Contribute
Register
Hi Jay - good to see you! - I did make the mistake once of switching SmBIOS without changing the S/N and iMessage/F-Time was still functional. Just think about it, some individuals in desperation to get iMsg/F-Time to work, are using values completely different from their setup and seems to be ok.

@esafeddie and all who responded to my query ...
It would seem that there are more 'yes' you can change SMBIOS without updating S/N than No ...

Very interesting ...

I'm wondering if its a case that the S/N is only checked for compliance when you register/create iCloud account ?
After which only mlb & rom are checked against the IM authentication watchdog packets .... as already known.

Will do some experiments ...
Cheers
Jay

@esafeddie and all who responded to my query ...
It would seem that there are more 'yes' you can change SMBIOS without updating S/N than No ...

Very interesting ...

I'm wondering if its a case that the S/N is only checked for compliance when you register/create iCloud account ?
After which only mlb & rom are checked against the IM authentication watchdog packets .... as already known.

Will do some experiments ...
Cheers
Jay

Yes, like @esafeddie said, you can use your Serial Number on different SMBIOS, it will work, but what i wanted to point out is that MLB & Rom "Matching" or "generated proper values" of those two is what allows you to use the iMessage & FaceTime services (based on my experience)
you can fell free to generate a new Serial number for your new SMBIOS and a new UUID and then just paste the working MLB & Rom and your iMessage should work without a problem.

I keep getting error 31 in console and the pop up to contact apple.
I contacted them and no matter how many times they did the thing with the code it wouldn't work. Eventually they led me to clear nvram (I used terminal instead of the power keys they wanted me to) and I did and it still wouldn't work. ICloud worked, and it was syncing with iCloud, but imessages and facetime wouldn't

I tried clearing caches and such

I tried different serial numbers and MLB

I made sure my serial was valid and set Rom to Usemacadd0

I'm using clover vibrant configurater , if I add the trust variable mds_stores throttles my I/O and cpu
Besides the point as it doesn't work either

Made sure my serials were sticking with reboots and imessages debug Stuck.

Halp

I keep getting error 31 in console and the pop up to contact apple.
I contacted them and no matter how many times they did the thing with the code it wouldn't work. Eventually they led me to clear nvram (I used terminal instead of the power keys they wanted me to) and I did and it still wouldn't work. ICloud worked, and it was syncing with iCloud, but imessages and facetime wouldn't

I tried clearing caches and such

I tried different serial numbers and MLB

I made sure my serial was valid and set Rom to Usemacadd0

I'm using clover vibrant configurater , if I add the trust variable mds_stores throttles my I/O and cpu
Besides the point as it doesn't work either

Made sure my serials were sticking with reboots and imessages debug Stuck.

Halp

Is your rom value valid ... check OSX injected value using imessage debug ...i always use a generated rom value rather than derived from onboard MAC address values ... see main guide

Jay

Is your rom value valid ... check OSX injected value using imessage debug ...i always use a generated rom value rather than derived from onboard MAC address values ... see main guide

Jay
I'll try that, should I stick with the MLB that I was working on with Apple or generate a new one?

Is it even possible to check generated serial numbers on the check coverage page anymore?
Must have tried over 50 serials, found 0 valid but unregistered, but quite a few valid and real numbers that are in used.
Usually it just returns invalid serial.

Is it even possible to check generated serial numbers on the check coverage page anymore?
Must have tried over 50 serials, found 0 valid but unregistered, but quite a few valid and real numbers that are in used.
Usually it just returns invalid serial.

If you checked a S/N and it returns not valid then it's good to use as it means that it is not assigned to a real Mac on Apple's Data base and is unique to your hack. Hope that helped.

Jay
My rom value is valid, got 31 again, tried apple support again, I checked with imessages debug

Back