Contribute
Register
There's no real need to remove them - by ticking the 'Trust' box I think it has something to do with the NVRAM retaining one part of the machine's info or credentials but I am not 100% certain but it is important. Someone else hopefully with more knowledge will enlighten us both on the subject.

As per the Clover Wiki :
Trust
<key>Trust</key>
<true/>
Used to give priority to memory descriptor values found in SMBIOS or SPD. Change if your memory is described incorrectly in Mac. Default is <true/>.

Unlikely to influence your iMessage operation but good practice to use it.

@ pmdcoleslaw - Although I've always said there's not much one can do about a machine throwing up a Code, I've had a bit of a think, there is no guarantee this will work. Sign the Hack out of all Apple Services i.e App Store, iTunes and iCloud and remove the device from your account. Go to the iMsg folder as described in the Guide and remove the files as directed. Make a note of your current MLB value (in case you want to put it back) now delete it. Generate a new MLB value with the Script I have attached, Open 'Terminal', unzip the Script and drag into terminal and hit Return this will give you a 17 character value (Make a note of the value for comparison later), copy this to your config.plist (copy in Clover Configurator) save the changes.

Reboot the machine, don't try to log into iMsg/F-Time just yet. Open Safari, log into web base iCloud account and make a subtle change to your Apple ID by adding another character or changing one letter to a Capital etc etc (please make a note of new ID as you will need it as this will also affect your ID on your phone). Run iMsgDeBugger to insure the new injected value is as was generated, if all looks as expected, log into App Store, iTunes and iCloud and stay logged in. Reboot the Hack and try to log into iMsg/F-Time. Here's to hoping, Good luck.

Attachments

• simpleMLB 2.sh.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 94
@ pmdcoleslaw - Although I've always said there's not much one can do about a machine throwing up a Code, I've had a bit of a think, there is no guarantee this will work. Sign the Hack out of all Apple Services i.e App Store, iTunes and iCloud and remove the device from your account. Go to the iMsg folder as described in the Guide and remove the files as directed. Make a note of your current MLB value (in case you want to put it back) now delete it. Generate a new MLB value with the Script I have attached, Open 'Terminal', unzip the Script and drag into terminal and hit Return this will give you a 17 character value (Make a note of the value for comparison later), copy this to your config.plist (copy in Clover Configurator) save the changes.

Reboot the machine, don't try to log into iMsg/F-Time just yet. Open Safari, log into web base iCloud account and make a subtle change to your Apple ID by adding another character or changing one letter to a Capital etc etc (please make a note of new ID as you will need it as this will also affect your ID on your phone). Run iMsgDeBugger to insure the new injected value is as was generated, if all looks as expected, log into App Store, iTunes and iCloud and stay logged in. Reboot the Hack and try to log into iMsg/F-Time. Here's to hoping, Good luck.

hello there

how can one change Apple ID? I do not see any option of changing it, under apple id

me too I keep getting customer code... contacted even apple and they agreed to help me regardless that I had no valid serial number . I have even sent the pin for assistance generated from Apple ID site (bottom of page), the lady told me that iMessage should work... but it did not, told me tor reboot ... have rebooted but still no working iMessage .

I installed new system created new Apple ID still not being able to get it work.

used clover v4049. used Macgen-master for mlb , used simpleMLB 2 for mlb

still not working

I have a hp 840 g2 broad well i5 5200u 256 ssd 16 gb ram

allso used Mac 12.1 as product name/serial number

question when using uuidgen got a generated smuid should the last 12 digits match the Mac 0 adress or not , or is it enough to Rt Variables > ROM > UseMacAddr0? - seen somewhere that ROM should be with capitals but in my debug it is with small caps.

did this as per guide that I understood> created serial with clover multiple time shake buttons pushed > created with. uuidgen command in terminal> Rt Variables > use Mac address 0 as ROM> save > reboot > create MLB using Macgen-master or simpleMLB 2 > save > reboot > connect to iCloud (prior to this no devices where in my count , and deleted the files as per guide) and voila no working iMessage . the values sticks between reboots. using clover efi to boot up .

should I try to write new lan address to eprom ? or just give up ...

any help would be great.

Last edited:

tried this but it din not work, eventhou did not manage to change Apple ID .... guess this is to foul servers as new id and new board ... but did not worked with new apple id as well

hello there

how can one change Apple ID? I do not see any option of changing it, under apple id

me too I keep getting customer code... contacted even apple and they agreed to help me regardless that I had no valid serial number . I have even sent the pin for assistance generated from Apple ID site (bottom of page), the lady told me that iMessage should work... but it did not, told me tor reboot ... have rebooted but still no working iMessage .

I installed new system created new Apple ID still not being able to get it work.

used clover v4049. used Macgen-master for mlb , used simpleMLB 2 for mlb

still not working

I have a hp 840 g2 broad well i5 5200u 256 ssd 16 gb ram

allso used Mac 12.1 as product name/serial number

question when using uuidgen got a generated smuid should the last 12 digits match the Mac 0 adress or not , or is it enough to Rt Variables > ROM > UseMacAddr0? - seen somewhere that ROM should be with capitals but in my debug it is with small caps.

did this as per guide that I understood> created serial with clover multiple time shake buttons pushed > created with. uuidgen command in terminal> Rt Variables > use Mac address 0 as ROM> save > reboot > create MLB using Macgen-master or simpleMLB 2 > save > reboot > connect to iCloud (prior to this no devices where in my count , and deleted the files as per guide) and voila no working iMessage . the values sticks between reboots. using clover efi to boot up .

should I try to write new lan address to eprom ? or just give up ...

any help would be great.

You really should should read through the 'iDIOT'S GUIDE' throughly because the above question (in italic) shows you haven't grasp or understand what is needed.

You really should should read through the 'iDIOT'S GUIDE' throughly because the above question (in italic) shows you haven't grasp or understand what is needed.

if you can please advise and do not point me to were I ve been and done . this is supposed to help.

so here is a post #6524 were a user is asking the same thing about usemacaddr0 or the last 12 digits from smuuid as ROM. so my question still is: do I use macaddr0 as ROM or the last 12 digits from the generated smuuid using uuidgen command in terminal?

found this https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/ , so the info on making it work is indeed different .

could not found the link to the one that says we should use ROM with all capitals *meaning the letters from the 12 digits . example dc32a2a3a3a3 as I get it in debug, should be DC32A2A3A3A3 as ROM. *this is an example not a real ROM

I have attached my network details Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 9.08.00 PM.png, is there something wrong? guess not but it drives me crazy not being able to connect to iMessage .

thank you for any suggestion

if you can please advise and do not point me to were I ve been and done . this is supposed to help.

so here is a post #6524 were a user is asking the same thing about usemacaddr0 or the last 12 digits from smuuid as ROM. so my question still is: do I use macaddr0 as ROM or the last 12 digits from the generated smuuid using uuidgen command in terminal?

found this https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/ , so the info on making it work is indeed different .

could not found the link to the one that says we should use ROM with all capitals *meaning the letters from the 12 digits . example dc32a2a3a3a3 as I get it in debug, should be DC32A2A3A3A3 as ROM. *this is an example not a real ROM

I have attached my network details View attachment 248984, is there something wrong? guess not but it drives me crazy not being able to connect to iMessage .

thank you for any suggestion

Ok - Lets start with the basic considering everything is setup correct:-
1. Check that your Ethernet is registered as en0
2. In Clover Configurator UseMacAddr0 as ROM (save to config.plist).
3. Run UUIDGEN in 'Terminal' at least 6 times to give you a unique SmUUID value, copy and paste this value in Clover Configurator -> 'SMBIOS' box.
4. Down the MLB generator script from a few posts back, follow the instruction how to use. This will give you a 17 character value, copy this to your config.plist with Clover Configurator save and exit.
5. Reboot, run iMessageDeBugger and check the injected values, if in doubt post the results so we can have a look and try to assist with the problem.

I fear you may have cluttered your system with so much junk data after so many retries, this may have antagonise your problem further but lets see what result we get with the above steps. I really don't see why the 'Idiot Guide' didn't offer up the solutions to your queries. Good luck.

IMPORTANT - It would help greatly if you list your machine's Specs in your profile as per the Forum Rules - No one knows what you're trying to install iMsg/F-Time on.

Ok - Lets start with the basic considering everything is setup correct:-
1. Check that your Ethernet is registered as en0
2. In Clover Configurator UseMacAddr0 as ROM (save to config.plist).
3. Run UUIDGEN in 'Terminal' at least 6 times to give you a unique SmUUID value, copy and paste this value in Clover Configurator -> 'SMBIOS' box.
4. Down the MLB generator script from a few posts back, follow the instruction how to use. This will give you a 17 character value, copy this to your config.plist with Clover Configurator save and exit.
5. Reboot, run iMessageDeBugger and check the injected values, if in doubt post the results so we can have a look and try to assist with the problem.

I fear you may have cluttered your system with so much junk data after so many retries, this may have antagonise your problem further but lets see what result we get with the above steps. I really don't see why the 'Idiot Guide' didn't offer up the solutions to your queries. Good luck.

IMPORTANT - It would help greatly if you list your machine's Specs in your profile as per the Forum Rules - No one knows what you're trying to install iMsg/F-Time on.
hello, thank you for your time

i did all you stated but no luck

tried this tutorial too :http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/320946-cant-get-imessagefacetime-to-work/

but no luck

as you can see in mu acreenshot ethernet is as en0

wich mlb script you sugest to use?

Back