Contribute
Register
I'm trying to following this guide and think I'm doing everything correct but I have a strange problem.

Basically if I reboot, the ioplatformuuid as displayed in iMessage_debug remains constant.

However, if I update the SMUUID value in clover to reflect this value, it changes on the next reboot. As a result (presumably) I get the cannot be activated error when logging into iMessage.

Any advice gratefully received!

I'm trying to following this guide and think I'm doing everything correct but I have a strange problem.

Basically if I reboot, the ioplatformuuid as displayed in iMessage_debug remains constant.

However, if I update the SMUUID value in clover to reflect this value, it changes on the next reboot. As a result (presumably) I get the cannot be activated error when logging into iMessage.

Any advice gratefully received!

Because the SMUUID (AKA system ID) is not the same as the IOPlatformUUID (AKA hardware UUID), you get SMUUID from IOregistry explorer or IOJones not Imessage debug. Re read post 2 of the thread to find out about system Id

Because the SMUUID (AKA system ID) is not the same as the IOPlatformUUID (AKA hardware UUID), you get SMUUID from IOregistry explorer or IOJones not Imessage debug. Re read post 2 of the thread to find out about system Id

OK thanks. I was getting that info from here

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ll-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html#post893000

If I understand right, on clover you should use an SMUUID generated from uuidgen. I've done this and it seems to break the clover config (values all reset to default).

First of all, THANK YOU for this. I previously used your post to get iMessage working in Mavericks with Chameleon. Had to call Apple support and give them the code to get it working. Then it stopped working last week, so I figured it was a good opportunity to move to Yosemite via Clover.

Clover took some time, especially the audio (ALC889), but everything was working EXCEPT iMessage. Everything checked out according to your instructions, but I kept receiving activation error, so I called Apple. They spent over an hour with me trying to get iMessage to activate. They even deleted the certificate so I could start over, but no luck.

I then re-read your instructions and noticed the part about default Clover Board Serial Numbers being blacklisted, so generated a new UUID and input that into Clover Configurator along with a new Board Serial # off of the serial #. I did this because the Apple tech kept telling me if only I was receiving the customer code message with "contact support", he could fix it.

Sure enough after changing those values, the message appeared and I called Apple and they got iMessage working instantly. I believe one of those values, were the blocked one's on Apple's servers, and tech support apparently doesn't know.

Don't be afraid to call Apple, especially if you own a legitimate device. The issue is iMessage so not really device specific as far as they know. As long as you receive the "contact Apple" and everything else checks out according to this procedure, then you should be good.

[...]
I then re-read your instructions and noticed the part about default Clover Board Serial Numbers being blacklisted, so generated a new UUID and input that into Clover Configurator along with a new Board Serial # off of the serial #. I did this because the Apple tech kept telling me if only I was receiving the customer code message with "contact support", he could fix it.

Sure enough after changing those values, the message appeared and I called Apple and they got iMessage working instantly. I believe one of those values, were the blocked one's on Apple's servers, and tech support apparently doesn't know.

[...]

I banged my head on a wall for a couple of days because of this, this is a super important step else everything looks perfect but no contact CS message!

@elgipsy,

Are you sure your not mistaking the new hardware ID as the SmUUID ?, you say your using the values from iMessage Debug .... most versions of iMessage Debug do not show the SmUUID (SystemId) only the Hardware (platform UUID).

Best way is to always check the SmUUID by checking the registry as detailed in Part-2 of the guide, use IOJones to check it ....

Cheers
Jay

Jay,
will thevalue i find be relevant as I formatted between installs?
If not, what do I do? Shall I install via Clover as new and cross fingers with support?
Can I still use MLB and ROM I have? I've read that the ones generated by Clover are blacklisted. If I need new ones, how do I get them? Thanks:)

I have Yosemite fresh install with clover ((4rd attempt, testing with different config.plist configurations) (before Yosemite I had ML)). My problem is that I can’t make iMessage work. Every time I trying to login iMessages getting this error "Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again" I try to do all things by this guide without luck. Maybe I doing something wrong? Tested with imessage_debuger getting the same result after few restarts.

More info about my hardware you can found here. If someone could check my imessage_debuger and clover config.plist file would be nice.

P.S. I can't send config.plist and debug file by PM becouse I don’t have 75 posts, but I can sent it by mail, or something like that.

Thanks for any help !

I have Yosemite fresh install with clover ((4rd attempt, testing with different config.plist configurations) (before Yosemite I had ML)). My problem is that I can’t make iMessage work. Every time I trying to login iMessages getting this error "Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again" I try to do all things by this guide without luck. Maybe I doing something wrong? Tested with imessage_debuger getting the same result after few restarts.

More info about my hardware you can found here. If someone could check my imessage_debuger and clover config.plist file would be nice.

P.S. I can't send config.plist and debug file by PM becouse I don’t have 75 posts, but I can sent it by mail, or something like that.

Thanks for any help !
Same Problem here.. I've got the error message "Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again" I Upgraded from Mavericks (Imassage was work ) to Yosemite with Unibeast then installed clover. . I followed guide as your mentioned.

Have a look at my post on the last page. I too was stuck with that error message for ages.

What seemed to work for me (to get the customer code at least) was the have the ROM and MLB blank, generate all the SMBIOS information first, reboot then enter the ROM and MLB info as given by iMessage_debug, then reboot again.

Back