Contribute
Register
I am currently having many problems trying to get iMessage to work on my Hackintosh. My system is the first attachment below and the rest of the Clover Configuration is below that. I have tried so many different serials it's not even funny. I still haven't figured out the "en0" thing yet and how to get it. I have tried removing the .plist that was mentioned in the Tonymac fix and I am still unsuccessful. What am I doing wrong? :banghead:
View attachment 112722

For network disable wifi (better if you can do it in bios), then in system Preferences/Network delete all devices (Ethrnet, WiFi, Bluetooth). Using Finder navigate to :-

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Delete the following two files :-

NetworkInterfaces.plist
preferences.plist

Empty the trash and reboot.
OSX should re-discover all your Network Interfaces and rebuild the network hardware and software settings. (Credits to jaymonkey)
If ethernet is finally en0 enable wifi. You should in every case get rid of this issue.
What MB are you using? It is always better to have a patched DSDT, with clover too, it will avoid a lot of headaches

Has anyone gotten iMessage to work without calling Apple? I am at the point of having a Customer Code but hesitant to call yet.

Also another thing to keep in mind is when generating the serial, make sure the production date is valid. For instance I'm using iMac Late 2013, which came out 09/2013 so don't put a serial with manufacturing date 03/2013.

I have not been able to without calling them. Clean install, new hardware. I just called them and validated the account. I had to use my iPhone for a validation code. Now it works perfectly

Has anyone gotten iMessage to work without calling Apple? I am at the point of having a Customer Code but hesitant to call yet.

Also another thing to keep in mind is when generating the serial, make sure the production date is valid. For instance I'm using iMac Late 2013, which came out 09/2013 so don't put a serial with manufacturing date 03/2013.

hi guys I've got some bad news i think apple are blocking or blacklisting peoples official macs and iPhones and iPads if you have a hackintosh! how ever my hackintosh logged me out of iMessage this morning and i tried logging back in no go keeps coming up with an error has occurred also its now doing the same on my official macbook won't log in what so ever also my iPhone and iPad will no longer log me into iMessage tried changing my password still no go also i tried my sisters apple ID on my iPhone and iPad and macbook still no go it just keeps coming up with an error has occurred i have a registered credit card on my apple ID also does my sister and its like nothing is working on none of my devices has anyone got any ideas? i think my apple devices have been blacklisted or either banned is this something new thats apples doing now? because nothing will work no more :banghead:

Attachments

• 1496522_823018921078023_8947278681687983014_o.jpg
    1496522_823018921078023_8947278681687983014_o.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 17.37.15.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 17.37.15.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 157
hi guys I've got some bad news i think apple are blocking or blacklisting peoples official macs and iPhones and iPads if you have a hackintosh! how ever my hackintosh logged me out of iMessage this morning and i tried logging back in no go keeps coming up with an error has occurred also its now doing the same on my official macbook won't log in what so ever also my iPhone and iPad will no longer log me into iMessage tried changing my password still no go also i tried my sisters apple ID on my iPhone and iPad and macbook still no go it just keeps coming up with an error has occurred i have a registered credit card on my apple ID also does my sister and its like nothing is working on none of my devices has anyone got any ideas? i think my apple devices have been blacklisted or either banned is this something new thats apples doing now? because nothing will work no more :banghead:

Outage? i'm fine on my end!

thats the thing tho I've checked apples website and everything is up and running but the thing i don't get is when i tried my sisters appleID on my iPhone its logged hers out and now she can't seem to log in on her iPhone

thats the thing tho I've checked apples website and everything is up and running but the thing i don't get is when i tried my sisters appleID on my iPhone its logged hers out and now she can't seem to log in on her iPhone

That's odd!

Perhaps something wrong with your network? Have you tried on your iOS devices to do so over 3/4G/Cellular data?

hi guys I've got some bad news i think apple are blocking or blacklisting peoples official macs and iPhones and iPads if you have a hackintosh! how ever my hackintosh logged me out of iMessage this morning

@jbamford,

As i have already (repeatedly) posted, if your using a real mac OSX S/N and it does not match the system type of the original then your going to cause issues ..... your causing a miss-match on apples system by having two devices with the same S/N - you can check by using the method in post #2111. whats more by doing this you've possibly managed to blacklist yourself by causing multiple OSX S/N miss-matches.... I suspect that your hacingtosh(s) is/are using a different System type to that of your mini-mac S/N - Read the guide, Part-1, Step-3 take particular note of the importance of suffix and prefix of the OSX S/N.

The problem for you now is that your AppleID is now associated with a cloned OSX S/N ..... not sure how Apple will react to that .... if I was you I would generate all new ID's (SmUUID/MLB/ROM & S/N) for every machine you have and do it off-line, if you have the option try to use an alternate NIC so the MAC address will also be different. Create a new AppleID and associate the new ID's with the new AppleID. Then call Apple to activate using the method in Part-2, Step-8... Good Luck

Cant say you went warned ...

@All,

To everyone using a cloned OSX S/N ... take note of the warnings in the guide (Part-1, Step-5f) - if you absolutely have to use a cloned S/N be very careful ... don't use the S/N more than once or twice with different ROM/MLB/UUID ID's otherwise you'll pop up on Apples Radar ... do it too many times and it's probable that the S/N will be blacklisted. Better to always use non-registered, custom vales for all critical OSX ID's as detailed in the guide,

Cheers
Jay

As i have already (repeatedly) posted, if your using a real mac OSX S/N and it does not match the system type of the original then your going to cause issues ..... your causing a miss-match on apples system by having two devices with the same S/N - you can check by using the method in post #2111. whats more by doing this you've possibly managed to blacklist yourself by causing multiple OSX S/N miss-matches.... I suspect that your hacingtosh(s) is/are using a different System type to that of your mini-mac S/N - Read the guide, Part-1, Step-3 take particular note of the importance of suffix and prefix of the OSX S/N.

Cant say you went warned ...

Jay

Hi Jaymonkey,

Thanks for the reminder of the importance of the SN/System definition.

I asked a few times on this thread but have not received any answers. What would be the best system definition for a GA-X58A-UD3R based system. MacPros 4,1 and 5,1 were the only ones to use X58 chipsets however only the 5,1 had 64 bit. I am using a core i7 Processor though not a xeon. What do you think would be the safest definition for my system. While 5,1 seems to be the closest, it is not working for me.

For network disable wifi (better if you can do it in bios), then in system Preferences/Network delete all devices (Ethrnet, WiFi, Bluetooth). Using Finder navigate to :-

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Delete the following two files :-

NetworkInterfaces.plist
preferences.plist

Empty the trash and reboot.
OSX should re-discover all your Network Interfaces and rebuild the network hardware and software settings. (Credits to jaymonkey)
If ethernet is finally en0 enable wifi. You should in every case get rid of this issue.
What MB are you using? It is always better to have a patched DSDT, with clover too, it will avoid a lot of headaches
I am using a GA-H87M-D3H. Is there even a DSDT for this motherboard? I couldn't find on TonyMac's DSDT list.

Back