Contribute
Register
Just updated to Chimera 3.0.1

iMessages does not work again, even with the UUID additions in SMBIOS and regenerating the NVRAM.

Tried both with FileNVRAM.dylib ver 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 and the results are the same.

I have followed all the instructions in Part1 and Part2 again about 4 times and it still will not work.

iMessage gives the error "An error occurred during activation. Try again."

Anyone with experience with Chimera 3,0,1?

My OSX is 10.9.2
Hardware is i7 3770 Z77PRO3

Thanks in advance

UPDATE:
It works now.

I left it overnight based on Chimera 3.0.1 and FileNVRAM 1.1.3 and logged in again the next morning and iMessage works, albeit with a few errors before being accepted. Strange. Nothing changed and nothing updated since, just time lapse. Perhaps their server needs time to acknowledge the UUID? Or I am having a case of midnight computer elves. :)

Anyway the only thing is Facetime and iMessage cannot seem to log in at the same time. Only one or the other but I am glad iMessage works for now. Perhaps some more time will help

UPDATE2: Both works fine now after logging off iMessage and logging in Facetime first and then signing in iMessage. There was a few errors but somehow it worked again after a while.

Thanks to Jaymonkey again for this fix.

Just to add my experience, in case anyone is on the verge like i was :banghead:

I tried all the possible steps _multiple_ times!

What did the trick for me was the expired credit card!

I put the details of the new card through the App Store account option, hit done and then tried to sign in Messages. Success!

It's all about the money, I guess :crazy:

Thanks a lot Jay for your help :thumbup:

Hello guys,

To begin with, I would like to thank everyone for all the tips you have been giving.

I re-installed my hackintosh and the first thing I have done was to get iMessage and FaceTime working. And I had no problems. But then, on App Store, I had a system update and iMessage/FaceTime stopped working. I've tried to do the same process all over again. I, also, have tried to clean all iMessages files related(step 4 I think).

I really don't know what do more :S

Edit: I don't know if it is important but: every time I reboot after this steps it asks me for my iCloud password. I thought it was good but the problem still exists. It also creates a new nvram file on /Extra.

I'm using fileNVRAM 1.3 and Chimera 3.0.1.

Just to add my experience, in case anyone is on the verge like i was :banghead:

I tried all the possible steps _multiple_ times!
What did the trick for me was the expired credit card!

I put the details of the new card through the App Store account option, hit done and then tried to sign in Messages. Success!

It's all about the money, I guess :crazy:
Thanks a lot Jay for your help :thumbup:

@TanTaran

Thanks for the feedback, glad the guide was able to help you.

Cheers
Jay

Hello guys,

To begin with, I would like to thank everyone for all the tips you have been giving.

I re-installed my hackintosh and the first thing I have done was to get iMessage and FaceTime working. And I had no problems. But then, on App Store, I had a system update and iMessage/FaceTime stopped working. I've tried to do the same process all over again. I, also, have tried to clean all iMessages files related(step 4 I think).

I really don't know what do more :S

Edit: I don't know if it is important but: every time I reboot after this steps it asks me for my iCloud password. I thought it was good but the problem still exists. It also creates a new nvram file on /Extra.

I'm using fileNVRAM 1.3 and Chimera 3.0.1.

@sojaaa

As in the above case, check that your AppleID is validated (use part-1 of the guide). Check Credit Card is OK, try changing your AppleID password and/or up date your account ID information. Sounds like the iMessage fix is working so i don't think you need to change anything locally.

Cheers
Jay

Finally working iMessage! It was a long 3 days!) Thank you very much! It was a Sid bug @ Asrock Z77 Pro3 with patched BIOS. using Chimera 2.2.1 and Nvram 1.1.2 is a good way to resolve the problem.
First, i`ve tried to fix the bug with chimera 3.0.1 and nvram 1.1.3, but had iMessage still not working, then i reinstalled chimera with multibeast(and other options, that i`ve choose in first installation), replaced nvram, and repeated the Part-2 of instructions.
Thank you again!

Finally working iMessage! It was a long 3 days!) Thank you very much! It was a Sid bug @ Asrock Z77 Pro3 with patched BIOS. using Chimera 2.2.1 and Nvram 1.1.2 is a good way to resolve the problem.
First, i`ve tried to fix the bug with chimera 3.0.1 and nvram 1.1.3, but had iMessage still not working, then i reinstalled chimera with multibeast(and other options, that i`ve choose in first installation), replaced nvram, and repeated the Part-2 of instructions.
Thank you again!

@igayka

Thanks for your post and feedback, very interesting .... I wonder if there may be some slight incompatibility in Chimera 3+ with certain hardware and/or bios... given that its only a week old its not out of the question.

@sojaaa

Based on @igayka experience above and few others (see previous page) maybe you should try backing out to Chimera 2.2.1 and FileNVRAM 1.1.2 (use path A in part-2 of the guide)

Might be worth a try ?
Cheers
Jay

@igayka

Thanks for your post and feedback, very interesting .... I wonder if there may be some slight incompatibility in Chimera 3+ with certain hardware and/or bios... given that its only a week old its not out of the question.
Actually, i chose another smbios.plist in System Definitions of Multibeast before iMessage start working. I am newbie (my first hackintosh) and don`t know, may be it is important

Been out for 1 week, turned the PC on, iMessage stopped working. No update installed or any change whatsoever.... :( Now I have to call Apple again... (I already went through both Part 1 and 2).

@icezar

Are you getting the iMessage alert with a customer code and requested to call Apple again ?, if so that is odd, i dont think anyone else has had to call Apple more than once to remove the device/uuid lockout ?

Actually, i chose another smbios.plist in System Definitions of Multibeast before iMessage start working. I am newbie (my first hackintosh) and don`t know, may be it is important

@igayka

The System Definition ID can have a large effect on the stability and performance of OSX all my systems are using 3,1 for desktop's and 8,1 for laptop's only change it if your sure it's going to work, also be careful as changing the System Def ID and not the S/N can cause miss-match issues (the first two digits of the S/N must match the System Def ID type).

Cheers
Jay

Thank you, reseting my password worked!

@sojaaa

As in the above case, check that your AppleID is validated (use part-1 of the guide). Check Credit Card is OK, try changing your AppleID password and/or up date your account ID information. Sounds like the iMessage fix is working so i don't think you need to change anything locally.

Cheers
Jay

Back