Contribute
Register
I'll try that, should I stick with the MLB that I was working on with Apple or generate a new one?

In my experience once you get totally stuck in the call Apple loop (you've called multiple times .. no fix) then its best to logout out of all iCloud services .. turn of Wifi (or unplug ethernext) and go back to basics .. create a new set of ID's (SMUUID, MLB,ROM,S/N) .. check that they are valid but unregistered ... and try again.

Its a Pain ... i know but it sounds like one of your id's has got listed in Apples black list ... the only way around it is to make sure you generate a completely new identity for your system .. ALL ID's must be different to your current ones.

Thats what i would do in your position ..

Jay

using a serial number found on the internet to activate Imessage for about 3 months can cause some problem in the future ..?

View attachment 276684 For the life of me I cannot get my iMessage to work in MAC OS SIERRA. It ALMOST works, but in the end, still gives me the error message "Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again." I have followed the guide at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/ three times now and to no avail.

After following all of the steps I attempt to sign into iMessage. iMessage then asks me for a verification code that it sends to my mac and iPhone. After entering the 2 step verification code i then get the error message "Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again."

Things I have done and checked so far:
1) My ethernet adapter is en0, and my wireless en1.
2) My hardware system definition is 17,1.
3) I checked to be sure I don't have the SId bug, in which I don't.
4) My serial number is not registered with apple, and cleared the "Everymac.com" test.
5) I reset all of my settings and configuration files related to messages.
6) Read through the entirety of https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/#TOP5

I'm at a loss here. Please help!!!!

I have the same issue here...

Glad to know I'm not the only one. What identifier are you using for your hack? The only thing I haven't tried is switching my identifier to match a Mac with an NVIDIA card (i.e. old Mac Pro). I'm not sure that will really help though. This seems like some other issue.
I'm using MacPro6,1 and I have a 1050ti installed.

So I just got an Apple representative to validate my customer code, but iMessage and FaceTime still give the same error with the same code. So flipping annoying! Anyone have the same problems? Any advice is appreciated

Glad to know I'm not the only one. What identifier are you using for your hack? The only thing I haven't tried is switching my identifier to match a Mac with an NVIDIA card (i.e. old Mac Pro). I'm not sure that will really help though. This seems like some other issue.

Matching (or not) matching OSX SMBIOS to your installed GPU will not effect iMessage functionality ..
It can is some cases unlock some OSX display performance enhancements .. but it only really applies to AMD users.
Regardless of SMBIOS type any supported AMD or Nvidia GPU can be injected via clover or custom SSDT to just about any SMBIOS type.

Cheers
Jay

My rom value is valid, got 31 again, tried apple support again, I checked with imessages debug

Does error 31 generate a customer code ? ... it never used to ... see Tip 2 in chapter 2.2 ... note warning in RED ..

Error 31 (See Section 2.3 of the main guide) means there is an error in validating your MLB or ROM id on the Apple servers resulting in no security token being sent back to your machine which causes OSX to disable the iMessage service.

If you attempt to connect to Apples iM servers more than a few times with the same invalid ROM/MLB then the id's will be blacklisted .. in other words your screwed, Apple help desk wont be able to help and unless they are top tier almost all help desk representatives will not have access to the black list databases ... so they will not be able to tell you that some or all of your ID's are black listed.

The only fix .. as i've told countless people .. countless times is to completely change the identity of your system .. You need to do the following :-

1. Logout from ALL Apple iCloud services.
2. From windows (or anther mac) log into iCloud web site and remove the offending device (in settings)
3. Disable network (unplug ethernet or turn off wifi)
4. Reset all IM configuration plists
5. Reset Network Configuration & Check BSD names
6. Create the following new id's for your hack .. (you can use clover's generator these days)
  • New SMUUID (which will automatically cause OSX to generate a new platform UUID)
  • New Serial Number (make sure it's correct for the SMBIOS your using and valid but unregistered)
  • New ROM and MLB (do not use MAC address for ROM .. Apple blocks some MAC addr's prefix's automatically
Do not enable network in OSX until you check the following

7. Check and recheck the new id's are correct and as close to what they would be for a real mac (use the guide)
8. Do not assume that clovers generated id's are correct .. sometimes it gets things wrong
9. Ensure your iCloud account is verified

Once your 100% happy with the new identity enable the network, cross your fingers and give it a go.

