Contribute
Register
In my experience, you should give them a serial number that can be found on selfsolve.apple.com, or they'll say they can't find it in their system and may not help you any further.
This is not the actual serial number you'll be using on your hackintosh.

So no, do not give them the one you're using for your system.
Try to find one that does not give you the error on selfsolve.apple.com

Alright I got one, I was worried they were going to start talking to me when I was still searching for one (I'm on a wait list right now). Let's see what happens...

edit 1:
Been on the wait list for half an hour .... :-X:lol:

Alright I got one, I was worried they were going to start talking to me when I was still searching for one (I'm on a wait list right now). Let's see what happens...

edit 1:
Been on the wait list for half an hour .... :-X:lol:

I am happier than the happiest man on Earth right now! Thank you so much man!!!:D:headbang::clap:I finally got it working, now I have a perfect hackintosh system! The problem now though is FaceTime... XD

I'm thinking about recreating a boot disk and inject to the plist UUID etc... even tough I now get the message "could not sign in to messenger...." the question is which values do I include in the plist? the one from Yosemite(Msg worked a couple of days after I called Apple with the code then stopped working)? Or use the values I had under Mavericks; there too I got a code and had to call Apple at the time but iMessage worked flawlessly after that)

Thanks

Ok I need help:(

even though I had the "could not sign in to messenger" message popping up, imessage worked a couple of days, after having called Apple with the code. So what I did is a following:

-ran imessage debug
-noted the MLB, ROM, the S/N, the SMUUID, the board ID and product ID
-reinstalled Yosemite (formatted disk) without internet acces, so no Apple ID entered in order not to be logged on server
-during post install with clover I added the above values to plist with clover configurator, saved and moved the plist to the EFI partition
-rebooted
-ran imessage debug

all values in point two are consistent except SMUUID which has changed but is consistent. How can I replace the UUID with the one of my previous install? I'm struggling... Please help:(

Ok I need help:(

even though I had the "could not sign in to messenger" message popping up, imessage worked a couple of days, after having called Apple with the code. So what I did is a following:

-ran imessage debug
-reinstalled Yosemite (formatted disk) without internet acces, so no Apple ID entered in order not to be logged on server
-during post install with clover I added the above values to plist with clover configurator, saved and moved the plist to the EFI partition
-rebooted
-ran imessage debug

all values in point two are consistent except SMUUID which has changed but is consistent. How can I replace the UUID with the one of my previous install? I'm struggling... Please help:(

All you need to set are: 'Serial Number', 'SmUUID' & 'Board Serial Number':
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 7.44.34 PM.png

Load your config.plist in the latest Clover Configurator, Go to 'Rt Variables' tab, do not edit, just hit 'Calculate' to verify your values:
Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 1.36.19 AM.png

Kris,

i just loaded a new plist and did what you suggested. After placing the Plist in the EFI partition, i rebooted and ran imessage debug. again all values are consistent between reboots, it's just the UUID that changed compared to the one I had on my previous install but the value is consistent too.

Am I doing sthing wrong? Safe to try iMessage?

I am having trouble keeping my Imessage signed in after leaving the computer asleep overnight. I usually turn it off, but sometimes I forget. Why would leaving my Hackintosh asleep overnight cause me to have to sign into imessage again. Then of course it gives me a message to call Apple customer support again. Any ideas?

So what I did is a following:

-ran imessage debug
-rebooted
-ran imessage debug

@elgipsy,

Are you sure your not mistaking the new hardware ID as the SmUUID ?, you say your using the values from iMessage Debug .... most versions of iMessage Debug do not show the SmUUID (SystemId) only the Hardware (platform UUID).

Best way is to always check the SmUUID by checking the registry as detailed in Part-2 of the guide, use IOJones to check it ....

Cheers
Jay

jaymonkey,

Could You please tell me which values from clover configurator are safe to use as unique? I generated in SMBIOS (magic wand) tab unique serial number which don't display on apple website and generated SmUUID with uuidgen which I later injected in clover configurator. Do I have to change Board number, ROM and MLB as well? If yes, how can I do that? Some say, that you can copy S/N + 5 random numbers/letters to MLB. What is your experience?

Nah it's fine, I'm way too lazy to:lol:

Yes it's for an ASUS S400CA (it's in my signature), and I'm running OS X 10.10 Yosemite. Imessage-debug returned these values when I ran it:

imessage_debug[684:12040] Gq3489ugfi: <7617ac68 7489847c 1e148f65 27f3aeae 49>
imessage_debug[684:12040] Fyp98tpgj: <39208efc e591dddf 0130d2f6 a0b1de62 aa>
imessage_debug[684:12040] kbjfrfpoJU: <66e46b24 6d18b363 e524feed 1335c45f 9b>
imessage_debug[684:12040] IOPlatformSerialNumber: C02K3NXSFGYY
imessage_debug[684:12040] IOPlatformUUID: Censored
imessage_debug[684:12040] board-id: Mac-189A3D4F975D5FFC
imessage_debug[684:12040] product-name: MacBookPro11,1
imessage_debug[684:12040] UUID(Censored):ROM: <10cf5302 e262>
imessage_debug[684:12040] UUID(Censored):MLB: C02140302D5DMT31M
imessage_debug[684:12040] oycqAZloTNDm: <a4b83baf e3f77114 685ace92 de034fb5 71>
imessage_debug[684:12040] abKPld1EcMni: <5adb8f2e 07e614f1 f270749d 444db845 45>

I don't think there's anything wrong with this, but I have no experience with other hackintosh computers, the laptop I'm hackintoshing is my first computer :p
I have made sure the values are consistent throughout reboots, and they are so that's good.

Hi,
I have something very similar to this and I am sure that my configuration is pretty much correct.
One question i do have is that the board id has a Mac-xxxxxxxxxx (xx - random hex characters), are we supposed to paste in the mac- element of the statement?
I am trying to pinpont where my iMessage problem is.
Thanks for your help

Back