Contribute
Register
Hi Jaymonkey,

Thanks for the reminder of the importance of the SN/System definition.

I asked a few times on this thread but have not received any answers. What would be the best system definition for a GA-X58A-UD3R based system. MacPros 4,1 and 5,1 were the only ones to use X58 chipsets however only the 5,1 had 64 bit. I am using a core i7 Processor though not a xeon. What do you think would be the safest definition for my system. While 5,1 seems to be the closest, it is not working for me.

@spos86,

For older chip-sets i tend to use iMac13,1 which seems to work well on most older systems but I've never tried it with a GA-X58A mobo. Best bet is to disconnect form the internet and give it a go. If iMac13,1 doesn't work then try a different system type.

Once the system seems stable and all your hardware is working then make sure all your ID's are correct as detailed in the guide. Do a few shutdowns/reboots and use iMessage Debug to ensure everything is stable and persistent before reconnecting to the internet.

You'll probably have to call Apple to activate iMessage but you should be fine, just follow the method detailed in Part-2, Step-8 of the guide.

Cheers
Jay

I am using a GA-H87M-D3H. Is there even a DSDT for this motherboard? I couldn't find on TonyMac's DSDT list.

@perDog12,

Ideally you should never use someone else's DSDT, always generate you own, thanks to all the hard-work of the community the tools and the patches are very easy to use these days ... there are many guides, both Tony and RehabMan have good guides on this forum on how to create a DSDT - use them.

Please keep questions in this thread to iMessage.

Cheers
Jay

@jbamford,

As i have already (repeatedly) posted, if your using a real mac OSX S/N and it does not match the system type of the original then your going to cause issues ..... your causing a miss-match on apples system by having two devices with the same S/N - you can check by using the method in post #2111. whats more by doing this you've possibly managed to blacklist yourself by causing multiple OSX S/N miss-matches.... I suspect that your hacingtosh(s) is/are using a different System type to that of your mini-mac S/N - Read the guide, Part-1, Step-3 take particular note of the importance of suffix and prefix of the OSX S/N.

The problem for you now is that your AppleID is now associated with a cloned OSX S/N ..... not sure how Apple will react to that .... if I was you I would generate all new ID's (SmUUID/MLB/ROM & S/N) for every machine you have and do it off-line, if you have the option try to use an alternate NIC so the MAC address will also be different. Create a new AppleID and associate the new ID's with the new AppleID. Then call Apple to activate using the method in Part-2, Step-8... Good Luck

Cant say you went warned ...

@All,

To everyone using a cloned OSX S/N ... take note of the warnings in the guide (Part-1, Step-5f) - if you absolutely have to use a cloned S/N be very careful ... don't use the S/N more than once or twice with different ROM/MLB/UUID ID's otherwise you'll pop up on Apples Radar ... do it too many times and it's probable that the S/N will be blacklisted. Better to always use non-registered, custom vales for all critical OSX ID's as detailed in the guide,

Cheers
Jay

Hi
I'm using a unique serial number etc for my Hackintosh. But I have used the same ROM and MLB values from my Macbook Air. The serial number has not been copied from the Macbook Air but is a randomly generated one for the Hackintosh, appropriate to iMac 14,2 and is not listed on the self-solve section of the Apple website. iMessage activated on the Hackintosh without needing to call Apple.

Is this likely to cause the same problems that you mentioned above?

Hi
I'm using a unique serial number etc for my Mackintosh. But I have used the same ROM and MLB values from my Macbook Air. The serial number has not been copied from the Macbook Air but is a randomly generated one for the Hackintosh, appropriate to iMac 14,2 and is not listed on the self-solve section of the Apple website. iMessage activated on the Hackintosh without needing to call Apple.

@socrates978,

It may, i'm not 100% sure but since MLB & ROM would not change on a real mac and it's associated OSX S/N logic would say that a reverse look-up could be done the other way on the MLB & ROM values and find the original S/N - thus creating a ID miss-match.

However with that said its possible that this happens rarer as most leached ID's tend to be S/N's. I'm not sure but i think either way a miss-match has to occur more than once for a ID to be blacklisted ... be it a S/N, MLB or ROM value so the values would have to be used on multiple Hackingtosh (or a single machine with non-persistent nvram values).

