Contribute
Register
What do you mean handoff?

Handoff....when you open Safari, iMessage, or Mail on one device and you can then continue using it on another. It seems to be tied to iMessage/Facetime because I can no longer use that functionality on my Hack.

* Edit its now working....dumb.

Usually I just click on the error and it brings me to a webpage with the code and the number to call.

Spang1974

That's what it should be.... the phone number wasn't there last night.

I want to run iMessage debug in macbook air. but my macbook air's OS X version is lion (10.7.2). So I cannot run iMessage debug. error message is 'illegal instruction :4'.

Is there any method to run iMessage debug on OS X lion system?

I want to run iMessage debug in macbook air. but my macbook air's OS X version is lion (10.7.2). So I cannot run iMessage debug. error message is 'illegal instruction :4'.

Is there any method to run iMessage debug on OS X lion system?

Is this a real Macbook air, or are you using that as your system definition? If it's real, why are you trying to use iMessage debug?

Either way, can you update to something newer than Lion? Your several versions behind at this point.

CrazyLegsMurphy - so I'm only calling them when I am totally sure this is fixed! How do you know when it is fixed prior to calling Apple. I am no longer getting the phone numbers for Apple care once clicking on the contact support and just getting the 12 Digit code. This spells trouble and now think I might not have an option, but to change Apple ID as too many red flags on my current Apple ID.

CrazyLegsMurphy - so I'm only calling them when I am totally sure this is fixed! How do you know when it is fixed prior to calling Apple. I am no longer getting the phone numbers for Apple care once clicking on the contact support and just getting the 12 Digit code. This spells trouble and now think I might not have an option, but to change Apple ID as too many red flags on my current Apple ID.

That's what I was reporting last night. No phone number listed. Really weird.

@cap2587 & @tamorgan

To call Apple you need to read Step 8 of post #2. Read it carefully, and follow it step-by-step.

At some point in Step 8 it tells you to "Talk to Apple Support Now or Schedule a Call".
I noticed "Talk to Apple Support Now" is gone from the USA support website, but it is still available using the Canadian support site. So, if you're in Canada, you're in luck, it will be a lot faster for you :)

Either way.... calling Apple at the point isn't a good idea as there is obviously something wrong with most people iMessage/FaceTime.

Doesn't seem like anyone's been able to figure out the problem yet.

@cap2587 & @tamorgen

To call Apple you need to read Step 8 of post #2. Read it carefully, and follow it step-by-step.

At some point in Step 8 it tells you to "Talk to Apple Support Now or Schedule a Call".
I noticed "Talk to Apple Support Now" is gone from the USA support website, but it is still available using the Canadian support site. So, if you're in Canada, you're in luck, it will be a lot faster for you :)

Either way.... calling Apple at the point isn't a good idea as there is obviously something wrong with most people iMessage/FaceTime.

Doesn't seem like anyone's been able to figure out the problem yet.

Yeah, I understood that. Before I wasn't even getting the contact Apple message, so something was wrong in my configs. Now, I am getting the message, so even though we don't have a solution, I am now on the same page as everyone else. Hopefully that'll mean whenever we find a solution, I won't have any extra hoops to jump through than everyone else has.

Well, to answer the first question. I am waiting until the solution has been confirmed by those who know what they're doing, opposed to just speculating, and then calling Apple as part of troubleshooting.

I mentioned a few times in this thread that I think Apple should be the last on the list of things to do. Only when this issue has been figured out, and my settings are rock solid will I be even attempting to call Apple.

Secondly, I never had the support numbers on my error message. I simply got, "This ID can't be used....call apple support with this code."

I don't think this is an issue. At least it wasn't when I first had to call. Keep in mind I'm also in Canada, so that might have something to do with it.

Back