Contribute
Register
Not exactly sure why but I did all of these and it worked for me perfectly! Thank you very much! Just to recap I:

-Deleted nvram file in ~/Extras
-Installed Chimera 3.0.1
-Installed and ran KextBeast on desktop
-Replaced FileNVram in ~/Extras/modules folder with the file from this link: https://public.xzenue.com/downloads/

Then rebooted. Signed into Messages account and boom.

Thanks again to everyone that had input towards getting this working.

Bah... tried all of this. Still no go for me...

Anyone else had luck with other methods?

imessage.png Recent iMessage
Issues
Update ...

I now believe that these recent issues where down to a 'glitch' in Apples backend services, for some people it caused them to be signed out of iMessage which can be cured following standard reset tips from part-1 of the guide and this seems to be confirmed by the members who have posted success posts over the last few pages.

It looks like the iTunes update could just have been bad timing/coincidence as I have found reports that there was indeed a major iMessage issue with Apples backend systems on the 8th, 9th and 10th of Aug:-

http://www.slashgear.com/imessage-is-down-for-iphone-users-inside-usa-how-about-you-08340432/

It seems to have predominately effected iMessage users in the States and the UK and some parts of Europe

Testing Update:

Yesterday I restored a time-machine backup on my laptop system (which was the first machine to suffer from the iMessage issue on 9th of Aug) and was able to get iMessage working again using all the original identities although I did have to clear the old iMessage set up data (See Part-1, Step-4) and delete the nvram plist in /Extra. Today I have re-installed the iTunes 11.3.1 update and so far iMessage is still working so its looking like iTunes update is ok and not the cause of these recent issues.

Worryingly I have not been unable to reactivate / login to iMessage on my GA-Z77-UD5H development system, despite several attempts using all the usual tricks from part-1 of the guide and including injecting new SM-UUID which i've never needed to do with this board and its still not working...will continue to investigate and report back here if i find something.

I wonder if the 'glitch' has been down to a further update of the UUID - S/N - MAC Address filters / rules at Apples end ? maybe as part of the new iMessage feature set rolling out OSX in 10.10 next month. Obviously it effected a lot of real mac users so maybe the roll out had a bug or two which they've now fixed, but i wonder if the updated checks are throwing out a new bunch of systems ?, in my case its a GA-Z77-UD5H, i've read that a number of other UD5H users are also having issues reactivating iMessage. If you have UD5H or other which was working and now isn't please post feedback.

Info:

For future reference you can check the Official status of Apple's backend systems here :-

http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

Specific iMessage issues can be followed/tacked using Down Detector :-

For USA use this link:-
http://downdetector.com/status/imessage

For UK use this link:
http://downdetector.co.uk/status/imessage

(for other countries use either of the two links and click on the appropriate country link on the right)

If you start experiencing odd iMessage issues in the future (and you know nothings changed) it's worth checking these sites first to see if there is an issue at Apples end before you start changing/hacking your system configuration.

I have amended the News at the start of the guide with the above information.

Cheers
Jay

I have both Wi-Fi card and on-board NIC on my Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. I can only make either ethernet Built-in but no both using the "Ethernet EFI String" injection.

Is it possible to make them both Built-in?

@jb509,

You could try re-injecting the EFI string for the NIC not marked as built-in, sometimes this string can change, use DPCIManger to generate the string. See Step 2 of Part-1 of the guide and scroll down to the 8th June update.

Generally for built-in Realtek NIC's on gigabyte motherboards there is no need to inject the EFI string manually, have you tried one of the other Realtek Kext network drivers ?, there are a few versions in the latest MultiBeast, generally i tend to go with LNX2MAC's version.

Check BIOS settings ? / Maybe BIOS update ?

Are both NIC working in Windows/Linux ?

Cheers
Jay

P67A-UD3-B3 (UEFI: U1D) seems to suffer from the SId bug.

Fixed by SMuuid injection via smbios.plist running Chimera 3.0.1 on 10.9.4.

@Kris404,

Thanks for the feedback i assume thats a Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 ?

I'll add it to list, glad the fix worked for you

@All,

If you've got a motherboard that you are sure suffers from the SId bug and is not on the following list, please post and i'll add it.

• Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD5-TH
  • Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3
  • ASRock Z77 Extreme 6
The list can be found in part-2 of the guide at the bottom of 'The SId Bug' section.

Cheers,
Jay

@rad-we,

Many people think that darkwake is a simple on/off (0/1) flag but it is much more complex, the value of the darkwake parameter is made up of a number of bits relating to certain hardware sleep options. In order to understand it you need to understand the code that makes up that part of OSX. I did my own research on it but if you use google you will find it discussed on various forums.

But a good introduction/overview can be found posted by @NeXTguy here.

It all depends on what hardware you have and to what level that hardware is supported, some users use darkwake=9, also 11 seems a popular value.

Cheers
Jay

Hi, I recently swapped my z87n-wifi wifi chipset for a Broadcom one (the suggested one everywhere) and since I changed it my iMessage stopped working. I think I'm having the same issue as you, did you ever got it back working? It's annoying that it used to work for over a year and now it stopped.

Thanks

I wonder if the 'glitch' has been down to a further update of the UUID - S/N - MAC Address filters / rules at Apples end ? maybe as part of the new iMessage feature set rolling out OSX in 10.10 next month. Obviously it effected a lot of real mac users so maybe the roll out had a bug or two which they've now fixed, but i wonder if the updated checks are throwing out a new bunch of systems ?, in my case its a GA-Z77-UD5H, i've read that a number of other UD5H users are also having issues reactivating iMessage. If you have UD5H or other which was working and now isn't please post feedback.

I have GA-Z77-UD5H that was working but now isn't. I have a valid System ID as I followed part 2 of the this thread.....

I have GA-Z77-UD5H that was working but now isn't. I have a valid System ID as I followed part 2 of the this thread.....

@MackDaddy,

Thanks for your feedback, I too have GA-Z77-UD5H that has been working fine with iMessage for over two years, it was my first real ground-up Hackingtosh system (all hardware was bought specifically to run OSX), and was used for all the testing and development of the guide.

All my other OSX systems are working fine with iMessage and Latest iTunes update (11.3.1)

Since this latest issue that occurred around 8/9 Aug 2014, I can no longer log into iMessage, Have tried all the tricks and tried new S/N and SM-UUID injection but still not working, will continue to investigate. What System Type ID are you using ?, I am using iMac 13,2. Have checked all identifiers and all look ok ... this is a real strange issue as i've always been able to get iMessage to work on this system in the past ?

Cheers
Jay

Try play with NVRAM and Chimera combinations?

Theres no reason it shouldn't work. If its a test system, maybe just do a fresh install?

Over the weekend, I actually did a clean install of Mavericks (with UniBeast latest and Chimera latest) and I still couldn't activate iMessage. Any reason why a clean install STILL wouldn't work since the Chimera install should have the correct nvram file?

Back