Contribute
Register
Okay, I went through the whole process again, and now I am getting the Contact Apple message. I guess this is good. I figured I might try and call up, but I'm not sure which number to call. Is there a specific number to call for iMessage, or just the general applecare number? The text on the web page says it's listed below, but it's not.

Usually I just click on the error and it brings me to a webpage with the code and the number to call.

Spang1974

It may just be luck but my carefully constructed S/N, ROM, MLB and MacPro 4.1 SMBIOS is still working 100% with iMessage, FaceTime and all the iCloud services on my Z97X board. Perhaps I may yet be signed out by Apple but so far so good.

I wonder if they take into account I have two other real macs, an iPhone and iPad linked to my AppleID or is it just the syntax of the SN/ROM/MLB that matters?

It may just be luck but my carefully constructed S/N, ROM, MLB and MacPro 4.1 SMBIOS is still working 100% with iMessage, FaceTime and all the iCloud services on my Z97X board. Perhaps I may yet be signed out by Apple but so far so good.

I wonder if they take into account I have two other real macs, an iPhone and iPad linked to my AppleID or is it just the syntax of the SN/ROM/MLB that matters?

Same situation here. I am wondering how widespread this new issue is? Not so curious to sign out though:)

Spang1974

It seems like some people are just being signed out of Imessage after weeks of successful use. Can anyone guess as to why that would happen. Apple customer support is failing to unlock the imessage block on my account with 12 digit customer. I am guessing I should not call and try and work through the great suggestions of people in this post to get my imessage working. Thanks for all of the information and help.

It seems like some people are just being signed out of Imessage after weeks of successful use. Can anyone guess as to why that would happen. Apple customer support is failing to unlock the imessage block on my account with 12 digit customer. I am guessing I should not call and try and work through the great suggestions of people in this post to get my imessage working. Thanks for all of the information and help.

From what I have read, Apple sends out a "disconnect message" (for maintenance reason?) which, will disconnect everyone, most/some don't notice because they are automatically and usually signed back on immediately. It is only when something goes wrong, or in this case you cannot sign back on that the disconnect is noticed.

Or that's how I interpreted the situation.

Spang1974

From what I have read, Apple sends out a "disconnect message" (for maintenance reason?) which, will disconnect everyone, most/some don't notice because they are automatically and usually signed back on immediately. It is only when something goes wrong, or in this case you cannot sign back on that the disconnect is noticed.

Or that's how I interpreted the situation.

Spang1974

There's a security token you need to keep iMessage working, and it expires after a certain time. When the token has expired, your computer tries to generate a new one sending your information to Apple, they say nope because the information they received did not pass their checks, so you don't get a new token and get logged out of iMessage.

Very helpful info. Does everyone get the token at some stage and does that definitely mean they will fail apple authentication and get logged out. Does anyone have success logging out and back into imessage. Is it advisable to keep the same S/N all the way through if it is coming up on apple self solve as not a valid serial number. Is it possible or impossible to get the correct MLB, ROM values where you can log straight into imessage, or is it inevitable that you will have to call Apple to get the Imessage block off via 12 digit customer code.

I lost the ability to do Handoff between my iPad/Hack (I actually could use Handoff on my iPad, but it wouldn't show up on my Hack).

After trying everything else I could think of, I finally logged out of iCloud on my Hackintosh. Bad idea. I now no longer have iMessage/Facetime/Handoff (thankfully Airdrop still works).

So....there you go. Don't sign out.

Now I am truly stuck waiting for a fix from this thread (I read the other one posted here, but it didn't make any sense to me).

So....now I wait.

Very helpful info. Does everyone get the token at some stage and does that definitely mean they will fail apple authentication and get logged out. Does anyone have success logging out and back into imessage. Is it advisable to keep the same S/N all the way through if it is coming up on apple self solve as not a valid serial number. Is it possible or impossible to get the correct MLB, ROM values where you can log straight into imessage, or is it inevitable that you will have to call Apple to get the Imessage block off via 12 digit customer code.

From what I can gather, the only way you can get around it is to create an entirely new AppleID. I personally don't want to do this because of how annoying it would be to set up all that information again. Plus, I have too many purchases tied to my current ID, and I wouldn't want to lose access to them all.

So, I think until this is properly figured out, calling Apple won't have any use anyway. I hate calling them as much as the rest of you, but I suppose that is simply how it is going to be. My fear is that calling them too often will raise some eyebrows, so I'm only calling them when I am totally sure this is fixed.

From what I can gather, the only way you can get around it is to create an entirely new AppleID. I personally don't want to do this because of how annoying it would be to set up all that information again. Plus, I have too many purchases tied to my current ID, and I wouldn't want to lose access to them all.

So, I think until this is properly figured out, calling Apple won't have any use anyway. I hate calling them as much as the rest of you, but I suppose that is simply how it is going to be. My fear is that calling them too often will raise some eyebrows, so I'm only calling them when I am totally sure this is fixed.

What do you mean handoff?

Back