Contribute
Register
yup, imessage stopped working on my build 8/8 or 8/7. was working fine before. i tried almost everything in part 1, no dice. hope this gets worked out soon. i'm on 10.9.4.

Hey there - did you try any of the methods above in this thread?

yes, i tried changing my password, editing smbios, replacing nvram. checked network settings also.

Update: It's effected two of my four hacks at home, all on 10.9.3, Chimaera 3.0.1, FileNVRAM 1.1.3

Have tried all the usual reactivation stuff without any success, so it looks like somethings changed, iMessage is still working on my two Gigabyte Z87/H87 ITX systems.

Will continue to monitor and investigate ..

Cheers
Jay

iMessage working fine with my Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 desktop and HP Laptop. I also have an iPhone so I don't know if that helps iMessage staying live!

MatthewGW,

Well something is going on as iMessage no longer is working on my two of my systems - one being my Sony Laptop, nothing's been changed for weeks so will look into it, lets hope its a glitch ....

If anyone else is experiencing iMessage issue today please post ...

Cheers
Jay

Same here, i booted 1 day ago and i had this imessage has problems bla, bla.
It's showed up after i updated to the last iTunes...

Same here, i booted 1 day ago and i had this imessage has problems bla, bla.
It's showed up after i updated to the last iTunes...

@Strik9,

Now that you mention it, I also updated to the latest iTunes (11.3.1) on 8th aug 2014 on the two systems that iMessage has stopped working on, which puts the update right about around the time that these latest iMessage issues started. Will check iTunes versions on the two systems that still have iMessage working and report back tomorrow.

@All,

If iMessage is working for you now be sure to make a backup and/or clone of your system before installing the latest iTunes update - this may be the cause of the latest iMessage issue. If you have already installed it but have not run iTunes yet then again make sure you got a backup. It could be that the issues only start once you actually run iTunes 11.3.1 ?

Please provide feedback if you have been effected after installing/running the latest iTunes update.

Cheers
Jay

If anyone else is experiencing iMessage issue today please post ...

iMessage was working fine for me with all versions and updates of Mavericks until today. I had 3 verified e-mail addresses in my Apple-ID. Today I deleted one of these 3 addresses and iMessage stopped working immediately after I deleted the third address. iMessage still works on my iMac and my iPhone 5s. I tried to fix iMessage according to the tutorial at the beginning of this thread but I had no luck. iMessage still isn't working on my Hackintosh.

I installed iTunes 11.3.1 on Aug 8, 2014 and iMessage still worked fine for a day and had after that and the computer was in sleep mode, restarted and shut down multiple times between the iTunes update and the malfunction of iMessage. Also I sent and received messages to and from multiple users without any problems right until shortly before I deleted one of the three email addresses configured for my Apple-ID.

I'll be happy to provide further details if desired.

iMessage was working fine for me with all versions and updates of Mavericks until today.

I installed iTunes 11.3.1 on Aug 8, 2014 and iMessage still worked fine for a day ......

@kukuluku,

Very similar experience and time-frame to me, right now i'm restoring some backups made prior to installing the latest iTunes update, Will update once tests conducted.

Cheers
Jay

iTunes 11.3.1 Update and iMessage Issues.

I've done a bit more investigation into this and can report the following summary:

I installed the iTunes 11.3.1 Update on 8th Aug 2014 on my Sony Vaio hackingtosh around 19:20 ....

iMessage ceased working on this and another system the day after installing the update ..... the symptoms were i was no longer able to login to iTunes which would result in authentication errors in the console log and contacts turning red text in iMessage.

All attempts to re-activate iMessage using the tips from the guide have failed to work so far, so this may be a new issue we are looking at ..... so far the only thing i can identify that changed between iMessage working and not working was the install of the iTunes 11.3.1 update. Since iTunes now relies on the soagent daemon which i believe processes all iCloud authentication this would make sense if this update also includes an update to soagent ?

As far as I can tell the issue only seems to be with the very latest iTunes 11.3.1 update leased in the last few days, those with iTunes 11.3.0 seem to be unaffected.

Temporary fix / Workaround - I have been able to get iMessage working again by restoring a TimeMachine backup from the 5th Aug 2014 which was prior to installing the iTunes 11.3.1 update ..... its still not conclusive and i am continuing to monitor and investigate the situation. However it does point that the issue is local to your machine and not on Apples backend servers.

Notes:

• If iMessage is working for you right now i recommend making a clone or full TM backup.
  • If you have not installed iTunes 11.3.1 update it may be worth holing off until its been confirmed as the cause of the issue.
  • If you have installed the Update but not run iTunes yet and iMessage is working make a backup now .... before running iTunes, if iMessage stops working after you run it please provide feedback. I have a feeling that the issue may start after running iTunes 11.3.1

If you think you've been effected by any of the above please provide feedback.

I have updated Part 1 of the guide with a warning of this potential issue.

Cheers
Jay

Back