Contribute
Register
Hello
My yesterday's post was deleted... I don't have the rift to say a word in particular, linked to the upcoming OSX...
I'm not very happy about it, but, never mind...

What I told yesterday, was that I have troubles to log in iMessage as many people here.
It works perfectly on my Macbook Air, but canot connect on my Hack (Maverick 10.9.4).

I backed up my settings in SMBios.plist I had from a previous Chameleon install.
I get some values with imessage_debug script as :
IOPlatformSerialNumber, IOPlatformUUID, board-id, product-name, ROM and MLB.
I get the system-id with : ioreg -l -p IODeviceTree | grep \"system-id
That was on the Chameleon install.

I freshly installed Mavericks 10.9.4 with cloverEFI (following a guide I found on this forum).
And I put those values in the config.plist of Clover folder.
Two days earlier, I was able to log in. But after I changed the Home folder to another drive, I had to log in again, and it failed with error asking to retry again. But I received on my MBA a popup message telling me that my 3 email adresses were authorized to log in iMessage, as every time I reconnect to iMessage on my Hack.

This morning, I tried to log in again, ant it was a success.

So, maybe you can try again now and it may works now...

++
Miles

Hello, My yesterday's post was deleted... I don't have the rift to say a word in particular, linked to the upcoming OSX... I'm not very happy about it, but, never mind...

@MilesTEG,

Yes, I do remember reading it but when i went back to reply it had gone, don't worry about it ..... rules are rules as they say ....

I freshly installed Mavericks 10.9.4 with cloverEFI (following a guide I found on this forum).
And I put those values in the config.plist of Clover folder.
Two days earlier, I was able to log in. But after I changed the Home folder to another drive, I had to log in again, and it failed with error asking to retry again. But I received on my MBA a popup message telling me that my 3 email adresses were authorized to log in iMessage, as every time I reconnect to iMessage on my Hack.

This morning, I tried to log in again, ant it was a success.

So, maybe you can try again now and it may works now...

Thanks for the feedback, it seems that quite a few people got iMessage working again by re-installing OSX either using Clover or Chimera/Chameleon.

However I believe that this was down to the fact that all of OSX's plists were re-created new. As detailed in post #973 above it appears that removing a few additional plists gets iMessage working again... Step 4 in Part-1 of the guide has been updated with this new info.

I also think that the 'glitch' that caused the outage on 8/9/10 of Aug 2014 may have effect others as it was rolled out across Apples network over the last week ?, things seem to be returning to normal, at least for the moment.

Cheers
Jay

I know this thread is very long however I would like to share my experience with this problem. My iMessages and FaceTime stopped working on my Hackintosh. I decided it was time to upgrade to Mavericks to see if that would resolve the issue, it did not. I was previously on 10.8.5.

I tried almost all the steps in this guide and nothing worked. I did not delete the com.apple.security files because that concerned me. Otherwise I followed every step in this guide. Nothing worked to resolve the problem.

I ran the 'nvram -x -p' command and saw some garbage in the output so I decided to run the command to clear the nvram boot args, 'sudo nvram boot-args""'. I deleted the nvram.UUID.plist and rebooted. FINALLY after deleting the problem nvram and letting it recreate I was able to login to iMessages and FaceTime. I have logged out several times and logged back in successfully. I will continue to test of the next week to verify it's actually fixed.

Just wanted to rely this information as I had tried everything else I could find and nothing worked.

Still can't get it working...

It's definitely user specific though. If I create a new account on my hack I can sign in and it works. Just not with my main account.

I think my mackintosh days are about over. Such a PITA to keep things working....

Still can't get it working...

It's definitely user specific though. If I create a new account on my hack I can sign in and it works. Just not with my main account.

I think my mackintosh days are about over. Such a PITA to keep things working....

Have you tried removing the security plists ?, see the revised Step 4 in Part 1 of the guide ...

Jay

Yep, tried several times. I delete all the listed files, reboot, no luck. I get the old "An error occurred during activation" message.

It's something user specific though. If I log in to the same machine as a new user, it's all good. There must be some other file/files that need deleting but I haven't found them yet.

Force quit 'securityd' and 'securityd_service' in Activity Monitor, THEN delete the files. You may have to quit them multiple times but I eventually got mine to not come back. Quit one then the other, vice versa if they persist on coming back.

Make sure you're emptying the trash! If it won't empty, because a plist is in use, download Trash(it)! and choose Really Stuck. Let the system set for a 2-3 minutes. Ensure the two processes are still NOT running and reboot. Report back after.

Trash(it) Link - http://www.nonamescriptware.com/downloads/

Force quit 'securityd' and 'securityd_service' in Activity Monitor, THEN delete the files. You may have to quit them multiple times but I eventually got mine to not come back. Quit one then the other, vice versa if they persist on coming back.

Make sure you're emptying the trash! If it won't empty, because a plist is in use, download Trash(it)! and choose Really Stuck. Let the system set for a 2-3 minutes. Ensure the two processes are still NOT running and reboot. Report back after.

Trash(it) Link - http://www.nonamescriptware.com/downloads/

Tried that. I even tried logging in as another user and deleting those files from my main account. nada

Back