Contribute
Register
Hey folks. So I just got my Hackintosh set up yesterday. Now trying to get Messages to work. I followed the instructions this morning from the Idiots Guide to fix iMessage. ROM and BSN were both failing but got that sorted following the instructions.

However, after everything, Messages just simply shows as inactive. Any ideas and what I can check or fix for this?
Attached photos of before and after debug showing matching values and relevant screens from CCV.

Appreciate any help.

Tom

Attachments

• IMDebug1.png
    IMDebug1.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 185
  • IMDebug2.png
    IMDebug2.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 208
  • MessagesInactive.png
    MessagesInactive.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 216
  • RTVar.png
    RTVar.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 226
  • SMBIOS.png
    SMBIOS.png
    184 KB · Views: 207
Hey folks. So I just got my Hackintosh set up yesterday. Now trying to get Messages to work. I followed the instructions this morning from the Idiots Guide to fix iMessage. ROM and BSN were both failing but got that sorted following the instructions.

However, after everything, Messages just simply shows as inactive. Any ideas and what I can check or fix for this?
Attached photos of before and after debug showing matching values and relevant screens from CCV.

Appreciate any help.

Tom
I would try this:

1. Change the SmUUID field to the System-ID shown on iMessageDebug text (xxx-48995) and use the same # for Custom UUID field on System Parameters screen

2. Copy Board Serial Number (xxxx6521H) to MLB field on Rt Variables screen

3. Copy ROM # (XXXd8bd3) on iMessageDebug text to ROM field on Rt Variables screen

@ Tomc71 - I've taken another look at your values and there are some errors in the formulation, Your SmUUID is incorrect on two counts, the last 6 characters are the same as the ROM value (Your MAC address) which makes me think you did not use 'uuidgen' (without the quotes) in 'Terminal' to get the value, also all the letters should be capitalised. I suggest keeping the Mac s/n and the MLB value but discard the old SmUUID and formulate a new SmUUID value the correct way and inject the values again.

I would try this:

1. Change the SmUUID field to the System-ID shown on iMessageDebug text (xxx-48995) and use the same # for Custom UUID field on System Parameters screen

2. Copy Board Serial Number (xxxx6521H) to MLB field on Rt Variables screen

3. Copy ROM # (XXXd8bd3) on iMessageDebug text to ROM field on Rt Variables screen
Hello
what do you mean by change the SmUUID? Generate a New One by uuidgen And then use the old(repoaced),value to Custom UUID.

I have to Say that i sos changed my SmUUUID and got a Hardware ID : failure under imessage debug. (adding at Custom UUID the SmUUID - it's not present in the idiots guide)

after this i have to say icloud requested me to renter the icloud password, but still imessage not working - troes up the call customer support.

regenerated a new uuid using uuidgen command and then deleted the Custom UUID. disconnected network, deleted the icloud-imessage related files,restarted (this time using same serial nr and same MLB and same ROM -mac Adress0, and now in my apple id i have 3 macbooks all with same number. :)), this men's that SmUUID has to do a lot with imessage not working. after i created the new SmUUID and deleted the Custom UUID the Hardware ID is showing up in imessage debug but is a new value (new from the old -first one, and it is automatically generated). Also when i inserted the SmUUID in the Custom UUID and got the hardware ID failure in immesage debug the Custom UUID it's showing as my SmUUID nr in imessage debug... regardless if i (in clover put a new generated SmUUID - and thus getting the hardware ID: failure.

So i thin you post is wrong.

i cannot get it to work (immesage), every time i get call customer code , on new setup, with new ids old ids

it s so annoying.

the values stik upon reboot as is inject them with clover.

thank you for any help

Attachments

• IMG_0175.PNG
    IMG_0175.PNG
    118.7 KB · Views: 87
@liniaunu This is how I do mine and it works every single time when I build a new one from scratch.