If you've done everything right then there is no reason why it should not work ... if you get an error turn off the network ASAP and check all id's .. don't not keep trying ... if you do it will get blocked (again)

As a last resort try creating a new user account (admin) on you hack, associate your icloud account and try it again ... this can sometimes get things working ..

Good Luck
Jay

Last edited:
Does error 31 generate a customer code ? ... it never used to ... see Tip 2 in chapter 2.2 ... note warning in RED ..

Error 31 (See Section 2.3 of the main guide) means there is an error in validating your MLB or ROM id on the Apple servers resulting in no security token being sent back to your machine which causes OSX to disable the iMessage service.

If you attempt to connect to Apples iM servers more than a few times with the same invalid ROM/MLB then the id's will be blacklisted .. in other words your screwed, Apple help desk wont be able to help and unless they are top tier almost all help desk representatives will not have access to the black list databases ... so they will not be able to tell you that some or all of your ID's are black listed.

The only fix .. as i've told countless people .. countless times is to completely change the identity of your system .. You need to do the following :-

1. Logout from ALL Apple iCloud services.
2. From windows (or anther mac) log into iCloud web site and remove the offending device (in settings)
3. Disable network (unplug ethernet or turn off wifi)
4. Reset all IM configuration plists
5. Reset Network Configuration & Check BSD names
6. Create the following new id's for your hack .. (you can use clover's generator these days)
  • New SMUUID (which will automatically cause OSX to generate a new platform UUID)
  • New Serial Number (make sure it's correct for the SMBIOS your using and valid but unregistered)
  • New ROM and MLB (do not use MAC address for ROM .. Apple blocks some MAC addr's prefix's automatically
Do not enable network in OSX until you check the following

7. Check and recheck the new id's are correct and as close to what they would be for a real mac (use the guide)
8. Do not assume that clovers generated id's are correct .. sometimes it gets things wrong
9. Ensure your iCloud account is verified

Once your 100% happy with the new identity enable the network, cross your fingers and give it a go.

If you've done everything right then there is no reason why it should not work ... if you get an error turn off the network ASAP and check all id's .. don't not keep trying ... if you do it will get blocked (again)

As a last resort try creating a new user account (admin) on you hack, associate your icloud account and try it again ... this can sometimes get things working ..

Good Luck
Jay
That's what I needed to hear. After searching through the Console, I get the same error 31. And yes, It does give me a customer code. I will definitely take your steps and report back tomorrow.

EDIT: Error 31 now produces a Customer Code (Just to throw you off!)

Last edited:
UPDATE: So I have redone my ENTIRE system and get the same results. This is where it gets weird. Looking over the console, "identityserviced" reports three separate errors.
It gives:
Registration failed for <private> (Error: 31)
Failed, server registration unsupported => Disabling service

Server denied registration support
Now, according to the error codes above, 31 is MLB/ROM related, but "Failed, server registration unsupported => Disabling service" is listed as error 33. So why two separate errors? For the record, I have not called Apple to register my new CustomerCode. Why are only specific people getting these constant errors?

"Example: MacPro 6,1 with a S/N starting with C0 or CK would be invalid as the new Mac Pro is only manufactured in Austin TX, USA so could never have a S/N prefix of C0 (Taiwan) or CK (Cork - Ireland) ... this is purely a theory at the moment but could explain what why some users are having trouble especially those using MacPro 6,1... I am investigating this trail of thought further and will update the guide soon."
You may be onto something here, I use MP 6,1

I'm using MacPro6,1 and I have a 1050ti installed.

Just out of curiosity, does your FaceTime and iMessage work with your Apple ID (email address not phone number) on your iPhone? Mine does not, so I contacted apple and they said I was blacklisted for being a suspected commercial spammer. They pushed me up to a senior advisor, placed my account in escalation mode to engineering, and said they will get back to me in 48 hours. If you can't enable iMessage and FaceTime on your iPhone using your Apple ID, I would try calling apple.

Back