Contribute
Register
Unfortunately so is Handoff....so, this sucks.

Handoff has nothing to do with iMessage not working...... I think.

Are you saying calling Apple with code doesn't solve it?

Handoff has nothing to do with iMessage not working...... I think.

Are you saying calling Apple with code doesn't solve it?

There isn't a code. It just simply won't work.

All day it has been doing one of the following:

- Won't sign in (gives error about network)
- Will sign in, but can't choose any contacts
- Will sign in, but no messages come through, or go out
- Will sign in, but messages don't sync between devices

Currently, iMessage and FaceTime won't sign in. They just hang for like 10 minutes, then give me a "connect network" error.

No matter what I tried all day, I got one of the errors. The further I tried to get it working, the more issues I had with my iPhone/iPad. At one point my iPhone would't verify for up to 20 minutes.

Basically, something is very wrong, and I have no idea what. Ok, the only thing that has changed is that Shaw replaced the modem, but no settings have changed, and everything was working for 3 - 4 days before today.

Yesterday iMessage/FaceTime worked. Handoff worked, and everything else was working perfectly. I watched a movie, went to bed, and when I woke up I realized iMessage wasn't sending/receiving messages. Since then I have attempted to figure out why, but nothin...

So, I can't even go through the steps in this thread because nothing else is different from what it was yesterday. I'm simply stuck. So the best I can do is just accept the fact that this particular feature is not attainable on this Hack, and move on.

There isn't a code. It just simply won't work.

All day it has been doing one of the following:

- Won't sign in (gives error about network)
- Will sign in, but can't choose any contacts
- Will sign in, but no messages come through, or go out
- Will sign in, but messages don't sync between devices

Currently, iMessage and FaceTime won't sign in. They just hang for like 10 minutes, then give me a "connect network" error.

No matter what I tried all day, I got one of the errors. The further I tried to get it working, the more issues I had with my iPhone/iPad. At one point my iPhone would't verify for up to 20 minutes.

Basically, something is very wrong, and I have no idea what. Ok, the only thing that has changed is that Shaw replaced the modem, but no settings have changed, and everything was working for 3 - 4 days before today.

Yesterday iMessage/FaceTime worked. Handoff worked, and everything else was working perfectly. I watched a movie, went to bed, and when I woke up I realized iMessage wasn't sending/receiving messages. Since then I have attempted to figure out why, but nothin...

So, I can't even go through the steps in this thread because nothing else is different from what it was yesterday. I'm simply stuck. So the best I can do is just accept the fact that this particular feature is not attainable on this Hack, and move on.

Your Modem settings has change - with all your equipment not working all of a sudden it all points to your network, so before you change anything on your Hack, look to your modem/network settings. Good Luck.

thanks You Replay how find s/N work MacBook Pro

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-08 at 2.08.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-08 at 2.08.46 PM.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 131
#Crazylegsmurphy

What is your motherboard ?
smbios what you chose ?

... after a whole day spend trying different FileNVRAM.dylib's I can't get it to create a nvram.plist. So when I run the iMessage debug I get "Failed" for ROM and MLB.

@lerimer,

If using a legacy boot-loader then Yosemite iMessage will only work with FileNVRAM 1.1.4 make sure you are using the correct version for the boot loader your using (See Chapter 6.1), if your using Chimera make sure you install the kext as well as the boot module.

Both versions of FileNVRAM 1.1.4 are experimental and not everyone has been able to get it working, maybe now is the time to investigate and migrate your boot-loader to Clover which should solve your issues.

Cheers
Jay

thanks You Replay how find s/N work MacBook Pro

@ahmed_shiko,

Use Clover or Chameleon Wizard's 'Magic Wand' to generate a SMBIOS & S/N for the type of Mac Book you want to emulate ..... be sure to use the 'Random' or 'Shake' buttons to randomise the week and batch numbers. Check that new S/N is valid but un-registered .... See Chapter 4.1 & 4.2 for more info on generating and checking OS X S/N.

Cheers
Jay

Hello Jay,

@tebogo,

....... it will be probably be quicker than trying to figure out whats wrong with existing account but if you do sort it post some feedback.

Cheers
Jay

I searched further to find out what wrong. What I found is that when is startup when I delete all the files as pointed out in Chapter 3, delete them after reboot in single mode, reboot again, login with the problem account, and only start iMessage (so not login), the following files are not generated or changed. On a real Mac and login in with a guest account, the files are created when I only start iMessage (so not login), so I assume these files are needed.

com.apple.imagent.plist
com.apple.facetime.bag.plist
com.apple.loginwindow.plist

The System.log have the following info:
Mar 8 18:48:19 Macbook-Air imagent[468]: [Warning] Services all disappeared, removing all dependent devices
Mar 8 18:48:21 Asus-Macbook-Air imagent[468]: [Warning] IMDAccount: incoming 'defaults' is not a dictionary, (null), (null)

Does this help in finding a solution. I hope we find it. I found searching for a solution that a lot of other people are having the same problem.

Thanks, Tebogo

Solved this particular issue, see following: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage-397.html#post999457

Last edited:
Back