Contribute
Register
Buying a real MacBook shouldn't have an impact as long as you're using the same logon credentials in your Apple account. Try this method, Log into your account and remove all instances of your hack, now log out of iCloud, iTunes, App Store etc. Remove your ethernet cable from the hack or if using wifi disconnect and stay off until the next part is complete. Now try injecting the original values that worked before you updated the BiOS. When this is done reboot and check the values you just injected has remained the same, if all looks ok connect to internet, log into your account via 'System Preferences' -> 'iCloud' with your Apple ID. At this point you should get notification on your other device/devices about another device logging onto your account, just accept, you will then get a code to enter (I think if Two Step Verification was setup), iMsg/F-Time will be automatically be implemented on the hack. Good luck.

Hello everyone,

I have a problem too, for a long time everything worked for me, Continuity, FaceTime and Imessenger.
But I don't know when it happened, I thing after I updated my bios, now I can't get FaceTime and Imessenger to work.

When I try I get the "an error occurred during activation".

It worked for months, and nothing else changes except for the last update.

I tried generating a new ROM key, and updated the FakeSMC, but it doest work.
My Serialnumber is also unique,

Can it be because I bought a real MacBook?
A very similar thing happened to me.
I had a computer working perfectly and then following a BIOS upgrade it all stopped.
It took me quite a while to realise that the BIOS upgrade had removed native NVRAM support.
Once I installed EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts everything returned to normal.

I have a problem activating iMessage... got this error:

An error occurred during activation. Try again.

I try to use an old @me.com account and I realize that iMessage does not be activated on my iPhone as well with that account. So I restore the iPhone as a new one and create a new Apple ID and iMessage was activated successful with the new Apple ID.
I think that maybe the problem was that old Apple ID, but not I still got the same error in the computer (An error occurred during activation. Try again.)

I read the guides, this one and several more on the web.

I change the Serial Number an appears to be good according to https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ (If you see the message "We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again" and the Serial Number has passed verification at everymac.com then it is OK to use this Serial Number for your config.plist.)

iMessageDebug appears to be fine.

Question! How do I know if my NVRam info is okay?

Hey esafeddie,

I tried this, everything is working except imessenger and FaceTime,
even handoff is working, I don't understand, I also made a new serial number and everything.
It just can't seem to activate,

Hey esafeddie,

I tried this, everything is working except imessenger and FaceTime,
even handoff is working, I don't understand, I also made a new serial number and everything.
It just can't seem to activate,

The forum is full of cases such as yours unfortunately, I would suggest reframe from constantly changing and injecting different values as you'll only compound the problem even further, if you're confident you've taken the correct course to make it work. The problem is not the setup as such but it's Apple's way of scrutinising the security risk (as it is not one of their genuine Apple devices) posed by your hack on the iMsg/F-Time servers. Go into your account in iCloud and remove any previous attempts of your hack if any are there leaving only your current one.

Also resist the constant attemps logging into iMsg/F-Time every time you turn your machine on for the time being, this method seems to work for some who found that they could logon after a period of time had passed. Another reported method of success was doing a subtle change to one's Apple ID, what ever method work it's all down to the Apple Servers security methods I'm afraid. Good luck.

A very similar thing happened to me.
I had a computer working perfectly and then following a BIOS upgrade it all stopped.
It took me quite a while to realise that the BIOS upgrade had removed native NVRAM support.
Once I installed EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts everything returned to normal.

Hey P1lgrim,

Thank you so much, I installed the EmuVariableUefi-64 and the RC scripts and it's working now !
Also Big thanks to esafeddie! all is working for now :)

Thank you so much, I installed the EmuVariableUefi-64 and the RC scripts and it's working now !
Also Big thanks to esafeddie! all is working for now :)

How do I download and install EmuVariable64 and the rc scripts? I thinks that is what I need to do as well. Im using clover configurator and I don't see that as an option anywhere. Do I have to download them externally?

Thanks so much!

Back