Contribute
Register
I followed the guide here, word for word, and it worked perfectly for me. The most important thing to watch out for is that the ROM and MLB values stay the same after each boot, and that you have a valid serial number.

I get the feeling that the reason why so many people are having trouble is that the process is long and complex, so that a lot of people miss something along the way.

The problem I had was that my Apple ID was blocked from iMessage due to too many previous activation attempts. I ended up calling Apple Support, and after about 40 minutes on the phone, it was fixed. Now iMessage/FaceTime work perfectly for me, and I can log in and out as much as I like without issue.

If you're having trouble, go back to the guide and start from the beginning. Read very carefully, as there are lots of little things that are important. Don't give up and hopefully you'll succeed :)

Here's what I did just to give it a try.
1. created a new user in my hackintosh
2. created new Apple ID during log in with new user (so I hope to keep mine safe)
3. Got into clover configuration and injected new sn, same model, etc. Shut down, and on again
4. Used clover configurator to calculate ROM and MLB
5. Infected Those values and just took 4 numbers out from the middle of MLB.
6. Shut down ant start again.
7. Started iMessage, automatically logged in. Was able to send some iMessages to friends and were received.

What I'll do next is try changing all the info in my original account as it was a new Mac. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

1) So with your newly created Apple ID you can login iMessage without calling Apple right?
2) During you perform all steps above you always on line the internet right?
3) What if I play safe I disconnect the internet, create new Apple ID via apple web on other pc and uses it in hack, Do you think it will work?

I have a new hope:thumbup:
thanks

Yes, I think it should work. I tried using my actual apple ID with the new S/N, ROM and MLB values and got the call apple with a code message. I'll call tomorrow and give it a try; I haven't called apple at all in these past days, so I guess, the new values I got helped me sign in with a new apple id, then they should be valid, I just have to unlock my actual apple ID with those new MLB values. I'm sure that Jay has already figured this out, but it's probably working in a more solid solution.

1) So with your newly created Apple ID you can login iMessage without calling Apple right?
2) During you perform all steps above you always on line the internet right?
3) What if I play safe I disconnect the internet, create new Apple ID via apple web on other pc and uses it in hack, Do you think it will work?

I have a new hope:thumbup:
thanks

Acutally i disconnected my computer from the network after I created the new account in my computer and new apple Id. I connected again right before giving iMessage a try.
I'll update the steps.

I followed the guide here, word for word, and it worked perfectly for me. The most important thing to watch out for is that the ROM and MLB values stay the same after each boot, and that you have a valid serial number.

I get the feeling that the reason why so many people are having trouble is that the process is long and complex, so that a lot of people miss something along the way.

The problem I had was that my Apple ID was blocked from iMessage due to too many previous activation attempts. I ended up calling Apple Support, and after about 40 minutes on the phone, it was fixed. Now iMessage/FaceTime work perfectly for me, and I can log in and out as much as I like without issue.

If you're having trouble, go back to the guide and start from the beginning. Read very carefully, as there are lots of little things that are important. Don't give up and hopefully you'll succeed :)

How many characters is your MLB?
Why did it take Apple 40 minutes? What were they saying the problem was? What kind of questions did they ask?

Doesn't make sense that the normal method still works. We all had it working until recently.

With the increasing stories of success, perhaps we were too quick to assume Apple had started tightening up security. Maybe it was just a problem at their end which they have now sorted.

It would be interesting to see if the removing 4 numbers from MLB is just a coincidence or is required now?

Answers
1) Yes.

2)Possibly, you would be risking Apple banning them, but if it's just the two you mentioned, it might be ok.

3)No, they will have to remain there.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Crazylegsmurphy: The reason why I asked these questions were to gain some knowledge. I didn't say I would do it. I plan on replacing the MacBook Pro I sold a couple of months ago with a new machine once the 2015 MBP is released. My girlfriend has a MacBook Air which I use sometimes, so this machine was an experiment, and I'm going to use it as a server once I get another laptop.

This is what i'm finding hard to fathom and would like clarification from the people that claim removing 4 characters work. The method of taking 4 numbers from the 17 character MLB to make 13 - My MLB is made up of 17 alpha numeric characters i.e. C02L7B5LF8JC8E5E1, do I remove 4 characters from the middle regardless weather they are letters and numbers (5LF8)to make the 13 or does it have to be just the numbers (7885) again to make 13. A clear concise responce would be appreciated please.

This is what i'm finding hard to fathom and would like clarification from the people that claim removing 4 characters work. The method of taking 4 numbers from the 17 character MLB to make 13 - My MLB is made up of 17 alpha numeric characters i.e. C02L7B5LF8JC8E5E1, do I remove 4 characters from the middle regardless weather they are letters and numbers (5LF8)to make the 13 or does it have to be just the numbers (7885) again to make 13. A clear concise responce would be appreciated please.
My MLB also consists of alphanumeric,,, but was 7 consecutive numbers and letters after one convinacion,,,, and what you mention yours is not a sequence of numbers without Combine your letters, that question would be tested.

My MLB also consists of alphanumeric,,, but was 7 consecutive numbers and letters after one convinacion,,,, and what you mention yours is not a sequence of numbers without Combine your letters, that question would be tested.

Thanks for your response, looking at my MBL serial, I still don't understand. Maybe I'll have to wipe and start all over again, which I don't want to do, because each time you do, it will be yet another machine registered against your details. You will be very surprised how many you have through your trials and errors, one way of seeing how many you have, just log into iCloud on your browser, you'll see them all, every iPhone ,iPad, macs etc and you can't remove them weather you still own them or not, this is also a debate over on the apple forum and apple starts getting jittery if you have too many against your ID. I guess thats half the problem at a the moment.

Back