Contribute
Register
Just switched my hack over to clover on a clean install and while everything is working great, iMessage and Facetime generated a Call Support message with a customer code. I went ahead and took a look at the UUID based on what I read on the guide to look to see if my motherboard has a SID bug and the UUID matched in the registry. I gave apple a call and went through all the steps to get to a tech support guy, he tried to unlock my account and elevated me up to a senior advisor and he also couldn't fix it... anyone have any clue what to do at this point?

my hack is:
Intel i7-4770k
Asrock z87 oc forumla ac motherboard
16Gbs ram 1600mhz
EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 ACX 2.0 FTW
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD x 2(1 drive for OS X, 1 for windows 10 Pro)

when my hack was on chimera, I could never log into Facetime after Yosemite 10.10.0 came out and would get activation error. This is the first time the customer code error has displayed for me.

As always in cases such as yours, run iMessage DeBugger between a few reboots to see if the generated values are constant, any discrepancies will result in failure - Good luck.

As always in cases such as yours, run iMessage DeBugger between a few reboots to see if the generated values are constant, any discrepancies will result in failure - Good luck.

I went ahead and took a look, ran debugger between a few reboots and took a look to see if anything changed and everything stayed the same consistently with no changes...

I quite literally just got my system to boot Yosemite safely using Clover and my legacy F12 BIOS. Prior to that, anything I tried with Multibeast was a no-go for booting the install, with the exception of a cpus=1 flag in Chimera. I've been running Mavericks without FaceTime or iMessages, though they had been working fine with ML.

I'm in the middle of a project so I'm not going to tinker with a beta UEFI and clover, though it would be great to get any clarification around Clover and iMessage. For example, are there any limitations to booting with a legacy BIOS at it relates to getting iMessage to fly with Clover, or will Clover do the heavy lifting regardless of the boot method (BIOS vs. UEFI)?

Also, I have yet to set up my system parameters. I have had the Mac Pro 3,1 setting since Snow Leopard, which I'm seeing has some cautions against it. Is this still the case with using Clover?

Using MacTracker, it looks like the iMac 12,2 is the closest fit in terms of the i7 2600k chip I have. I'd love to get any feedback on the model identifiers that others have used. e.g., Will another Mac Pro identifier work? Any advantages to one over another?

Also, I have the Apple Airport card built into the system for native wifi support, in the event that factors into a model identifier suggestion. e.g., Ideally I'd like to have FaceTime, iMessage, handoff, etc. all working with Yosemite.

Thanks! :-D

I quite literally just got my system to boot Yosemite safely using Clover and my legacy F12 BIOS. Prior to that, anything I tried with Multibeast was a no-go for booting the install, with the exception of a cpus=1 flag in Chimera. I've been running Mavericks without FaceTime or iMessages, though they had been working fine with ML.

I'm in the middle of a project so I'm not going to tinker with a beta UEFI and clover, though it would be great to get any clarification around Clover and iMessage. For example, are there any limitations to booting with a legacy BIOS at it relates to getting iMessage to fly with Clover, or will Clover do the heavy lifting regardless of the boot method (BIOS vs. UEFI)?

Also, I have yet to set up my system parameters. I have had the Mac Pro 3,1 setting since Snow Leopard, which I'm seeing has some cautions against it. Is this still the case with using Clover?

Using MacTracker, it looks like the iMac 12,2 is the closest fit in terms of the i7 2600k chip I have. I'd love to get any feedback on the model identifiers that others have used. e.g., Will another Mac Pro identifier work? Any advantages to one over another?

Also, I have the Apple Airport card built into the system for native wifi support, in the event that factors into a model identifier suggestion. e.g., Ideally I'd like to have FaceTime, iMessage, handoff, etc. all working with Yosemite.

Thanks! :-D

I have the same Motherboard, Processor and Apple Airport card as you have in your system and upgraded to the UEFI BIOS ages ago - as part of moving across to Clover, and all of the features you refer to operating perfectly with Yosemite 10.10.5. I have Clover configured as an iMac 12.2 (27-inch, Mid 2011).

Thanks, begleyj! That is encouraging to hear. Any tips for the UEFI switch aside from deleting the DSDT file from Extras on my Multibeast Install? I still have multiple installs on different drives that I hang onto in the event of any issues with a new boot loader and OS upgrade. e.g., Mountain Lion Multibeast install, Mavericks Multibeast install, and now Yosemite via Clover. Maybe a better question is, did you switch by installing Clover to boot your install or did you switch by doing a fresh install and then migrating your accounts?

What steps did you go through with Clover to to get iMessage up and running? e.g., Multibeast to set up a Model identifier?

Any chance you'd be willing to PM me a copy of your Clover config.plist? Feel free to remove the system info in the copy, if that'd make you more comfortable. I'd be interested in getting a look at the boot options and features you have turned on.

Lastly, I trust that you're running Gigabyte's official beta UEFI BIOS? Just wanted to check as I've been poking around some of the BIOS modding websites for our board. Would love to be able to boot an SM951 off an adapter card, but that's likely a pipe dream until another hardware upgrade.

Thanks!

I have the same Motherboard, Processor and Apple Airport card as you have in your system and upgraded to the UEFI BIOS ages ago - as part of moving across to Clover, and all of the features you refer to operating perfectly with Yosemite 10.10.5. I have Clover configured as an iMac 12.2 (27-inch, Mid 2011).

Excure me, i am install mac os 10.10.5 and clover laptop x220 sandy bridge i7. But i can't active facetime,imessager,icloud,.. You can help me?. Thank you very much.

Make sure you have both Ethernet and WIFI. run the iMessage debug. make sure that all Values are the same on every reboot.

After run iMessage debug is display:
**********************iMessage Debug**********************Credits: ElNono, mdmwii,flux84, sugarface, pokenguyen

Model: MacBookPro8,1
Board-id: Mac-94245B3640C91C81
SerialNumber: C02F95DPDH2G
Hardware UUID: 7963314E-5F73-59BF-B5B3-FF2049E56D17

System-ID: 898688C3-E313-4440-A31A-EF3BD3891431
ROM: ef3bd3891431
BoardSerialNumber: C02140302D5DMT31M

Gq3489ugfi: 8e963702283be23b8a441d77f9711c03d8
Fyp98tpgj: bc5ec0ff6a6c8e10740970fa3b16180c49
kbjfrfpoJU: 0d82d4de3bcb03bfba30bdf749c95e474c
oycqAZloTNDm: 666b95ff2901079539388a4cbe887396db
abKPld1EcMni: 5adb8f2e07e614f1f270749d444db84545
every body can you help me. Thank you.

I am trying to inject the manual MLB and ROM values from clover configurator, but they are not sticking. I used a network card mac address as my ROM and my S/N plus 5 characters to get my 17 for the MLB. I read in another post to try installing the EmuVariableUefi driver but that hasn't helped. When I run imessagedebug v1 I get an output for ROM that is nothing like what I entered and I get an output for MLB that has my serial number but not the same 5 characters I added on the end. There is also an equals sign '=' at the end of the MLB. I'm not sure what that means either. The values (except for the first part of the MLB that is my S/N) changes on every reboot. My SmUUID, S/N, and Platform UUID are all staying consistent when rebooting though. It didn't seem like my board has the SID bug. I did change a few values and manually inject just to be sure though.

Any help is much appreciated.

Back