Contribute
Register
Wouldn’t that effect my mbp? I would like to solve this without breaking it.

I think it would not break your mbp. I've read that others used cloned values of real mac and had succeeded, but otherwise users said that is no need to clone values as this guide says. As long as this guide does not work for you and that you have a legit mac and is yours you can try it , and if it breaks you can remove it (the hack) from your apple id and call apple to reset your is on their severs to work again, but i think it would not be the case, for example if we (ones that cannot make it work) are still able to use imessage on our iphone's and having attached to our account a device that is not working, and thus not breaking the iphones imessage, it would not break the mbp either. (hope it makes sense).

this (if it works) will prove that serial nr generated by CLOVER is ok and accepted but not SmUUID or MLB or ROM ... i for one would have tried if had one legit Mac. Something (SMBios values, RtVariables)breaks the security checks on apple servers(only for some users, don't know why), and not activates the account on imessage. What is strange is that why hacks are allowed to sign to icloud, keychain, photos, 2 steps verification, apple app store in which u use real money to buy products (which all involves security checks- i think greater than imessage ). something differs from icloud to imessage , but don't know what
still as i know a hack would not let you create a new apple id, only to use it- one already created on apples site, with a iphone, ipad, or with a legit mac (at least me if i try to create a new apple id on a new created hack at the end of the process i get a error letting me know that the account could not be created.
thank you and waiting for feedback), and my thought here is that: invalid serial product, but still why are you allowed to connect (with this serial from hack), with a already created account?

Hello
Just found out the following : if you have the right MLB and ROM it would log in ... regardless your Serial . I just managed to log in for the first time... now will backup rom and smbios.... and keep them safe. :)

@liniaunu Sorry for late reply, didn't have time to check.

I have done some research and found that using rom and mlb from a real mac triggers a security check. Therefore, I won't be using values from my mpb.

Hello
Just found out the following : if you have the right MLB and ROM it would log in ... regardless your Serial . I just managed to log in for the first time... now will backup rom and smbios.... and keep them safe. :)
I have made a new install again with UseMacAddr0 as ROM and after filling all the values while internet disabled used simplemlb(after rebooting when necessary) to create MLB but still didn't work. Now I am going to try using

May I ask you how did you manage to get the right MLB and ROM?

Edit: usemacaddr0 and mlb from MacGen didn’t work.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Its been a while since i posted in this thread and done any major investigations with iMessage so i have a question ...

Back when i wrote the guide it was important to ensure that the OSX SN matched the SMBIOS type as detailed in section 4.1 :-
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/#post-962415

But i'm wondering if this is still the case ... ?

I have a kaby lake dev system currently running OSX 10.12.6 SMBIOS MacBookAir7,2 ....
I'm interested in experimenting with HWP power management which means switching to a SMBIOS of 14,2

Has anybody here recently switched SMBIOS type without changing the SN to match .. if so does iMessage, FT .. etc still work ? ... Apple have loosened iMessage dependancies in recent years so i'm curious if its still a requirement to have a matching system SN ..

Just thought i'd ask here before trying ...

Thanks guys
Jay

Hey Guys,

Its been a while since i posted in this thread and done any major investigations with iMessage so i have a question ...

Back when i wrote the guide it was important to ensure that the OSX SN matched the SMBIOS type as detailed in section 4.1 :-

I have a kaby lake dev system currently running OSX 10.12.6 SMBIOS MacBookAir7,2 ....
I'm interested in experimenting with HWP power management which means switching to a SMBIOS of 14,2

Has anybody here recently switched SMBIOS type without changing the SN to match .. if so does iMessage, FT .. etc still work ? ... Apple have loosened iMessage dependancies in recent years so i'm curious if its still a requirement to have a matching system SN ..

Thanks guys
Jay
I never managed to make iMessage work until i met a colleague that had a macbookpro 8.2 which he "only" uses it since he works as a dj and never uses macos or any apple service.
I told him and said take whatever you need from it since i wont ever use it for anything else.
I can confirm that only MLB & Rom are important.
What i did is i just took his ROM & MLB from hid macbookpro 8.2
Generated my own Serial Number & UUID
Pasted his ROM & MLB.
iMessage worked and never ever had issues with it.
I mainly use it on my L440 (SMBIOS 11.1)
And did same steps on my B570e (SMBIOS 8.1)
So from my experience that i tried every possible way to fix it also of calling apple support i never made it until i got mlb & rom from him.
So my experience:
MLB & Rom is the only important value.
Smbios doesn't matter,neither serial number or UUID.

Hey Guys,

Thanks guys
Jay

Awhile back when i was experimenting with two different SMBIOS's i found that you can keep the same Values but not Serial Number. Make sure that you log out of Apples Services first. If you use the Same Serial Number from MacBookAir7,2 with iMac 14,2 it will show it as a MacBook Air in About This Mac.

I never managed to make iMessage work until i met a colleague that had a macbookpro 8.2 which he "only" uses it since he works as a dj and never uses macos or any apple service.
I told him and said take whatever you need from it since i wont ever use it for anything else.
o from my experience that i tried every possible way to fix it also of calling apple support i never made it until i got mlb & rom from him.

Understood but as detailed in the guide using a stolen identity can lead to your (or worse his) apple id being blocked if he ever logs into to iCloud services .... see section 7.2 of the guide

Awhile back when i was experimenting with two different SMBIOS's i found that you can keep the same Values but not Serial Number. Make sure that you log out of Apples Services first. If you use the Same Serial Number from MacBookAir7,2 with iMac 14,2 it will show it as a MacBook Air in About This Mac.

@VioletDragon ...

Thats what i figured but worth asking ... Will stick to my tried and tested method and generate new ID's & SN

Cheers
Jay

Only with valid values

Hi Jay - good to see you! - I did make the mistake once of switching SmBIOS without changing the S/N and iMessage/F-Time was still functional. Just think about it, some individuals in desperation to get iMsg/F-Time to work, are using values completely different from their setup and seems to be ok.

Back