1. In SMBIOS screen, click the up-down button to select a mac (e.g.: iMac18,3 or whatever you have). This generates a new Serial and Board Serial Number
2. Run uuidgen a few times to get a SmUUID, then copy this SmUUID to Custom UUID
3. Copy the Board Serial ID to MLB
4. On Rt Variables, enter the system's MAC address for ROM

You might have left out the step where you need to go to iCloud or appleid.apple.com and remove the machine from the list there. Perhaps that is the reason why you have 3 of the same machine.

@liniaunu This is how I do mine and it works every single time when I build a new one from scratch.

1. In SMBIOS screen, click the up-down button to select a mac (e.g.: iMac18,3 or whatever you have). This generates a new Serial and Board Serial Number
2. Run uuidgen a few times to get a SmUUID, then copy this SmUUID to Custom UUID
3. Copy the Board Serial ID to MLB
4. On Rt Variables, enter the system's MAC address for ROM

You might have left out the step where you need to go to iCloud or appleid.apple.com and remove the machine from the list there. Perhaps that is the reason why you have 3 of the same machine.

hello again
1. selecting a mac will not generate serial number... you will have to press the shake button... the mlb is to generate with simplemlb.sh

2. on your other post you did not said that ... you said to copy SmUUID to Custom UUID in system property's tab in clover...

4 i did that

i guessed that this (copying the SmUUID - to the Custom ID) would fix my not ever single time working imessage. but it did not.

as i said i have 3 same machines all with same serial number! only by changing the SmUUID and copying it to Custom ID in System Preferences.

So either i did not understand what you said or you and "easafeside" are wrong ... leaving your MLB an serial nr. the same and changing only SmUUID will result in a double machine in icloud and copying the SmUUID to Custom ID will result in a Hardware ID failure in imessage debug.

so any other( other then the obote) help will be just fine.

thank you

@ liniaunu - As suggested you must remove all previous machines from your account in iCloud, the one you're trying to fix now log it out from iCloud as well. When you have done those steps, Turn off and remove your internet feed, now reboot the machine (still off the internet feed) and inject all your values to your config.plist Once this is done, boot down, replace your internet feed and reboot and see if the problem was resolved. Good luck.

hello again
1. selecting a mac will not generate serial number... you will have to press the shake button... the mlb is to generate with simplemlb.sh

2. on your other post you did not said that ... you said to copy SmUUID to Custom UUID in system property's tab in clover...

4 i did that

i guessed that this (copying the SmUUID - to the Custom ID) would fix my not ever single time working imessage. but it did not.

as i said i have 3 same machines all with same serial number! only by changing the SmUUID and copying it to Custom ID in System Preferences.

So either i did not understand what you said or you and "easafeside" are wrong ... leaving your MLB an serial nr. the same and changing only SmUUID will result in a double machine in icloud and copying the SmUUID to Custom ID will result in a Hardware ID failure in imessage debug.

so any other( other then the obote) help will be just fine.

thank you
You need to download the latest Clover Configurator to replicate what I posted in my reply to yours. Also, I was just stating how I got Messages to work on my machine so it might or might not apply to yours. See that little red circle in the attached screenshot?

Actually, my original post on this thread was a reply to TomC71's post and you invited yourself into my post. So feel free to stay out of it since you are stuck too deep in your own mess you are not open to others' opinions or ideas.

Good luck on getting your rig to work and I really meant it.

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 11.15.07 AM.png

Last edited:
You need to download the latest Clover Configurator to replicate what I posted in my reply to yours. Also, I was just stating how I got Messages to work on my machine so it might or might not apply to yours. See that little red circle in the attached screenshot?

Actually, my original post on this thread was a reply to TomC71's post and you invited yourself into my post. So feel free to stay out of it since you are stuck too deep in your own mess you are not open to others' opinions or ideas.

Good luck on getting your rig to work and I really meant it.

View attachment 272793
hy
not meant to be rude.
thanks for your answers .
just wanted to tell you that your info is not working , your post was the first one suggesting to copy Sm UUID to Custom.... so i said this is it it will fix my imessage. but it did not, and that is why i posted my experience with your suggestion.

it did not work is what i said and that's all.

thanks

Back