Contribute
Register
using a serial number found on the internet to activate Imessage for about 3 months can cause some problem in the future ..?

Simply put yes, sooner or later your machine and the one you harvested the values from where ever will be blacked along with your Apple ID's. In some severe cases your Internet address will be black listed also, forcing you to contact your provider to change it so it's definitely not worth the hassle.

UPDATE: So I have redone my ENTIRE system and get the same results. This is where it gets weird. Looking over the console, "identityserviced" reports three separate errors.
It gives:
Registration failed for <private> (Error: 31)
Failed, server registration unsupported => Disabling service

Server denied registration support
Now, according to the error codes above, 31 is MLB/ROM related, but "Failed, server registration unsupported => Disabling service" is listed as error 33. So why two separate errors? For the record, I have not called Apple to register my new CustomerCode. Why are only specific people getting these constant errors?

"Example: MacPro 6,1 with a S/N starting with C0 or CK would be invalid as the new Mac Pro is only manufactured in Austin TX, USA so could never have a S/N prefix of C0 (Taiwan) or CK (Cork - Ireland) ... this is purely a theory at the moment but could explain what why some users are having trouble especially those using MacPro 6,1... I am investigating this trail of thought further and will update the guide soon."
You may be onto something here, I use MP 6,1

I've always avoided using mac pro 6,X SMBIOS ... for all my desktop builds i use a iMac SMBIOS which use desktop CPU's rather than enterprise .... Intel Xeon CPU's contain Vpro architecture which has an additional layer of security embedded in the CPU itself (kind of like SMUUID but specific to the CPU rather than the motherboard). its possible that Apple use some of that embedded security in their validation on the Trash-Can mac's ... it's just a theory but a sound one ... I don't think there is any reason to use 6.X so try a iMac one ... I've set up countless hacks using iMac SMBIOS on all sorts of PC hardware and never had an issue with iMessage/FT.

You could try posting in one of the build threads and ask if anyone using Macpro 6,X has had any luck with IM .. but unless your using a Xeon CPU .. it might be a dead end ....

IM/FT works across all my hacks (laptops & pc's) and across all my apple devices (iPhones, iPads .. etc) see the Reset IOS networking tip at the end of Chapter 3.3 .. i haven't had use it in a long time but it might help.

Jay

Last edited:
I've always avoided using mac pro 6,X SMBIOS ... for all my desktop builds i use a iMac SMBIOS which use desktop CPU's rather than enterprise .... Intel Xeon CPU's contain Vpro architecture which has an additional layer of security embedded in the CPU itself (kind of like SMUUID but specific to the CPU rather than the motherboard). its possible that Apple use some of that embedded security in their validation on the Trash-Can mac's ... it's just a theory but a sound one ... I don't think there is any reason to use 6.X so try a iMac one ... I've set up countless hacks using iMac SMBIOS on all sorts of PC hardware and never had an issue with iMessage/FT.

You could try posting in one of the build threads and ask if anyone using Macpro 6,X has had any luck with IM .. but unless your using a Xeon CPU .. it might be a dead end ....

IM/FT works across all my hacks (laptops & pc's) and across all my apple devices (iPhones, iPads .. etc) see the Reset IOS networking tip at the end of Chapter 3.3 .. i haven't had use it in a long time but it might help.

Jay
I will give it a try. Thank you!

Hey guys! I have problem with my D-Link (DWA-131-E series) device. I installed official drivers and I am running Sierra 10.12.6. Network is working but I want use iMessages, FaceTime etc. but I don't know how can I use USB WiFi adapter as a BuiltIn device. I was following some tutorials (of course also an iDiot's guide to iMessage), but iMessages does not work at all. I use NullEthernet kext but my machine doesn't have Ethernet port. Can somebody help me? I was reading something about adding EFI stringer to Clover but I am only a beginner and don't know how it work

Attachments

• fasta.ioreg
    8.5 MB · Views: 97
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 90
esafeddie friend .. after I used my id apple that I used in my hackintosh on my iphone .. I lost the activation of imessage and face time in my hackintosh ... should I create new values for my hackintosh ...?

Just out of curiosity, does your FaceTime and iMessage work with your Apple ID (email address not phone number) on your iPhone? Mine does not, so I contacted apple and they said I was blacklisted for being a suspected commercial spammer. They pushed me up to a senior advisor, placed my account in escalation mode to engineering, and said they will get back to me in 48 hours. If you can't enable iMessage and FaceTime on your iPhone using your Apple ID, I would try calling apple.

I did the same yesterday and now my account is active again. They didn't tell me the blacklist reason though. Now it works again with iPhone and Macbook pro, didn't try with the hack yet.

I did the same yesterday and now my account is active again. They didn't tell me the blacklist reason though. Now it works again with iPhone and Macbook pro, didn't try with the hack yet.

Hopefully I find the same luck soon. Still not working here.

Created a new SMBIOS then tried again and now I get error 31 and customer support code. Same messages as @TheTrollCaptain

Hey guys! I have problem with my D-Link (DWA-131-E series) device. I installed official drivers and I am running Sierra 10.12.6. Network is working but I want use iMessages, FaceTime etc. but I don't know how can I use USB WiFi adapter as a BuiltIn device. I was following some tutorials (of course also an iDiot's guide to iMessage), but iMessages does not work at all. I use NullEthernet kext but my machine doesn't have Ethernet port. Can somebody help me? I was reading something about adding EFI stringer to Clover but I am only a beginner and don't know how it work

RehabMan sometime ago posted a fix on spoofing a device such as yours if I'm not mistaken, maybe he or another will point you in the right direction to fixing the problem. Good luck.

Back