Contribute
Register
I am running into imessage problems after having it work great for 3 weeks. I haven't read this post while my imessage has been working, but will read through after I post this message.

Imessage for some reason signed me out, then when I try to sign back in it gives me the 12 digit code to call Apple. I checked all my values using Imessage debug and they were all the same. The imac version under devices in finder changed from Imac 2 to Imac 4, not sure if that has any impact. I called Apple and had the rep take the block off, but this time it did not let me sign in. Then she escalated it to a senior advisor who of course wanted to do a screen share and that's where I said I was busy and will call back. What are my options and are other people having success or failure with Imessage. Thanks.

Right now, there are no good permanent options. Just wait and be patient. I thought you said you read the thread?

Eeek, I see why some persons would be not exactly happy with my actions but please let me explain my side of the story.

I did not intentionally set out to deceive Apple, or even prompt them to add my Serial number to their database. Phone support in the UK, can get you mixed results. I got the iMessage error a few months ago when I was using Chimera, and the second time I called them, they wouldn't budge on asking for a serial number, I dutifully explained they would not find it on their system and that this was not an issue or related to iMessage in any way, but they asked so i gave them my serial number, the unlocked my iMessage from their end and I was good to go. Then they asked if they could screen share to double check my serial number, I could have made an excuse, but thought this might seem even more suspicious, so I let them. I did not ask them to verify, they said it would help them, help me on future calls, and put on the spot like that I made a decision. It was not until a couple months later while checking my serial number for uniqueness that I realized they had added it to their database and my apple ID.

What's done is done, and I could easily go on using an alternate fake serial number, but dont see the point as they now have a record of me owning an iMac.

This was ALL done months ago, I only shared, because I always share my Hackintosh experience, so someone else may learn from my "mistakes". I would not encourage anyone to intentionally mislead support personal trying to help them, and as I said I did not set out for this to happen.

If it matters, the Intel i3-3225 was only used in 21.5" iMacs produced for and sold for educational purposes. I have read you should make your system definition, as close as possible to the real thing, so I created a random serial number and used the system definition to match my hardware and this "story" as close as possible.

Again this was ALL done months ago, I had no plan to get my serial number added to their database, and was just following the guidelines.

As far as being patient and awaiting a "fix" from the community. It's all relative in my opinion. Tell that to someone with a Hackintosh that has not had iMessage or Facetime working for more than a couple days.

Having iMessage and Facetime working for me is a huge deal breaker as most of my family and friends are international and most own an Apple device, which makes iMessage and Facetime an easy and cost effective communication tool. I spend most of my time at home in front of my Hack and like sending/reciveing iMessages, SMS, Voice calls, and Facetime calls from my chair.

This wont matter in the long run, as I am sure I will be logged out of iMessage and Facetime very shortly and will be stuck like everyone else. Just bought a SSD and don't dare build a new system until I see how this all works out.

Spang1974

You could always get a iPhone and do it while still sitting in your chair. IJS

Tough times...... Google Hangout anyone? LOL!!!!!

Thanks for the advice. I have read all of the 1st section and many other posts as well. I guess I missed this part. "Go to System Preferences > Energy Saver and uncheck the box "Wake for Ethernet network access" then reset your computer name in Sharing".

I now have made the adjustment and will see if that fixes my issue. I definitely has to do with when my computer wakes from sleep.

Thanks for the advice. I have read all of the 1st section and many other posts as well. I guess I missed this part. "Go to System Preferences > Energy Saver and uncheck the box "Wake for Ethernet network access" then reset your computer name in Sharing".

I now have made the adjustment and will see if that fixes my issue. I definitely has to do with when my computer wakes from sleep.

I don't think that's going to help. iMessage problem seems it's more complicated than that. We all are waiting for a stable solution.

Clean install of Mavericks 10.9.5 with Clover i put the old id's used in Yosemite but didn't work,then i installed chameleon and i saw that FaceTime is working but no imessage,then installed back Clover and put the old id's but instead of 17 caracters for the mlb i used 13, I TOOK OUT 4 numbers from the middle then i called Apple with the new code and everything works perfectly.
The notion of MLB 13 digits i took from here,people was reporting that is working.

I've done the same,,, but the difference is that I have not called apple, I removed the first 4 numbers MLB and have put a different rom, and I injected with clover configurator.
I did signoff and signon with iMessage,,, but not with Facetime, I do not want to take risks.

I CONFIRM!!!!!!!!
13 MLB works.
I'll be writing a little guide about it.
Hope it holds.

I've done the same,,, but the difference is that I have not called apple, I removed the first 4 numbers MLB and have put a different rom, and I injected with clover configurator.
I did signoff and signon with iMessage,,, but not with Facetime, I do not want to take risks.

Hm, so it doesn't seem to matter which 4 numbers you take out of the MLB. There's reports of people taking out 4 in the middle of the MLB, and now 4 from the beginning of the MLB.

Hm, so it doesn't seem to matter which 4 numbers you take out of the MLB. There's reports of people taking out 4 in the middle of the MLB, and now 4 from the beginning of the MLB.

My MLB begins with the first three digits of the serial Number followed by 7 numbers and ending with alphanumeric. I removed the first four of the seven numbers and I've injected with Clover Configurator.

Here's what I did just to give it a try.
1. created a new user in my hackintosh
2. created new Apple ID during log in with new user (so I hope to keep mine safe)
2a. Disconnected ethernet cable
3. Got into clover configuration and injected new sn, same model, etc. Shut down, and on again
4. Used clover configurator to calculate ROM and MLB
5. Infected Those values and just took 4 numbers out from the middle of MLB.
6. Shut down ant start again.
6a. Connected ethernet cable
7. Started iMessage, automatically logged in. Was able to send some iMessages to friends and were received.

What I'll do next is try changing all the info in my original account as it was a new Mac. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Back