Contribute
Register
Great work Eco, I can confirm this worked for me as well!!!

My mobo is GA-EP45T-UD3LR.

I simply moved that nvmram.plist file as well as my old FileNVRAM.dylib to a folder marked "Unused" in my extra folder, downloaded the latest FileNVRAM.dylib from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286350-filenvram-112-released/ (searching for fileNVRAM.dylib (1.1.2)) and it worked!!!

Furthermore my imessage/facetime did too stop working after installing the latest iTunes... I had to google it to realize that was the culprit however. :)

Did you use 1.1.3 or 1.1.2? I tried 1.1.2 like the ecohector suggested after installing Chimera 2.2.1 (I was running Chimera 3.0.1 previously) and had no luck with it. My iMessage also failed after upgrading to iTunes 11.3.1. I was wondering, has anyone attempted to downgrade back to iTunes 11.3 to see if that helps at all.

I can confirm it worked for me as well.
My build is using the latest Chimera 3.0.1 (but I still used the NVRAM 1.1.2 files).
I have iTunes 11.3.1
Thanks Eco.

Fixed! Delete the old FileNVRAM.dylib and copied the new version 1.1.3, also delete the file nvram.xxxx.plist

Hi All- I'm also having the iMessage issue. However, I did want to note that I have yet to update iTunes to 11.3.1...I am still running the old version.

Edit: I tried the steps suggested above: reinstalling the FileNVRam file, deleting the nvram.plist file, and restarting. First, I tried FileNVRAM 1.1.3, with no luck. I then tried 1.1.2 with success! I'm using an older version of Chameleon, so that makes sense. Again, just to confirm, I have yet to update to the iTunes 11.3.1, so my problem was not linked directly to the update.

I've got a Z77-UD5H that isn't working either, all started after I install the iTunes update.
I tried using FileNVRM 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 to no success. Using Chimera 3.0.1.

I don't know why it worked the first time but it worked this time. I deleted the NVRAM.xxx.plist from Extras and replaced the old file with the 1.1.3 and Chimera 3.0.1 and it worked. This time I did run kext utility (which I am not sure if that did anything since it affects System/Library/Extensions) and i also did a Permissions Repair in disk utility, but it worked this time. I also tried restarting just t make sure and it still worked.

Add NIC EFI injection

I have both Wi-Fi card and on-board NIC on my Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. I can only make either ethernet Built-in but no both using the "Ethernet EFI String" injection.

Is it possible to make them both Built-in?

Attachments

• DPCIManager.png
    DPCIManager.png
    157.9 KB · Views: 213
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist.png
    org.chameleon.Boot.plist.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 206
I don't know why it worked the first time but it worked this time. I deleted the NVRAM.xxx.plist from Extras and replaced the old file with the 1.1.3 and Chimera 3.0.1 and it worked. This time I did run kext utility (which I am not sure if that did anything since it affects System/Library/Extensions) and i also did a Permissions Repair in disk utility, but it worked this time. I also tried restarting just t make sure and it still worked.

Not exactly sure why but I did all of these and it worked for me perfectly! Thank you very much! Just to recap I:

-Deleted nvram file in ~/Extras
-Installed Chimera 3.0.1
-Installed and ran KextBeast on desktop
-Replaced FileNVram in ~/Extras/modules folder with the file from this link: https://public.xzenue.com/downloads/

Then rebooted. Signed into Messages account and boom.

Thanks again to everyone that had input towards getting this working.

Back