Contribute
Register
Hi,

I have Clover r2989 (updating as they release) and have tried everything on here that I can and yet my iMessage isn't working, nor has it ever worked before. Anyone help me please? :banghead:

Hi,

I have Clover r2989 (updating as they release) and have tried everything on here that I can and yet my iMessage isn't working, nor has it ever worked before. Anyone help me please? :banghead:

Do you mean r2988?

Can you tell us what error you are getting? And what exactly you have tried?

Do you mean r2988?

Can you tell us what error you are getting? And what exactly you have tried?

No I mean r2989 since I use CloverGrower, but that's besides the point.

I've tried pretty much everything. Deleting plists, I just recently added my MLB and ROM, but that didn't change anything either. I've tried reinstalling OS X many, many, times, but no avail. I have NVRAM working, so that isn't a problem to me. All of my BSD devices have been set up fine since I started digging into this problem. The last thing I can think of now is adding a credit card, but that isn't a liable option for me since I'm underage. :lol: The error that I get is "An error occurred during activation. Try again". I've gotten the customer support error before and had it fixed, but it's never actually worked to where I could send messages to other people in my contacts. They say Clover's supposed to fix everything, but I've used it for quite a while and never have had any close success with iMessage / FaceTime. :(

@AGuyWhoIsBored

Is this for a laptop? What version of OS X are you running?

Could you tell us what imessage_debug says? You may private message it to me if you'd like.

Nah it's fine, I'm way too lazy to:lol:

Yes it's for an ASUS S400CA (it's in my signature), and I'm running OS X 10.10 Yosemite. Imessage-debug returned these values when I ran it:

imessage_debug[684:12040] Gq3489ugfi: <7617ac68 7489847c 1e148f65 27f3aeae 49>
imessage_debug[684:12040] Fyp98tpgj: <39208efc e591dddf 0130d2f6 a0b1de62 aa>
imessage_debug[684:12040] kbjfrfpoJU: <66e46b24 6d18b363 e524feed 1335c45f 9b>
imessage_debug[684:12040] IOPlatformSerialNumber: C02K3NXSFGYY
imessage_debug[684:12040] IOPlatformUUID: Censored
imessage_debug[684:12040] board-id: Mac-189A3D4F975D5FFC
imessage_debug[684:12040] product-name: MacBookPro11,1
imessage_debug[684:12040] UUID(Censored):ROM: <10cf5302 e262>
imessage_debug[684:12040] UUID(Censored):MLB: C02140302D5DMT31M
imessage_debug[684:12040] oycqAZloTNDm: <a4b83baf e3f77114 685ace92 de034fb5 71>
imessage_debug[684:12040] abKPld1EcMni: <5adb8f2e 07e614f1 f270749d 444db845 45>

I don't think there's anything wrong with this, but I have no experience with other hackintosh computers, the laptop I'm hackintoshing is my first computer :p
I have made sure the values are consistent throughout reboots, and they are so that's good.

@AGuyWhoIsBored

Those look good.

I recently just fixed the same error you're getting. Check out my post to see the steps I took to fix it.

Alright I'll try it, although I doubt it will work. I have one question though. When you added 5 random alphanumeric characters to the S/N, are those generated or did you actually add them on? Since I think the S/N has to be a certain length, right? I've done most of the steps you listed already, but I guess there's no harm in trying again.

@AGuyWhoIsBored

It has to be 17 characters. The Serial Number generated for me using iMac13,1 was 12 characters, I added the last 5 to make it 17 characters.

Edit 1: Obviously you don't want to use the same system definition as me (iMac13,1). Try to use one that is as close to your hardware as you can.

Edit 2: jaymonkey got this error on one of his machines the other day and fixed it by deleted a couple .plist files. See his post on how he fixed it

@AGuyWhoIsBored

It has to be 17 characters. The Serial Number generated for me using iMac13,1 was 12 characters, I added the last 5 to make it 17 characters.

Edit 1: Obviously you don't want to use the same system definition as me (iMac13,1). Try to use one that is as close to your hardware as you can.

Edit 2: jaymonkey got this error on one of his machines the other day and fixed it by deleted a couple .plist files. See his post on how he fixed it

I got as far as calling Apple, which is what I'm doing right now. I read something about using a serial number from selfsolve.apple.com. What do you mean by that? Should I just use the S/N that I set for my system?

I got as far as calling Apple, which is what I'm doing right now. I read something about using a serial number from selfsolve.apple.com. What do you mean by that? Should I just use the S/N that I set for my system?

In my experience, you should give them a serial number that can be found on selfsolve.apple.com, or they'll say they can't find it in their system and may not help you any further.
This is not the actual serial number you'll be using on your hackintosh.

So no, do not give them the one you're using for your system.
Try to find one that does not give you the error on selfsolve.apple.com

Back