Contribute
Register
Anyways here is how to change system ID under Clover:
Using Clover Configurator, check inject system ID option. Then put desired system ID into Custom UUID box. If inject system ID is unchecked, Custom UUID will be your hardware UUID.

@lisai9093

Thanks for the feedback,

I've updated the guide with a new bug fix path (Path C) for Clover users, if you have time could you please take a quick look at the section titled 'How to fix the SId Bug' in How to Fix iMessage - Part 2 and let me know if it makes sense for Clover users.

Cheers
Jay

As stated in the guide, if you are getting the iMessage alert to contact Apple with a Customer Code and you want to keep you existing AppleID then that is the only corse of action, the lockout is on your AppleID at apples end. It is not an issue to state you have a hackingtosh but you must have at least one valid Apple device registered against the AppleID.

There is nothing you can do locally to cleat the lockout, the only possible way around it would be (disconnect fro the iCloud, change your S/N & SystemId again, then create a new AppleID, then reconnect back to the iCloud, which should register your hack as a new device against a new user.

Hope you get it sorted
Cheers
Jay

Thanks Jay, you were very helpful again.
I will call, I don't want to change AppleID.

Just to understand better what is going on on my install, I posted a snippet of the bdmesg file from Chameleon Wizard that I post again:

Code:
SystemInformation:    manufacturer: Apple Computer, Inc.
    productName: MacPro3,1
    version: 1.0
    serialNumber: #########
    uuid: xxx-8004-####-####-E40700080009  (this is what I see in the nvram.uuid.plist file)
    wakeupReason: 0x6
    skuNumber: To be filled by O.E.M.
    family: Mac Pro
Customizing SystemID with : xxx-ebe9-####-####-535902ada4dd  (this is what I see in IOReg))
ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml
FADT: ACPI Restart Fix applied!
Found ACPI CPU: CPU0

Could you briefly explain (or, what is potentially going on) with the two different UUIDs?

In the meanwhile I modified the org.chameleon.plist to have the two match each other and I chose the one I never generated (I found it after installation): xxx-8004-####-####-E40700080009
It is true that the last numbers are "0700080009" as in the example you offered as SId bug (you wrote 00020003-0004-0005-0006-000700080009) but the first part doesn't look like one from a test/beta BIOS.
I am positive this one is actually unique, so I will call Apple and relax :), but still an explanation or an opinion would be welcome!

Thanks again

Also, may I suggest to write a comprehensive guide, instead of splitting the procedure in two posts here? it would be better placed among the other guides to install OS X.

Ok, So I am pretty sure that I have issue as noted in How to Fix iMessage - Part 2. I have the same symptoms and motherboard. I have re-run multi-beast 6.2.1 and have Chimera ver 2.2.1 as my bootloader I have followed Path A and all the steps there. However when I run the command sudo nvram boot-args="", it creates a new nvram.<uuid>.plist file with the bogus uuid: nvram.00020003-0004-0005-0006-000700080009.plist

I have installed FileNVRAM.dynlib and made the specified edits to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. I have also repaired permissions. However as stated above, when I run the nvram command it automatically creates the nvram.uuid.plist file with the bogus uuid in the file name. If I rename it with the correct generated uuid, when I report the bogus one is created.

Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance

Also, may I suggest to write a comprehensive guide, instead of splitting the procedure in two posts here? it would be better placed among the other guides to install OS X.

@rad-we

Unfortunately, there is a word limit to each post, I have been maintaining this guide for quite a while now and it continues to grow, the first part of the guide is very near the limit so i split it in-to two-parts in order to cover the recent iMessage issues in detail.

I don't have control over where the moderators move the guide to. I't originally started life as just a small post lost in the depths of the forum but its grown and grown and has been flagged by the moderators as one of the very few sticky's on the site which should people find it. If you think it would be better placed somewhere else on the site please let the moderators know, they are quick to respond to any sensible suggestions.

Cheers
Jay

Ok, So I am pretty sure that I have issue as noted in How to Fix iMessage - Part 2. I have the same symptoms and motherboard. I have re-run multi-beast 6.2.1 and have Chimera ver 2.2.1 as my bootloader I have followed Path A and all the steps there. However when I run the command sudo nvram boot-args="", it creates a new nvram.<uuid>.plist file with the bogus uuid: nvram.00020003-0004-0005-0006-000700080009.plist

I have installed FileNVRAM.dynlib and made the specified edits to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. I have also repaired permissions. However as stated above, when I run the nvram command it automatically creates the nvram.uuid.plist file with the bogus uuid in the file name. If I rename it with the correct generated uuid, when I report the bogus one is created.

Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance

@MackDaddy

Try deleting nvram.00020003-0004-0005-0006-000700080009.plist in /extra before rebooting, if that doesn't work try booting in safe or single mode and deleting the file then reboot.

Sounds very similar to what @rad-we is experiencing, let me know if the above helps.

Cheers
Jay

@MackDaddy

Try deleting nvram.00020003-0004-0005-0006-000700080009.plist in /extra before rebooting, if that doesn't work try booting in safe or single mode and deleting the file then reboot.

Sounds very similar to what @rad-we is experiencing, let me know if the above helps.

Cheers
Jay

Jay,
Thanks for your quick response! I tried what you suggested and rebooted with the -f boot flag. So now IOrRgisteryExplorer is showing the new generated UUID and Messages works!! The funny thing is that a new nvram.<uuid>.plist file was created and the uuid is still the bogus one. So maybe the file name is not critical after all? I can say the that messages is working again for now!! I will keep an eye on it and follow up with what I find.

Thanks for the great help!!

Dave

In case someone else is in my situation with the UUID lockout: I called Apple and I gave them the code, the Apple ID, the serial number of the "Mac" (after they tried to look for it without success I briefly mentioned it's not a Mac... they were surprised OSX still works) and they immediately unlocked iMessage.

I don't know why it doesn't sync correctly with my iPhone (usually I get on the iPhone both my posts and the other person's posts, this time mines are missing), but it's ok.

Thanks.

In case someone else is in my situation with the UUID lockout: I called Apple and I gave them the code, the Apple ID, the serial number of the "Mac" (after they tried to look for it without success I briefly mentioned it's not a Mac... they were surprised OSX still works) and they immediately unlocked iMessage.

I don't know why it doesn't sync correctly with my iPhone (usually I get on the iPhone both my posts and the other person's posts, this time mines are missing), but it's ok.

Thanks.
You should get a msg on your phone asking to authorise your hacingtosh as a device that can share its sms message services if you don't try removing then adding your iPhone number again in OSX iMessage account preferences, try setting the msg to originate from your iPhone not OSX device, thats how I have mine setup.

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jay,
I've been trying to get iMessage work for quite some time. However, I've noticed that the 'nvram.uuid.plist' in /Extra has never been created till now. Tried all the possible steps, Path A, Path B and Path C and yet I've never seen that file getting created. The /Extra folder is placed in the Root drive as well.
Any idea why this is occuring?
Facetime logs in but then I always get a "Facetime Failed" error message.
Have been updating the bootloader using the latest chimera available.

Specs -
i3 2120
B75M-D3H
8gb vengeance
sapphire amd 6670

:(

Back