Contribute
Register
I hope this gets fixed, its like apart of my project is on hold :banghead:

Touch wood, but no problem with my iMessage so far. I phoned Apple three weeks ago after a serial number, MLB and ROM change on a fresh Yosemite install and no trouble since then.

Maybe. Have you tried DarwinDumper, https://bitbucket.org/blackosx/darwindumper.
Alternatively, you could try creating a Lion USB installer and see if the ROM/MLB value exist, see http://diskmakerx.com/whats-this/

Thanks for the hint. But I think the problem is really that the values don't exist within nvram. I couldn't find them, by neither using DarwinDumper nor by checking the nvram content by entering 'nvram -x -p' in terminal.

See as well:

h2o-server:~ h2oserver$ nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM
nvram: Error getting variable - '4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM': (iokit/common) data was not found
h2o-server:~ h2oserver$ nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM
nvram: Error getting variable - '4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM': (iokit/common) data was not found

as i suggested in guide i used Network card's MAC ID for ROM and For the MLB value use your OSX S/N + random alpha/numeric values to make 17 digits long.

also assemble a valid S/N which is not in apple's record
after a long troubleshooting i got this stable window
Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 3.24.30 AM.png

then i called apple customer care , after discussion he said that they have released lock for my apple ID for corresponding customer code and tried to re login. but after half an hour troubleshooting i disconnect call saying that iMessage and FaceTime works:crazy: though it was not. To avoid any risk i said that. i have followed all steps as it is but still getting same customer code:yawn:. i m trying this for last 15days n now totally frustrated :banghead:.

i also switched to clover successfully but still no luck with iMessage and FaceTime. today i observed log as follows:
Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 3.03.29 AM.png

plz help.....

I actually got Apple to add my unique S/N to their database, so will be interested to see if my MLB was also added to their database or legitimised as well by proxy somehow?

Still logged in at the moment so will find out soon enough I am sure.

Spang1974

I actually got Apple to add my unique S/N to their database, so will be interested to see if my MLB was also added to their database or legitimised as well by proxy somehow?

Still logged in at the moment so will find out soon enough I am sure.

Spang1974

Was this a legit S/N, or one you made up/found?

Was this a legit S/N, or one you made up/found?

Totally unique and made up. I used it on a call once, they couldn't find a record of it, I told them I bought the iMac second hand from a school, they guessed it may have had a logic board replaced at some point that wasn't recorded properly. They logged into my desktop, double checked the Serial Number and added it to their database:)

Before this call, the number was not recognised by their website, now it shows up, it also appears alongside my apple ID on the service and support page now.

Spang1974

Totally unique and made up. I used it on a call once, they couldn't find a record of it, I told them I bought the iMac second hand from a school, they guessed it may have had a logic board replaced at some point that wasn't recorded properly. They logged into my desktop, double checked the Serial Number and added it to their database:)

Before this call, the number was not recognised by their website, now it shows up, it also appears alongside my apple ID on the service and support page now.

Spang1974

I see. And do you feel that calling Apple with a totally fake serial number, is a safe and fair thing to do in terms of not only the Hackintosh community, but from a legal standpoint?

I mean, I realize that building a Hackintosh isn't exactly the most, "on the level" option, but to me, knowingly calling a multi-million dollar company, who has a vested interest in protecting their product, and knowingly providing false information designed to cheat their system, seems, well.....a tad risky...to say the least.

You of course are free to do whatever you like, but I personally feel that choices like this are what is going to bring down the Hackintosh community. I think when you call and lie directly to the face of the company, you put all of us at risk. Best case, we lose access to our Hachintoshs', worse case, Apple takes steps to weed out fake serial numbers, and terrible case, Apple uses all the identifiable information we knowingly hand over to them to track down made up serial numbers, and sue the living pants off us.

Look, I get that there are those of you that want these things working at any cost, and I know there are those of you that think that I am being overly dramatic, but let's not forget what we are doing here. Every day we are essentially pirating software, and installing it on hardware that is against the user agreement. Perhaps we tend to forget the seriousness of this from a moral/legal standpoint.

Now, I'm not trying to stand on a pedestal and preach morals, I'm simply saying there needs to be a bit of common sense when dealing with these issues. Any action that directly lies to Apple, and/or creates a investigatable paper trail, is in my opinion a terrible choice. Have some patience, and allow the people working on this to do their thing in a way that doesn't out all of us at risk. I know some of you might think you're helping, but I really think you're doing more harm than good.

Anyway, I've said this a few times in this thread, and I don't think I need to say anymore. I just hope that anyone reading this takes a few moments and considers their actions before making choice that could affect us all. iMessage is not worth losing the ability to build Hackintosh computers, and is certainly isn't worth being sued over.

Back