All i can say is since its done you may as well leave it as it is, if it stops working then we'll know for sure that Apple are also blacklisting leached MLB & ROM values and not just S/N's which would not surprise me at all.

To me it would make sense that Apple would do this - they are trying to protect their customers security - by using leached values, your machines iMessage security token is now the same between one or more machines thus creating the possibility for someone being able to listen in .... obviously Apple are not going to allow this hence the reason I always recommend (and as stated in the guide) to always use unique, non-registered values to avoid this worry in the future.

Please post feedback and let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Jay

Hi
I'm using a unique serial number etc for my Hackintosh. But I have used the same ROM and MLB values from my Macbook Air. The serial number has not been copied from the Macbook Air but is a randomly generated one for the Hackintosh, appropriate to iMac 14,2 and is not listed on the self-solve section of the Apple website. iMessage activated on the Hackintosh without needing to call Apple.

This is what I did: same ROM and MLB values but with a random S/N that is compatible with iMac13,2. I am using a X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 motherboard.

Every 3-4 days I am for some reason being signed out of Imessage. This causes me to have to call apple and get my Imessage block lifted. My details are not changing in imessage debug. This leads me to believe my ROM, MLB are wrong. My serial is unique and does not come up as a real Mac. Can someone suggest what I should do now. Thanks

@cliffg,

You have miss-matched ID's on Apple's systems which is causing an Authentication token Issue. Suggest you perform the following steps from the guide.

Note: You should disconnect from the internet before starting, that way any incremental ID changes will not be detected by Apple.Use another machine to follow the guide or save it local first, along with any files/utilities required.

• Read Part 2 of the guide Up to Step 7, check if you have the SId bug, if so fix it
  • Generate all new Identities for your system, see Part-1, Step 3
  • Check for persistent MLB & ROM values, see Part-1, Step 5d
  • Perform all of step 4 and 5e
Reconnect to internet and try again, if you get the contact Apple alert with a customer code then follow step 8 in Part-2 .

Suggest your read the whole guide first then perform the above steps in that order

Cheers
Jay

It's me again! My system was working great (with Clover + Yosemite) and then I upgraded to an Apple BCM94360CD network card, which immediately caused the activation error with iMessage/FaceTime. So I followed Tony's guide after speaking with Apple for quite some time and re-generated a system SN and created a new SystemId.

iMessage consistently throws up the activation error; FaceTime consistently throws up the "FaceTime wants to use your confidential information..." error.

Note: iMessageDebug reports the same ROM and MLB as before I re-ran Clover Wizard to create my current SystemId.
IOPlatformUUID matches Hardware UUID in Hardware Overview. Furthermore, I get the exact same errors on my "golden" user account and a freshly-created Administrator account that isn't connected to iCloud.

Any suggestions especially given the upgraded network card likely caused all of my woes?

Perfect guide!!

Got my ROM and MLB values persistent, then called AppleCare (Australia).
He never asked me for an OS X Serial Number, all he did was ask the security questions tied to my Apple ID, and then when I forgot the answers, he sent a verification code to my iPad which I read back to him, he then asked for the customer code on my iMessage screen, a few seconds later I was logged in! :D:D:D

I am pretty sure I have a blacklisted MLB #. How should I create a random number for this and can I keep me serial # and ROM Values the same.

I guess I am going to follow this instruction.

For the MLB value use your OSX S/N + random alpha/numeric values to make 17 digits long.

It's me again! My system was working great (with Clover + Yosemite) and then I upgraded to an Apple BCM94360CD network card, which immediately caused the activation error with iMessage/FaceTime. So I followed Tony's guide after speaking with Apple for quite some time and re-generated a system SN and created a new SystemId.

iMessage consistently throws up the activation error; FaceTime consistently throws up the "FaceTime wants to use your confidential information..." error.

Note: iMessageDebug reports the same ROM and MLB as before I re-ran Clover Wizard to create my current SystemId.
IOPlatformUUID matches Hardware UUID in Hardware Overview. Furthermore, I get the exact same errors on my "golden" user account and a freshly-created Administrator account that isn't connected to iCloud.

Any suggestions especially given the upgraded network card likely caused all of my woes?

I created a new MLB and ROM number and now I have a Customer Code prompt. Sweet!

Back