Contribute
Register
Hello Jay,

Yes, found it. Never thought about that, but finally a step further..

I read somewhere about firewalls which might stop Messages and FaceTime.
I stopped the firewall of OSX, and finally I can start Messages and FaceTime and register..

But now I cannot send a messages, big red exclamation mark...

Tried again Chapter 3.3, delete all files, but same result.....

Any suggestions...

Thanks, Tebogo

Last edited:
I've tried the following today although still no luck (logs below):

• Changing the S/N to a new one, I get the correct message now on Service and Support Coverage website (We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records) and didn't before so that's progress.
  • When deleting the relevant preferences iMessage allowed me to log in although in the text entry field it read "iMessage (Inactive)" and every contact would come up red then in the settings i would get the try again later message.
  • I was also able to successful change my smUUID through terminal and then changed in Clover Configurator.
  • Ethernet card BSD name: en0
  • Not sure if my MLB and ROM values are okay? I used them in Clover Configurator...

The searched iMessage logs show the following, not sure if related or causing a problem?
Untitled.png

Clover installation was flawless for me apart from iMessage not working, any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Hello. May some one help me please?
I have clover (last update) and i try to setup my SMBIOS data. But any symbols that i set to RT Var in CC just don't work. With restart iMessage Debug show random MBL and ROM or show empty MBL at all.
I trying delete my config in EFI and generate new with PBI CE, but it is not help :(
This is my troubleshooting files in attach, hope anyone may help me in this strange situation.

hello puts this config.plist
restarts
opens clover configurator, open your config.plist
in RT VARIABLE click calculate
puts NUMBER ROM
SMUUID puts the SMBIOS
RESTART
that's what I did for my ProBook 4530s

as I have written many times, but no one else has confirmed my theory iMessage work with some APPLE ID but not all apple ID

for example on my hacks only my APPLE ID works, while other ID of my family does not work

this means that certain person whatever she does iMessage will not work

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 88
as I have written many times, but no one else has confirmed my theory iMessage work with some APPLE ID but not all apple ID

@Gerard71,

It has been reported that some users have a block put on their AppleID if it associated with multiple illegal devices such as hacks using cloned ID's .... however as long as the user owns at least one genuine valid & registered Apple Device such as iPhone or iPad then block can be lifted/reset by calling Apple.

Cheers
Jay

@Gerard71,

It has been reported that some users have a block put on their AppleID if it associated with multiple illegal devices such as hacks using cloned ID's .... however as long as the user owns at least one genuine valid & registered Apple Device such as iPhone or iPad then block can be lifted/reset by calling Apple.

Cheers
Jay

my apple ID would have had much more reason to be blocked as my wife who uses his iphone, or my boy who is a new ID so it does not really explain the problem

So....

I message now works on iPad/iPhone. If I receive any messages from anyone (myself included) it works as expected on these two devices.

On my Hack, I don't receive any messages. However...

iMessage seems to be logged in, and verified. When I send a message to myself, two of the addresses work, and one doesn't.

What is strange is that if I send myself a message in OS X, it will tell me it has been delivered, and it will in fact be delivered. The problem is that it doesn't deliver to any other device.

So...to recap.

- iPhone/iPad - Work
- Hack - Can't send/receive from anyone outside of OS X
- Hack - Can send messages to myself using two addresses (phone number & one email), but does not show up on iPad/iPhone or for anyone else.

- Handoff no longer works.

Hey Jai, Did you used to go on UKChatterbox?
Anyway I followed your instructions using process of elimination and it started working after deleting the configuration files.
I still have a problem with Facetime though it says "The server encountered an error processing information.
Please try again later"
I don't know if it's related as they both went down at the same time last year.

Any ideas how to fix that?

So....

I message now works on iPad/iPhone. If I receive any messages from anyone (myself included) it works as expected on these two devices.

On my Hack, I don't receive any messages. However...

iMessage seems to be logged in, and verified. When I send a message to myself, two of the addresses work, and one doesn't.

What is strange is that if I send myself a message in OS X, it will tell me it has been delivered, and it will in fact be delivered. The problem is that it doesn't deliver to any other device.

So...to recap.

- iPhone/iPad - Work
- Hack - Can't send/receive from anyone outside of OS X
- Hack - Can send messages to myself using two addresses (phone number & one email), but does not show up on iPad/iPhone or for anyone else.

- Handoff no longer works.
that what you like to smbios? you need a mac smbios end of 2012 for handoff functions as IMAC 13.1 13.2 or MAC MINI 6.2

for my probook I use the generator MLB ,ROM,SMUUID , ECT ... of clover configurator putting the ROM address UseMacAddr0 by clicking calculated in RT VARIABLE

for my Z77 I made a SMUUID with terminal command
and I use the program to MLBGen17V3 ROM AND MLB ( I used the 17 number for the MLB
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303073-pattern-of-mlb-main-logic-board/page-24

for my P55 I used Chimera and FileNVRAM 1.1.4
everything works

that what you like to smbios? you need a mac smbios end of 2012 for handoff functions as IMAC 13.1 13.2 or MAC MINI 6.2

for my probook I use the generator MLB ,ROM,SMUUID , ECT ... of clover configurator putting the ROM address UseMacAddr0 by clicking calculated in RT VARIABLE

for my Z77 I made a SMUUID with terminal command
and I use the program to MLBGen17V3 ROM AND MLB ( I used the 17 number for the MLB
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303073-pattern-of-mlb-main-logic-board/page-24

for my P55 I used Chimera and FileNVRAM 1.1.4
everything works

I'm using 14,2

It has worked for over a month without issue. About a week ago my ISP replaced the modem, yet it continued to work as before without issue. Then, two days ago it all stopped. No reason...just stopped.

Back