Contribute
Register
iMessage on Clover (GA Z87N WIFI)

Hi,
I know posts like this are common and probably annoying, but I wasn't sure what else to do, as I have tried a lot, with no luck. I had switched over to clover after my old chimera build grew glitchy and almost unresponsive. The switch worked with relative ease. Pretty much anything that didn't work right away was an easy fix. Except for iMessage. Granted, it hadn't been working before i switched, but i was under the impression it would be a lot more manageable than the with chimera. I've gone through jaymonkey's guide probably 3 or 4 times with no luck, I've deleted the caches, tried resetting my network interfaces, generated new S/N's and UUID's, and as far as i can tell, the Sid bug is fixed, but i still get the "error during activation" when trying to use iMessage. It's not a big deal for me, i'd prefer to get it working if at all possible, but i have survived up to now without it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hi,all
S/N is work or no work

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-07 at 8.58.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-07 at 8.58.29 PM.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 170
Anyone else having issues with iMessage today?

I tried to send a message from OS X, and it gave an error. Ever since, I have been having issue with slow verification on iOS devices, and now, despite iMessage being signed in on OS X, it is showing (inactive).

I have no idea what is going on, or why? Everything was working perfectly up until I checked this morning.

Either Apple is cracking down, or something is very wrong with iMessage/FaceTime today.

My iPhone, iPad, Hack, are all losing verification. It will work for a few moments, then all messages will stop being sent. My iPhone/iPad were syncing, but now are not verifying. The Hack is telling me to check my network....

Basically, it is one giant not working. I fear something is going terribly wrong.

UPDATE

I think Jay needs to do some testing. My iMessage on my Hack has lost the ability to activate.

Well...this is officially screwed and I think I'm going to call it a day on iMessage. I am getting "inactive" when it does sign in, and now I'm getting, "Check your network connection" which is obviously wrong.

I have changed absolutely nothing since yesterday. I watched a movie, went to bed, woke up and iMessage wasn't working. I finally got it working on my iOS devices, and so I think I'll just have to leave it there. Now, after a restart, it doesn't say "inactive" but it says everyones contact info isn't registered with iMessage, meaning I can't send anything anyway. ....and now...all contacts are available, but all messages fail to send, and none are recieved.

I know I could probably start over from square one on the guide, but it is too bloody long, and since this just randomly stopped working, I don't even know where to start.

I just wanted to thank Jay for his hard work. It is a shame this has become such a PITA for such a relatively useless feature.

hi,all
S/N is work or no work

@ahmed_shiko,

If this is the S/N of your Hack then the S/N is already registered to a macbook, don't use it ...

Jay

Anyone else having issues with iMessage today ..... I think Jay needs to do some testing. My iMessage on my Hack has lost the ability to activate.

@Crazylegsmurphy,

No problems here (yet ....), iMessage running fine on all my hacks .... i assume you checked all your System ID's and made sure none have changed ...... any clues in your console log ?

Cheers
Jay

@Crazylegsmurphy,

No problems here (yet ....), iMessage running fine on all my hacks .... i assume you checked all your System ID's and made sure none have changed ...... any clues in your console log ?

Cheers
Jay

Hey,

Ya, first thing I did was double check system ID's. As for the console log....there are a million things in there, and I am way too computer uneducated to know what half of it is.

At this point, iMessage is connected, but messages in, and out are not showing up on any other device, or my girlfriends phone. For all intents and purposes it is stuck.

I'm not sure if this is due to all the iCloud logouts, but my handoff is also not working. I'm also no longer seeing the iPhone as an option in the WiFi menu.

Something has really messed up, but because I did absolutely nothing, it is anyones guess what is wrong. Either something changed itself, or Apple slammed the ban hammer down on my Hack. What is so odd is that is isn't fully broken...it just isn't working.

Hello. May some one help me please?
I have clover (last update) and i try to setup my SMBIOS data. But any symbols that i set to RT Var in CC just don't work. With restart iMessage Debug show random MBL and ROM or show empty MBL at all.
I trying delete my config in EFI and generate new with PBI CE, but it is not help :(
This is my troubleshooting files in attach, hope anyone may help me in this strange situation.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting 2015-03-08 01-57.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 69
Hello everyone, I updated about a week ago to Yosemite from Maverick and lost iMessage and FaceTime. I tried as much as I could understand to follow the guide with no success. So what I ended up doing was a clean install of Yosemite and now... after a whole day spend trying different FileNVRAM.dylib's I can't get it to create a nvram.plist. So when I run the iMessage debug I get "Failed" for ROM and MLB. Even when I inject manual ones using terminal they will appear afterwards even though iMessage still won't work or FaceTime. But upon restart they go back to "Failed" status. Ive tried FileNVRAM 1.1.2, 1.1.3, and 1.1.4 with no success. Anything I should do to make the .dylib create a .plist? I'm running the latest version of chameleon...

Thanks in advance!!

Hello everyone, I updated about a week ago to Yosemite from Maverick and lost iMessage and FaceTime. I tried as much as I could understand to follow the guide with no success. So what I ended up doing was a clean install of Yosemite and now... after a whole day spend trying different FileNVRAM.dylib's I can't get it to create a nvram.plist. So when I run the iMessage debug I get "Failed" for ROM and MLB. Even when I inject manual ones using terminal they will appear afterwards even though iMessage still won't work or FaceTime. But upon restart they go back to "Failed" status. Ive tried FileNVRAM 1.1.2, 1.1.3, and 1.1.4 with no success. Anything I should do to make the .dylib create a .plist? I'm running the latest version of chameleon...

Thanks in advance!!

Test the steps of "Reset FileNVRAM" of this guide... i resolve a similar problem of that way.

Nope. iMessage and FaceTime are gone.

Since nothing was changed, I fully suspect Apple may be back to their old tricks. I have been attempting to fix this all afternoon and it is beyond repair.

I think iMessage is kaput. :/

Unfortunately so is Handoff....so, this sucks.

Back