Contribute
Register
Yup... that's exactly what I did. Not sure what else could be wrong? See attached config/results. Any ideas? I went through the whole guide and still get the darn BoardSerialNumber is not what I have entered. :(

Yea, I've done all that too and it's not changing to what I enter and still has the '='. I'll try the new config.plist tonight. I started with chimera and swapped to clover. That's how I did it with my other hackintosh. I didn't try a clean clover install on this laptop because it's a laptop I couldn't find any info on so I went the easiest route I could since I already had the chimera usb installer. I might try a clover install since I know I can at least get it functioning now and have a config.plist file that I can work with.

Also, should you enter a number in the Board Serial Number in SMbios on Cliver Configurator? I've read other articles that say to enter a number there rather than in RT Variables?

I was dreading doing it, but clean Clover install today actually fixed things up. I had also gone Chimera->Clover on this install as well. I'm assuming that means either

1)I missed a filer/folder from the guide when clearing things
2)There's some things to delete that aren't listed in the guide
3)Chimera did something else crazy to my system... maybe I had an errant kext that was messing up NVRAM or something...?

Not sure which. Luckily doing a reinstall was super easy because I could just use my existing clover config :)

I was dreading doing it, but clean Clover install today actually fixed things up. I had also gone Chimera->Clover on this install as well. I'm assuming that means either

1)I missed a filer/folder from the guide when clearing things
2)There's some things to delete that aren't listed in the guide
3)Chimera did something else crazy to my system... maybe I had an errant kext that was messing up NVRAM or something...?

Not sure which. Luckily doing a reinstall was super easy because I could just use my existing clover config :)

That's good. Guess I'll be doing that tonight also. I was wondering if I would be able to reuse the config file too. Did you end up changing all of your values (S/N, UUID, MLB, and ROM) to something new too or did it work with what you were entering before?

That's good. Guess I'll be doing that tonight also. I was wondering if I would be able to reuse the config file too. Did you end up changing all of your values (S/N, UUID, MLB, and ROM) to something new too or did it work with what you were entering before?

I just re-used my config.plist and all the old values and everything worked.

Hi! can you please share your clover configuration? Or please tell me how do you appply the MLB and ROM, i can´t get iMessage working on 10.10.5. Thank you!!

If you have been fortunate to have iMessage /F-Time working under Chimera and then switched over to Clover and iMsg/F-Time is still functioning then you're lucky. Switching over from Chimera to Clover for some strange reason will sometimes attached this '=' symbol to the end of the BoardSerialNumber making the S/N void, to work with iMsg/F-Time.

Getting rid of it can be quite frustrating going to the lengths of rehashing the config.plist, deleting cache folders, creating and injecting new values or worst case scenario, formatting the drive and doing a clean Clover install - The latter (clean Clover install) usually does the trick. What ever method you choose Good luck - Please post back with results, successful or otherwise to aid other members.

Hi! can you please share your clover configuration? Or please tell me how do you appply the MLB and ROM, i can´t get iMessage working on 10.10.5. Thank you!!

Have a thorough read of CHAPTER: 7.1 - MLB and ID Values, you'll find the answers to your query - Good luck.

Yea, I've done all that too and it's not changing to what I enter and still has the '='. I'll try the new config.plist tonight. I started with chimera and swapped to clover. That's how I did it with my other hackintosh. I didn't try a clean clover install on this laptop because it's a laptop I couldn't find any info on so I went the easiest route I could since I already had the chimera usb installer. I might try a clover install since I know I can at least get it functioning now and have a config.plist file that I can work with.

Also, should you enter a number in the Board Serial Number in SMbios on Cliver Configurator? I've read other articles that say to enter a number there rather than in RT Variables?

Have a look at the screen pics on post #4908 for the answer to your query on where to enter BoardSerialNumber.

thanks, the problem is that it is a real old mac pro 1.1(2.1) is there any way to change smuuid in it without going through clover/chameleon type of installation ? ( I know it is not quite the right forum, but i tried other places )

And what is wrong with using Clover? Your mac should boot either MBR or EFI, so you have two options because Clover works either way. You will probably have to research the Unix command 'bless' to make your partition bootable. There is a master boot record switch for the bless command that you can use in terminal. Other than the blessing, one you have Clover installed, you can configure it like a PC.

Your other option is to check out the 64 on 32 project, booting 64 bit Mac kernel on a 32 bit EFI Mac firmware.

http://oemden.com/sixty-four-on-thirty-two-sfott/

Never used it, just something you might be interested in.

Hello everyone, I have a small problem or not I found the solution and I think some of you also this problem, I installed on P55A-UD3 Clover with OSX 10.10.5

The numbers that I have entered in the CONFIG.PLIST for MLB AND ROM, does not correspond after the restart computer, when I check with iMessageDebug, ROM and a number other than the one I put in RT VARIABLE and the MLB ago NUL instead of the number , other number, serial numbers, UUID match in Imessagedebug just MLB AND ROM does not conresponde with CONFIG.PLIST of clover
if someone has an idea of the problem thank you

Back