage debug does not show any null or failed statements. Tried to sign in with an iCloud account being used since iPhone 4s came out. Got the customer code. Called in to let Apple register it. However, the same customer code still comes up. I restarted the computer several times and even shut it down for a few days but same customer code still pops up. I followed every step of the idiots guide and also injected Clover 64variable that was mentioned a few pages back. Very sad I can't get this to work so far but will keep trying. Any tips would be really appreciated but it seems like I am one of many that are having issues this year.

Sniki

Motherboard
Lenovo V330 - 15IKB
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620 /1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
New Hackintosh build here. Ethernet is set to en0. iMessage debug does not show any null or failed statements. Tried to sign in with an iCloud account being used since iPhone 4s came out. Got the customer code. Called in to let Apple register it. However, the same customer code still comes up. I restarted the computer several times and even shut it down for a few days but same customer code still pops up. I followed every step of the idiots guide and also injected Clover 64variable that was mentioned a few pages back. Very sad I can't get this to work so far but will keep trying. Any tips would be really appreciated but it seems like I am one of many that are having issues this year.
Everything is correctly configured,my father apple ID and my Sister Apple ID worked on first try,it just send a code to allow iMessage/Apple ID to *this mac* on their iPhones and no problem,but none of my 3 apple id`s worked.
Called them 2 days ago,he said ok i registered your apple id man,you can go home now and enjoy your imessage and facetime.
i told him i have same problem with two of my other apple ID`s and have some purchases on the others,i gaved them the others and their customer codes.
He said that 3 of them should work now without a problem.
it`s been two days,still same customer codes,feels like it signed in for 2-5 sec then customer code pops up.

Unfortunately i don`t have an iPhone,my wife,father and two sisters have iPhones but i think setting up keychain or those two step verifications through trusted devices might make it work but you know how pain it is to backup all content on an iphone for just me to get my account on one of them to make iMessage work (if it does work) and then restore all the stuff back.

Im waiting for a response from someone who has an idea and hopefully a fix for this,atleast it makes me feel better and give hope when i know that im not alone.

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm using iMessages with my iPhone without any problem, so.. as long as this works I think it should work on my laptop too, maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow.