Contribute
Register
Receive this message ,, error during activation, try again later.
I changed the MLB 17-13 and Rom random digits. Now iMessage and Facetime function without phoning Apple

To repeat Draven's question - What 4 characters did you remove from your MLB to get Signed-In without the need to call Apple, we've read Mattystonnie's example and success and since you have done likewise, we need to ascertain if this is what we have to do to get things working again. If that is the pattern then we might be on the right track to solving the lock out. Please give an example without giving away your working ROM and MLB of course.

I see. And do you feel that calling Apple with a totally fake serial number, is a safe and fair thing to do in terms of not only the Hackintosh community, but from a legal standpoint?

I mean, I realize that building a Hackintosh isn't exactly the most, "on the level" option, but to me, knowingly calling a multi-million dollar company, who has a vested interest in protecting their product, and knowingly providing false information designed to cheat their system, seems, well.....a tad risky...to say the least.

You of course are free to do whatever you like, but I personally feel that choices like this are what is going to bring down the Hackintosh community. I think when you call and lie directly to the face of the company, you put all of us at risk. Best case, we lose access to our Hachintoshs', worse case, Apple takes steps to weed out fake serial numbers, and terrible case, Apple uses all the identifiable information we knowingly hand over to them to track down made up serial numbers, and sue the living pants off us.

Look, I get that there are those of you that want these things working at any cost, and I know there are those of you that think that I am being overly dramatic, but let's not forget what we are doing here. Every day we are essentially pirating software, and installing it on hardware that is against the user agreement. Perhaps we tend to forget the seriousness of this from a moral/legal standpoint.

Now, I'm not trying to stand on a pedestal and preach morals, I'm simply saying there needs to be a bit of common sense when dealing with these issues. Any action that directly lies to Apple, and/or creates a investigatable paper trail, is in my opinion a terrible choice. Have some patience, and allow the people working on this to do their thing in a way that doesn't out all of us at risk. I know some of you might think you're helping, but I really think you're doing more harm than good.

Anyway, I've said this a few times in this thread, and I don't think I need to say anymore. I just hope that anyone reading this takes a few moments and considers their actions before making choice that could affect us all. iMessage is not worth losing the ability to build Hackintosh computers, and is certainly isn't worth being sued over.

Whose pirating software? I've paid for OSX when it wasn't free. Against EULA? Sure but pirate? Nope.

as i suggested in guide i used Network card's MAC ID for ROM and For the MLB value use your OSX S/N + random alpha/numeric values to make 17 digits long.

also assemble a valid S/N which is not in apple's record
after a long troubleshooting i got this stable window
View attachment 116509

then i called apple customer care , after discussion he said that they have released lock for my apple ID for corresponding customer code and tried to re login. but after half an hour troubleshooting i disconnect call saying that iMessage and FaceTime works:crazy: though it was not. To avoid any risk i said that. i have followed all steps as it is but still getting same customer code:yawn:. i m trying this for last 15days n now totally frustrated :banghead:.

i also switched to clover successfully but still no luck with iMessage and FaceTime. today i observed log as follows:
View attachment 116507

plz help.....

There is a problem affecting all (well 99%) of hackintosh users right now. Just wait for the fix

Finally someone smart here that is using the 13 MLB like i always said!!! my imessage is still working with no problem and i can signoff and signin.

Did you have to call apple to unlock after you changed to a 13 MLB? I tried it but got the call apple message.

I changed to 13 digits MLB and ROM at random and it has worked smoothly iMessage and Facetime.
Sorry for my English,,, live in Spain

Did you have to call apple to unlock after you changed to a 13 MLB? I tried it but got the call apple message.

I am running into imessage problems after having it work great for 3 weeks. I haven't read this post while my imessage has been working, but will read through after I post this message.

Imessage for some reason signed me out, then when I try to sign back in it gives me the 12 digit code to call Apple. I checked all my values using Imessage debug and they were all the same. The imac version under devices in finder changed from Imac 2 to Imac 4, not sure if that has any impact. I called Apple and had the rep take the block off, but this time it did not let me sign in. Then she escalated it to a senior advisor who of course wanted to do a screen share and that's where I said I was busy and will call back. What are my options and are other people having success or failure with Imessage. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 10.13.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 10.13.33 AM.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 614
I am running into imessage problems after having it work great for 3 weeks. I haven't read this post while my imessage has been working, but will read through after I post this message.

Imessage for some reason signed me out, then when I try to sign back in it gives me the 12 digit code to call Apple. I checked all my values using Imessage debug and they were all the same. The imac version under devices in finder changed from Imac 2 to Imac 4, not sure if that has any impact. I called Apple and had the rep take the block off, but this time it did not let me sign in. Then she escalated it to a senior advisor who of course wanted to do a screen share and that's where I said I was busy and will call back. What are my options and are other people having success or failure with Imessage. Thanks.

People, please read first before calling Apple. It's in the very first page of this post.

Eeek, I see why some persons would be not exactly happy with my actions but please let me explain my side of the story.

I did not intentionally set out to deceive Apple, or even prompt them to add my Serial number to their database. Phone support in the UK, can get you mixed results. I got the iMessage error a few months ago when I was using Chimera, and the second time I called them, they wouldn't budge on asking for a serial number, I dutifully explained they would not find it on their system and that this was not an issue or related to iMessage in any way, but they asked so i gave them my serial number, the unlocked my iMessage from their end and I was good to go. Then they asked if they could screen share to double check my serial number, I could have made an excuse, but thought this might seem even more suspicious, so I let them. I did not ask them to verify, they said it would help them, help me on future calls, and put on the spot like that I made a decision. It was not until a couple months later while checking my serial number for uniqueness that I realized they had added it to their database and my apple ID.

What's done is done, and I could easily go on using an alternate fake serial number, but dont see the point as they now have a record of me owning an iMac.

This was ALL done months ago, I only shared, because I always share my Hackintosh experience, so someone else may learn from my "mistakes". I would not encourage anyone to intentionally mislead support personal trying to help them, and as I said I did not set out for this to happen.

If it matters, the Intel i3-3225 was only used in 21.5" iMacs produced for and sold for educational purposes. I have read you should make your system definition, as close as possible to the real thing, so I created a random serial number and used the system definition to match my hardware and this "story" as close as possible.

Again this was ALL done months ago, I had no plan to get my serial number added to their database, and was just following the guidelines.

As far as being patient and awaiting a "fix" from the community. It's all relative in my opinion. Tell that to someone with a Hackintosh that has not had iMessage or Facetime working for more than a couple days.

Having iMessage and Facetime working for me is a huge deal breaker as most of my family and friends are international and most own an Apple device, which makes iMessage and Facetime an easy and cost effective communication tool. I spend most of my time at home in front of my Hack and like sending/reciveing iMessages, SMS, Voice calls, and Facetime calls from my chair.

This wont matter in the long run, as I am sure I will be logged out of iMessage and Facetime very shortly and will be stuck like everyone else. Just bought a SSD and don't dare build a new system until I see how this all works out.

Spang1974

Go to System Preferences > Energy Saver and uncheck the box "Wake for Ethernet network access" then reset your computer name in Sharing. Your computer is getting a new name due to a Bonjour issue on the local network, it's a bug that needs fixed.

Back