Contribute
Register
Will do and thanks for all your help.

One more question, should i remove the EFI and the EFI-Backups folder from the root of the Mavericks install hard drive?

Thanks

@zamdam,

No problem, glad your up and running, those EFI folders (in the root of your osx drive) are probably remnants from when you installed clover, it should be safe to delete them, but might be worth making a copy just to be sure, if all works ok then dump the copy's.

Cheers
Jay

@zamdam,

No problem, glad your up and running, those EFI folders (in the root of your osx drive) are probably remnants from when you installed clover, it should be safe to delete them, but might be worth making a copy just to be sure, if all works ok then dump the copy's.

Cheers
Jay

I moved them to another drive and it rebooted fine.. so i deleted them from the other drive.

Thanks again Jay

@jaymonkey

I think I understand what your saying.

I recently did a reinstall of my system and en0 was recognised on my UP5TH. At this point I did not activate iCloud/iMessage. I then installed the native apple bluetooth/wifi card and disconnected the ethernet cable and restarted the computer. At this point Im only using either WIFI or USB ethernet which is allocated en2. en0 is no longer functional, but is recognised.

I sign into iMessage and it works.
According to your theory it should only work with my 'old' wifi card but it worked fine with the new one?

Unless your suggesting that regardless if en0 is being used or not, as long as its recognised by the OSX, all iMessage information comes from there. If thats the case, then the wifi card won't matter?

Maybe switch the two WIFI cards you have between two different computers that already have it working and see if it still works?

@Wolfie81,

To be completely honest i'm still trying to join all the dots .... ;) .... this recent incident is just another step in the understanding of whats truly going on with these wired iMessage lockouts ....

It's very difficult to put into words the what I currently believe is going on but, i'll have a go ...

The first time you connect a new Hackingtosh identity to Apple's iMessage/iCloud systems it will be associated with your AppleID. During this association process your UUID and maybe S/N are first checked against black list's and syntax compliancy rules to ensure UUID is unique, people who's BIOS suffers from SID bug fail at this test.

If the UUID passes then the MAC address of the NIC you are using to register the device is checked agist other UUID / SN / MAC Address for a miss match (eg your MAc address is already associated with another UUID and/or S/N).

If a previous association miss-match between any of them is found the iMessage authentication will fail, depending upon the type of miss-match dictates on the iMessage issue you see, such as login/authentication message, call apple with code, red text .. etc.

I should point out that the above is purely theoretical at this moment but i firmly believe that it's very close to explaining the sudden change in iMessage login behaviour during the first week of April 2014.

I personally think the checks were introduced as part of a refined low-level security check for the new iMessage features that we will see in OSX 10.10, such as true SMS integration, phone from MAC .. etc. All of these features require much more secure iMessage authentication and a truly unique SM-UUID has to form part of that process...... prior toApril 2014 it was possible to log-into iMessage using the same S/N, UUID .. etc on multiple machines which is not good if your going to be encrypting iMessage data using UUID and/or MAC address as part of the crypto-key.

Cheers
Jay

iMessage broke for me this morning on 10.9.4. I forget which version of Chameleon I was running this morning, but one of the early ones that fixed the April iMessage issue. I dislike changing my hackintosh setup and don't regularly upgrade bootloaders or anything.

Since then, I've tried the latest Chimera, multiple Chameleons, changing my board serial, and a full SId/serial change. Nothing has worked.

The initial symptom was iMessages not being delivered to my desktop (just my native hardware). I signed out, and since then I always get this error on sign in:

tshqvls.png

With this in the console:

8/8/14 10:40:44.900 PM identityservicesd[451]: [Warning] Registration failed for Registration info (0xXXXXXX): [And then my email/phone/etc details]

According to a quick Twitter search, iMessage had some issues today. Maybe this is a temporary thing? I'm worried there have been changes in advance of iOS8 and 10.10 that are going to affect hackintosh iMessage logins again. :/

I'm not sure what else to try, so I guess I'll just keep an eye on this thread for news...

iMessage broke for me this morning on 10.9.4. I forget which version of Chameleon I was running this morning, but one of the early ones that fixed the April iMessage issue. I dislike changing my hackintosh setup and don't regularly upgrade bootloaders or anything.

MatthewGW,

I'm of the same mindset, if all is working well i tend not to touch it, all my systems are still on 10.9.3, too many reports of audio issues and odd behaviour for me to upgrade to 10.9.4, looks like the imminent 10.9.5 combo update will be out soon to resolve those issues so will probably wait until then.

According to a quick Twitter search, iMessage had some issues today. Maybe this is a temporary thing? I'm worried there have been changes in advance of iOS8 and 10.10 that are going to affect hackintosh iMessage logins again. :/

I'm not sure what else to try, so I guess I'll just keep an eye on this thread for news...

Well something is going on as iMessage no longer is working on my two of my systems - one being my Sony Laptop, nothing's been changed for weeks so will look into it, lets hope its a glitch ....

If anyone else is experiencing iMessage issue today please post ...

Cheers
Jay

I've since tried using valid ROM/MLB/IOPlatformUUID/etc values from a real mac mini (that has never logged in to iMessage). Still no luck...

I am also seeing the same thing...I went so far as to reformat my system and rebuild with a clean 10.9 install. And I still couldn't activate my iMessage account (which works fine on my iDevices and my MBA). iMessage worked perfectly on my Hackintosh just a few days ago!

Anyone else experiencing this?

As an update, I was able to get iMessage working again by using Clover as my bootloader and cloning all serial/ROM/MLB/etc values from a real Mac Mini. I used this guide.

Is it sufficient to clone the SMBios.plist file from a real MAC?

yup, imessage stopped working on my build 8/8 or 8/7. iphone, 2012 mba and 2009 mini have no problems. was working fine before. i tried almost everything in part 1, no dice. hope this gets worked out soon. i'm on 10.9.4.

on the other hand, glad i'm not alone in this.

Back