Contribute
Register
I have everything working except imessage. I am suspecting may be my pc does not have nvram support. Can someone tell me how to check if my pc has nvram support? I have folliwed the idiot guide to imessage and used the imessage debug but so far it is not working.

I am running HP Compaq 6200 SFF
i7 2600
GTX 1050 ti
High Sierra latest version installed using legacy

This may be obvious to some, sorry if that is the case.

I am new to all this and looking to see what I need to do when I have finished building the hardware etc. I have downloaded the various tools and guides but have just come across this thread. Being 707 pages long, no doubt some of the info is well out of date and may no longer be relevant.
This is the first place I have seen anything mentioned about generating serial numbers etc etc.
Is there somewhere on the site that has all this info condensed to what is relevant at the current time?

I have a z370 motherboard and 8700K cpu on order (it will be a dual boot system) and an old Nvidia 1060 graphics card.

Thanks in advance for any help.

This may be obvious to some, sorry if that is the case.

I am new to all this and looking to see what I need to do when I have finished building the hardware etc. I have downloaded the various tools and guides but have just come across this thread. Being 707 pages long, no doubt some of the info is well out of date and may no longer be relevant.
This is the first place I have seen anything mentioned about generating serial numbers etc etc.
Is there somewhere on the site that has all this info condensed to what is relevant at the current time?

I have a z370 motherboard and 8700K cpu on order (it will be a dual boot system) and an old Nvidia 1060 graphics card.

Thanks in advance for any help.

For the moment ignore the extensive Guide (How to Fix iMessage) and throughly read this
An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

I'm stuck at serial number validation. Apple's website keeps telling me that the SN is either invalid (not good) or in use (not good either) I cant seem to get the error message that the SN isn't in the database (thus being valid but not in use).

I've tried 50+ SNs now randomly generated by Clover for an iMac17,1 device (that's my hackintosh device type). I've been blocked out from using the get support page on 3 of my devices (not sure how long that block lasts).

Has apple changed their SN tool to only show "Valid + in-use" or "invalid" ?

You really should take time to read the 'Guide' - which covers the subject - 'When checking your S/N and it comes up invalid then it is good to use as it means that it is not registered on Apple's data base as one of their own and is most likely unique to your rig only'. Hope that helps.

You really should take time to read the 'Guide' - which covers the subject - 'When checking your S/N and it comes up invalid then it is good to use as it means that it is not registered on Apple's data base as one of their own and is most likely unique to your rig only'. Hope that helps.

From the guide

Finally, if you get the message :-

We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again

Then the S/N is either black-listed or failing the OSX S/N validation checks, do not use it - generate new S/N and try again.

So I’m not entirely sure what you mean by if it’s invalid it’s good since this directly counters that thought.

I need to get the message “We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again” otherwise I can’t cross this off of my list of potential issues

Like I said you need to read the Guide to get exactly what is needed here -'If you see the message "We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again" and the Serial Number has passed verification at everymac.com then it is OK to use this Serial Number for your config.plist'.

If you've checked your formulated S/N on everyman.com and it came back as a rig as close as possible a Mac model to your setup, then despite what it says on the Apple site, as long as it says 'invalid' you are good to go. I don't know how much clearer I can make the process for you to understand. Good luck.

Back