Contribute
Register
I´ve just tested Chimera 3.0.1 and FileNVRAM 1.1.3 and that combination is in fact working on my UP5-TH

Everything´s fine according iMessage.

@arehep,

Thats good news, thanks for the feedback ....

Cheers
Jay

Hi,
Have now tried to follow your amazing guide with Chinemra 3.0 installed. How to Fix the SID Bug, Path B. Had FileNVRAM 1.1.2. but did not work.
Tried then to move 1.1.2 from extra folder and replace it with 1.1.3 and a regular boot. The combination Chinemra 3 and 1.1.3 work perfectly on GAZ87X-UD3H:D.

1000 thanks it's a great work that you do.
Regards Håkan who just made his first hackintosh:clap:.

Hi,
Have now tried to follow your amazing guide with Chinemra 3.0 installed. How to Fix the SID Bug, Path B. Had FileNVRAM 1.1.2. but did not work.
Tried then to move 1.1.2 from extra folder and replace it with 1.1.3 and a regular boot. The combination Chinemra 3 and 1.1.3 work perfectly on GAZ87X-UD3H:D.

1000 thanks it's a great work that you do.
Regards Håkan who just made his first hackintosh:clap:.

@Fest-is

Thanks for the feedback,

So to clarify are you saying that when using Chimera 3.0+ you must use FileNVRAM 1.1.3 in order for iMessage to work ?

It looks like that is the case but i want to confirm it before updating the guide ...

Cheers
Jay

Chimera 3.0+ worked fine for me (with the system that is currently in my sig) with v1.1.2

However, v1.1.3 also works perfectly fine, too. After updating to Chimera 3.0+, I updated to v1.1.3 like so:

Steps taken:

First, followed methods in your original post in this thread (on fresh install, generating new/random serial # was all that was necessary) with 1.1.2.

Then, installed 3.0.1 chimera.
Then, deleted 1.1.2 -> installed 1.1.3
Then, deleted old nvram.####.plist -> rebooted
iMessages works pefectly on a GA-Z87N-WiFi mobo

Not sure it works for everyone, but I too had problems with imessage saying i can not logon. I was on a fresh install (the same system) and could not logon, so after trying many times i booted up from them old system that imessage worked, and signed out, them booted up on the fresh install and signed on and it worked, so maybe it has something to do with the ethernet card id already having been logon..

Like i said it worked for me but i not a expert for sure....

UPDATE: After multiple attempts to install this fix under Chimera 2.2 on my UP5-TH MoBo using path A (every thing would go fine except that the NVRAM.plist would always be the generic number, quite possibly due to my error somewhere along the way) I decided to install Chimera 3.0 and use path B. I had to do it twice but it did finally generate the correct matching NVRAM.plist #. I did have to change my password to get iMessage to work. Running 10.9.2

iTunes Match now works too, which was my primary reason to apply this fix, my issues with the App store still persist but I don't think it's related to this issue (it wants to update my older pre App Store versions of iWork '09 and says it is the wrong Apple ID or the order was canceled - I bought it on a DVD!). I can sign in and download apps.

As a side note, I had success on z77x-D3H MoBo running Chimera 2.2 using path A on the first try. Running 10.8.5

Thank you everyone, especially JayMonkey, for the their efforts and just thought I would post my ¢.02 with regards to iTunes Match

So.

For all guys in Germany (and other countries) with a hackintosh:

I had just call the AppleCare-Hotline for germany. A Computer asking me for the Apple-Device(in my case - Mac Pro) and then for the serial-number for this device(look in "About this mac"/"Über diesen Mac"). I said him just the generated serial number from "Chameleon Wizard" and after a while in queue, the assistant switched me (with the validation code) free.

No stupid questions and really friendly guys on the hotline. So have no fear. It's really simple and it works.

Ruppi

I got a customer code when trying to login to the iMessage service and asked me to contact Apple with the code. I haven't done so before seeing this post. But when I tried to verify the serial number (Mac Pro 8,1) generated from "chameleon wizard" with Apple, it said it's not a valid serial number. Does anyone encounter this before?

Exactly so be it. Not until I switched fileNVRAM 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 so it worked. If something went wrong it was that after I received a random UUID and made ​​the following changes in Chamelon.boot.list and SMBIOS.plist. Then boot I do not if i-f but I did a normal boot (my keyboard did not work on the command then). When asked exactly makes me a little scared that I gave a simplified answer in my first answer. But now it is complete over the entire process.

regards Håkan

Hi everybody,

I did everything. Multiple times... I' m on 10.9.2 and have Chimera 3.0.1 and fileNVRAM 1.1.3.
The UUID.plist file in /Extra is correct and so is it in IORegistrty.
But when I want to login it says that my Apple ID is locked out etc and I need to contact apple.

The thing is, I tried 4 other Apple ID's and they are all locked out... But when I run my other OSX installation on another HDD all the SAME apple id's work... (I reinstalled OSX on my new 1TB HDD that I just got).

Does anybody knows why?

So I've been through the guide and I'm sure I could do more to test, but I found a really weird thing that I don't think is coincidence. I was able to login to iMessage and face time with no problem. But then when I logged into iCloud (system preferences), it automatically kicked me out of face time and iMessage.

I'm on a x79-up4 4930k

Does this seem like an indicator to anyone with more experience?

Back