Contribute
Register
Handoff....when you open Safari, iMessage, or Mail on one device and you can then continue using it on another. It seems to be tied to iMessage/Facetime because I can no longer use that functionality on my Hack.

* Edit its now working....dumb.

Thats what I thought. The only two apps that won't handoff would be FaceTime and messages. Thats it. Handoff should work, despite messages being down.

I know what handoff is, I got a whole thread on it with the genuine apple wifi/bt cards.

I meant what do you mean about handoff because it should be working fine.

I've got problems with iMessage again. Recently I upgraded to 10.10.1 and today iMessage stoped working. I did everything by the book:
-find serial number that is not found on SelfSolve
-add 5 characters to serial number and save as Board Serial Number
-generate SmUUID using "uuidgen" command

Those 3 values I saved in SMBIOS tab in Clover Configurator. Everything was working fine for about a month. Now I'm getting message to contact Apple in order to activate iMessage again with Customer Code. Could You please tell me if I did something wrong? Should I change something? What can I do to activate iMessage again?

I to had this issue, this is reported on the first post, it seems also calling apple does not fix it, I tried it yesterday :(

Maybe there is something in the application itself that is different. Apple has changed its way of iCloud 2 years ago and, from my research, Messages (iMessage)/Facetime has to talk with iCloud differently. Unfortunately, I am not a coder at all. I am still a noob in the Hackintoshing and wonder if someone can find the differences in the coding between when Messages was hackable and now.:think:

Maybe there is something in the application itself that is different. Apple has changed its way of iCloud 2 years ago and, from my research, Messages (iMessage)/Facetime has to talk with iCloud differently. Unfortunately, I am not a coder at all. I am still a noob in the Hackintoshing and wonder if someone can find the differences in the coding between when Messages was hackable and now.:think:
Yeah, I think JayMonkey said he was going to look at some disassembly of something (don't know if it's imessage), so maybe they did change something in OSX along with something on their end.

This spells trouble and now think I might not have an option, but to change Apple ID as too many red flags on my current Apple ID.

I think we will have options once we figure out how to pass the new checks - I get the 12 character code on my hackintosh, and afterwards logged in to 6 different iMac's i found at work and got on iMessage successfully on every one of them without getting the message - I was hoping I could trigger it on a legit Mac so I could get it "fixed", but failed!

Be patient, we just have to figure out what Apple is checking. Hopefully its an algorithm vs a whitelist!

Can someone confirm the message in the attachment below is a fake. Email address looks strange and it came to my email that is not attached to my Apple ID.

I decided to reinstall Yosemite from scratch to see if I can get Imessage and Facetime working. I have not signed into to any Apple apps yet (App store, Itunes, Icloud, facetime, Imessage etc)

Here are my questions:

1. Should I use the same Serial number that I had when I could use imessage for the 3 week period. Apple customer support was not able to unblock my imessage whilst I was using this serial.

2. What system definitions would be the best for Haswell I7-4770K, GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H, 32GB of 2400 MHZ G.skill Ram .

3. My plan was to create a new ROM and MLB. What is the connection bw my mac address and the ROM numbers I choose?

I plan to follow the steps carefully from the beginning of this post. Any advice on the above would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-05 at 8.01.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-05 at 8.01.38 PM.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 410
Can someone confirm the message in the attachment below is a fake.

Did you think for a moment that Apple's grammar would be so poor ?

"If The Link Don't Work On Gmail"

It's fake.

The last time I called them I asked why this was happening. They said that the block happens when there is a change in hardware. For example, someone using Chimera will have the MLB/Rom changing on every reboot and that causes iMessage not to work as it see too many Macs login in on every reboot and blocking your account due to that.

That's the theory anyway

Can someone confirm the message in the attachment below is a fake. Email address looks strange and it came to my email that is not attached to my Apple ID.

That's a very poorly done forgery, fake as a nine dollar bill as the saying goes.
If you also look at the "from" email address it says: [email protected] :crazy:

When you try to go to that domain here's what you get.
TRS 2014-12-05 at 7.48.47 PM.png Don't think Apple changes their address that frequently.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Any ideas on my other questions. Thanks

Back