Contribute
Register
APPLE is becoming more and more strict when you call them to reset your consumer s code.. they did not reset it the last 2 times i called they asked so many questions..

@ Jay - Have a look at this Screen Shot showing in 'Find my Phone'

@esafeddie,

OS X Devices will only show up in that list if you have 'Find my Mac' enabled/checked in your iCloud settings in System Preferences .... maybe it's just me but something about advertising where i am working on my computers to the richest corporate in the world don't sit right with me .... so i have it turned off on all my hacks.

However, it could be a useful trick/tip if it does remove the device completely from your iCloud settings.

Cheers
Jay

APPLE is becoming more and more strict when you call them to reset your consumer s code.. they did not reset it the last 2 times i called they asked so many questions..

Are you sure? When I didn't have settings correct, it didn't matter how many times they reset it, it didnt work.

Did they actually say "Im not going to reset the lock"?

I know you won't like this but you will have to go back and retrace your steps, there is either a setting on your machine, or your Account that is not quite right, personally at this point if I felt I have read the Guide and exhausted every possible avenue to get this Hack working with the present values and it's not happening, I would wipe it all and start again - Different S/N, model Mac, generate new SmUUID etc etc - Bummer I know - maybe someone else has a better alternative to mine,

I hear what you're saying Jay and I suppose your argument makes sense, never gave it much thought really, but since I aint got nothing to hide apart from my Banking, Buying habits, Eating, Dating, types of women I prefer etc etc - Hang on a minute!!! in the words of the Condemned 'I am well and truly Fugged' lol - But hey what you gonna do?

Hello Jay,

Clover users can simply press the <Space> bar on the OS X boot entry and select Single use mode.

May I suggest to also add the following.
After booting in Single-user mode, first mount the root device as read-write with codes:
Code:
 /sbin/fsck -fy

and

/sbin/mount -uw /

and then enter, to empty the trash from the command line enter the following command:
Code:
sudo rm -rf ˜/.Trash/

Thanks Tebogo

May I suggest to also add the following.
After booting in Single-user mode, first mount the root device as read-write with codes:
Code:
/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
Thanks Tebogo

@tebogo,

If memory serves me right i seem to remember that when you enter Single User mode the console prompts you with those two commands in order to mount the startup drive .... however it makes sense to add them to that section of the guide for novices ... thanks for your feedback

Cheers
Jay

If the value of MLB in Smbios is different with that in RT Variables, the system cannot boot into desktop.

@TomHsiung,

If your injecting MLB & ROM via the RT Variables page then you should leave 'Board Serial Number' blank on the SMBOS page this will ensure that you override Clovers automatic injection ....

Cheers
Jay

I hear what you're saying Jay and I suppose your argument makes sense, never gave it much thought really, but since I aint got nothing to hide apart from my Banking, Buying habits, Eating, Dating, types of women I prefer etc etc - Hang on a minute!!! in the words of the Condemned 'I am well and truly Fugged' lol - But hey what you gonna do?

@esafeddie,

At least we have the choice ;) ....

Cheers
Jay

Back