Contribute
Register
I now believe that these recent issues where down to a 'glitch' in Apples backend services

I believe so as well. After unsuccessful attempts to fix iMessage I finally gave up when I got the error message with a customer code. Today I finally got around to calling Apple with the customer code and the operator manually lifted the iMessage blocking. After that I was immediately able to log-in with my Apple-ID and since then iMessage has been working normal again.

Here I sat doubting my Hackintosh while it was Apple's fault all the time. :D

Thanks for all the people contributing to this thread and extra thanks to jaymonkey for all the work.

@MackDaddy,

Thanks for your feedback, I too have GA-Z77-UD5H that has been working fine with iMessage for over two years, it was my first real ground-up Hackingtosh system (all hardware was bought specifically to run OSX), and was used for all the testing and development of the guide.

All my other OSX systems are working fine with iMessage and Latest iTunes update (11.3.1)

Since this latest issue that occurred around 8/9 Aug 2014, I can no longer log into iMessage, Have tried all the tricks and tried new S/N and SM-UUID injection but still not working, will continue to investigate. What System Type ID are you using ?, I am using iMac 13,2. Have checked all identifiers and all look ok ... this is a real strange issue as i've always been able to get iMessage to work on this system in the past ?

Cheers
Jay

Jay,

I am sorry for the confusion but I actually have a GA-Z77X-UP5-TH mother board but I think that is pretty close to what you have. It was affected by the SID bug a while back but I was able to work around it following part 2 of the this thread. I had imessages and facetime working just fine until the last itunes update. I went back over parts 1 and 2 of the guide since then and verified everything. I also generated a new S/N and UUID and tried that as well. No luck. icloud, itunes and app store still work, but no messages nor facetime. My System Type ID is Mac Pro 3,1.

Thanks!
Dave

I believe so as well. After unsuccessful attempts to fix iMessage I finally gave up when I got the error message with a customer code. Today I finally got around to calling Apple with the customer code and the operator manually lifted the iMessage blocking. After that I was immediately able to log-in with my Apple-ID and since then iMessage has been working normal again.

Here I sat doubting my Hackintosh while it was Apple's fault all the time. :D

Thanks for all the people contributing to this thread and extra thanks to jaymonkey for all the work.

Is your only Apple desktop/laptop product your Hackintosh? And who did you speak with at Apple? I called their paid support service and whoever picked up said there was no "lock" on my account.

I've never had any down time with iMessage before or after I updated to the latest iTunes. I've restarted many times and iMessage works.

Just for kicks I've logged out and in with iMessage and all is working well!

Not sure what it proves but I thought I mention not everyone is having problems with iMessage after iTunes update. As mentioned previously I use PayPal as my iTunes/App Store payment method. Don't know if that has anything to do with iMessage working correctly.

Is your only Apple desktop/laptop product your Hackintosh? And who did you speak with at Apple? I called their paid support service and whoever picked up said there was no "lock" on my account.

@jminiman,

You should only call Apple to lift a blocked/locked device if you get a iMessage alert asking you to contact Apple with a customer code. Not sure they can do anything until then .....

Cheers
Jay

Any reason to believe iMessage would just break itself one day? I haven't changed any SMBIOS settings for 5 months and today it won't let me login. Says there is an activation error and to try again later.

Anyone ever experience this? It works fine on my iDevices and MBP.

Kernel panic with FileNVRAM.dylib after installing Xcode 5.1.1 for OS 10.9.3

After I installed Xcode 5.1.1. to my x86 mac operating on OS 10.9.3, I came to face with kernel panic relating to FileNVRAM.dylib, or UUID.

Kernel panic occurs always when FileNVRAM.dylib 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 is installed AND there is nvram.####.plist in /Extra/modules that was created by FileNVRAM.dylib during the previous boot. (I suspected my external drives could be causing the problem, but disconnecting the drives didn't change the situation.)

Uninstallation of Xcode did not resolve the problem. Does anyone know the solution? Did Xcode change something in the system secretly?

At this moment, the only way I can do to avoid the problem is to uninstall FileNVRAM.dylib. So far, iMessage is working, but I am afraid sometime I would not be able to login to iMessage.

Thanks,

@jb509,

You could try re-injecting the EFI string for the NIC not marked as built-in, sometimes this string can change, use DPCIManger to generate the string. See Step 2 of Part-1 of the guide and scroll down to the 8th June update.

Generally for built-in Realtek NIC's on gigabyte motherboards there is no need to inject the EFI string manually, have you tried one of the other Realtek Kext network drivers ?, there are a few versions in the latest MultiBeast, generally i tend to go with LNX2MAC's version.

Check BIOS settings ? / Maybe BIOS update ?

Are both NIC working in Windows/Linux ?

Cheers
Jay

Jay,

Thanks for the tips. Both NICs are working under Windows.

I looked at my old Apple MacBook Pro the on-board Ethernet is Built-in but the Wi-Fi is not. Therefore I pulled the Wi-Fi card out, rebuilt the Network devices, injected the EFI string and re-install the Wi-Fi card. Now my Ethernet is en0 and is built-in. The Wi-Fi card is now en2 (I have two Realtek on board).

I try iMessage again but it ask me to call Apple Support for iMessage Registration.

I think I am heading the right direction. Will call Apple tomorrow. Finger crossed.

Thank you so much!

--
JB

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 7.06.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 7.06.34 PM.png
    148 KB · Views: 186
Any reason to believe iMessage would just break itself one day? I haven't changed any SMBIOS settings for 5 months and today it won't let me login. Says there is an activation error and to try again later.

I deleted all iMessage/Facetime related plists to no avail. As a last resort, I deleted all iMessage/Facetime plists again as well as deleting any com.apple.security*.plist in, I believe it was, ~/Library/Preferences. It may have been in /Library/Preferences.

I did this because Security Server would complain in console when trying to login to iMessage.

Rebooted and it worked first try. Not sure why it was borked, but it continues to work after a reboot.

Weird stuff.

Anyone ever experience this? It works fine on my iDevices and MBP.

@rockinwaggy,

It would seem that Apple are still experiencing some on going issues after the 'glitch' which effected their backend servers sometime around the 8th and 9th of Aug.

I deleted all iMessage/Facetime related plists to no avail. As a last resort, I deleted all iMessage/Facetime plists again as well as deleting any com.apple.security*.plist.

I too was suffering from the same issues on just one of my four hacks and had tried multiple attempts at re-activating iMessage via deleting the iMessage related plists, however i've just tried this morning and also deleted com.apple.security*.plist and now iMessage is working again.

As you say Weird stuff indeed, all previous fixes never involved having to reset com.apple.security*.plist so maybe the 'glitch' at Apples end caused some corruption to the values stored in these plist's or something has changed which requires them to be regenerated.

Thanks for your feedback and the tip, i've added it with a caveat to Step 4 of the Guide.

@All,

If you are still experiencing on-going issues with iMessage please see the update to Step 4 in Part-1 of the guide for details on deleting the additional plist's which may resolve your issue. Please note that these plist's form part of Apples OSX security system, so they may be unforeseen consequences, be careful, make a backup before removing. That said - so far my system is looking good, I have also reinstalled the iTunes 11.3.1 update and iMessage continues to work.

I was able to go back to using my original SM-UUID (from BIOS) and S/N

Cheers
Jay

Back