Contribute
Register
SelfSolve = https://selfsolve.apple.com

Right now it is recommended we find a Serial Number NOT found on SelfSolve and use that for our Serial Number. And then we take that Serial Number, add 5 characters to the end of it to make it 17 characters long and that's what we use for the MLB.

What if we use the Serial Number NOT found on SelfSolve as our Serial Number but then find one that IS found on SelfSolve, add 5 characters to it to make it 17 characters long, and then use that for our MLB?

I realize this shouldn't actually make a difference, but has anyone tried it?

I've got problems with iMessage again. Recently I upgraded to 10.10.1 and today iMessage stoped working. I did everything by the book:
-find serial number that is not found on SelfSolve
-add 5 characters to serial number and save as Board Serial Number
-generate SmUUID using "uuidgen" command

Those 3 values I saved in SMBIOS tab in Clover Configurator. Everything was working fine for about a month. Now I'm getting message to contact Apple in order to activate iMessage again with Customer Code. Could You please tell me if I did something wrong? Should I change something? What can I do to activate iMessage again?

I've got problems with iMessage again. Recently I upgraded to 10.10.1 and today iMessage stoped working. I did everything by the book:
-find serial number that is not found on SelfSolve
-add 5 characters to serial number and save as Board Serial Number
-generate SmUUID using "uuidgen" command

Those 3 values I saved in SMBIOS tab in Clover Configurator. Everything was working fine for about a month. Now I'm getting message to contact Apple in order to activate iMessage again with Customer Code. Could You please tell me if I did something wrong? Should I change something? What can I do to activate iMessage again?

That's the first time we hear about this! Interesting!

On a more serious note, read the updates in the OP and the rest of the thread, this has been ongoing since end of November with no fix yet.

Sorry, I wasn't expecting this kind of situation. I'll be checking this thread for any updates. Thanks!

Go back and reread Step 5D from the Guide Part 1 - Basically you are using iMessage debug to check that you are getting the same values bewtween restarts, which if you are using Clover, you should be.

I am not sure anyone can tell you for certain if you should be using a 13 or 17 digit MLB at this point. But Jaymonkey does recommend using the system definition of an iMac 13,1 which uses a 17 digit MLB, so again if you follow steps you should be cool. He details in Step 5D on how to create your own unique MLB. Step 5D does assumee you followed the previous Step 3 and ensured you created a unique serial number.

I have followed theses steps time and time again to success each and every time.

Spang1974

Okay, I went through the whole process again, and now I am getting the Contact Apple message. I guess this is good. I figured I might try and call up, but I'm not sure which number to call. Is there a specific number to call for iMessage, or just the general applecare number? The text on the web page says it's listed below, but it's not.

I GOT MY IMESSAGE WORKING.... WOOHOO!I openned clover on my hackintosh, generated smbios, changed the smbios with details from Imessage Debug.txt file, openned RT Variables and posted the ROM and MLB, then restarted and then BAM it just logged in automatically--both Facetime and iMessage.

Any posts describing or advocating using information from a real Mac that the poster doesn't own to solve this issue will result in the post being removed and a suspension of the posters account.

It just seems to be the only way of getting this feature of hackintosh to work at the moment, but since we can't do that anymore on this forum, it's motivation to find a work around. Hopefully theres a client-side variable or something that can be patched to make it appear as a real mac and login to imessage.

Back