Contribute
Register
@ willpower101 - IMHO you stand a better chance with Clover to get iMsg/F-Time working as close as possible to a real mac because of the way it handles the NvRAM File at boot up. Also its less likely to break when ever there is a Major Apple update unlike Chimera.
I dare say Stork and wildwillow will shoot me down in flames for my wild and bias allegations :lol:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. I agree that clover has a much better chance of working and that's why I'm using it. (Well that and emulating proper nvram allows for vanilla updates and that's great.)

All my post illustrated was that there is no information in section 7 for what to do if clover is generating random MLB and ROM values in the nvram on each boot. In fact, there is little information anywhere on this.

Sadly all it says is not even close to useful. It's basically saying, 'yep, these values should be persistent' with nothing about troubleshooting why they wouldn't be.

All the clover section talked about is allowing it to do it's thing (id generation), or manually injecting with rt variables. Nothing about nvram values not holding between reboots with clover.
Well, you have to think of it in a holistic sense. iMessage is probably one of the last parts of the puzzle. (The following is for Clover only)

- Do you have a bug free install? i.e. Does the machine boot, sleep, wake, USB etc etc without a hitch?
- Is your system definition correct, based on your hardware? If not, this is the first thing to fix
- As part of fixing the above, did you use Clover Configurator to generate IDs?
- Did you generate a UUID and put it where it should be (SmUUID)? (See guide)
- Did you validate the generated ID from Clover Configurator with https://selfsolve.apple.com, making sure that the ID doesn't exist?
- For the ROM (and specify it manually in Clover Configurator), just use your NIC's mac address.
- For the MLB, look at the guide, it's relatively straightforward.

Well, you have to think of it in a holistic sense. iMessage is probably one of the last parts of the puzzle. (The following is for Clover only)

Yes - Do you have a bug free install? i.e. Does the machine boot, sleep, wake, USB etc etc without a hitch?
I *think* so. It was defined using the probook installer, checking against my system on everymac shows it's correct - Is your system definition correct, based on your hardware? If not, this is the first thing to fix
I have used clover configurator to generate IDs in the past, but I never saved the config.plist when doing this. Also I can confirm that none of the generated ids were saved in the config.plist with pledit pro - As part of fixing the above, did you use Clover Configurator to generate IDs?
I have done this in the past and redid it recently to be sure I was using a uniquie one. - Did you generate a UUID and put it where it should be (SmUUID)? (See guide)
Yes, each time I tried a new one - Did you validate the generated ID from Clover Configurator with https://selfsolve.apple.com, making sure that the ID doesn't exist?
It's in there - For the ROM (and specify it manually in Clover Configurator), just use your NIC's mac address.
It's a custom generated MLB based off a modified trued MBP MLB with my same system configuration, with replaced properly configured values based on the deep guide that's linked from insanely mac in section 7. I probably understand the proper values for a 17 char MLB better than most- For the MLB, look at the guide, it's relatively straightforward.

Answers above in bold.
I even tried reverting to an older version of clover
Version 6.2.15.3 (February 14th 2015)
* Update Clover 3168.

It's still spitting out a new MLB / Rom value in the imessage debug tool every time I load. Definitely seems like a problem with clover injecting those values into the NV ram.

Here is my config.plist with the numbers obfuscated.

In another thread someone suggested making sure I remove all traced of filenvram.dylib and nvram.uuid... that I may have had backed up from old chameleon installs. I've deleted all traces from my system and moved them to an external drive. *Note that this system is a fresh (as of november 2014) yosemite clover install, NOT a converted upgrade from chameleon*

View attachment config copy.plist

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Debug</key>
            <false/>
            <key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
            <false/>
            <key>ReuseFFFF</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>DropTables</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>DMAR</string>
            </dict>
        </array>
        <key>SSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>DropOem</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Generate</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </dict>
    <key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
        <key>Debug</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Legacy</key>
        <string>LegacyBiosDefault</string>
        <key>Secure</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <integer>5</integer>
        <key>XMPDetection</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
    </dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </dict>
    <key>GUI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Custom</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Entries</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>FullTitle</key>
                    <string>UEFI Internal</string>
                    <key>Hidden</key>
                    <string>Always</string>
                    <key>Ignore</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>NoCaches</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Type</key>
                    <string>Other</string>
                </dict>
            </array>
        </dict>
        <key>Mouse</key>
        <dict>
            <key>DoubleClick</key>
            <integer>500</integer>
            <key>Enabled</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Mirror</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Speed</key>
            <integer>8</integer>
        </dict>
        <key>Scan</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Entries</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Kernel</key>
            <string>All</string>
            <key>Legacy</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Tool</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
        <key>ScreenResolution</key>
        <string>1024x768</string>
        <key>Theme</key>
        <string>bgm256</string>
    </dict>
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DualLink</key>
        <integer>0</integer>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x01660003</string>
    </dict>
    <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
    <dict>
        <key>AppleRTC</key>
        <true/>
        <key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
        <true/>
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Broadcom 43224 whitelist</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                TWFjLTJFNkZBQjk2NTY2RkU1OEM=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                TWFjLTZGMDE1NjFFMTZDNzVEMDY=
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Handoff Fix</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                SIXAdFwPt0g=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOBluetoothFamily</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                Qb4PAAAA61k=
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Broadcom 5Ghz XT</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                WFQAXRlUIQAA
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                WFQAjahetgAJ
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>IDT 76D9</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                hBnUEQ==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleHDA</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                2XYdEQ==
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Patch audio HDMI HD4000 1366x768</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                BAYAAAAEAACBAAAA
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelFramebufferCapri</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                BAYAAAAIAAAGAAAA
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Enable Trim on SSD</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                QVBQTEUgU1NE
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AAAAAAAAAAAA
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Second Stage patch 10.10</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AQAAdRc=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AQAAdBc=
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>
    </dict>
    <key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>MLB</key>
        <string>C0723xyxyxyxyN5AK</string>
        <key>ROM</key>
        <string>b4bxyxyx6aac</string>
    </dict>
    <key>SMBIOS</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
        <string>08/08/12</string>
        <key>BiosVendor</key>
        <string>Apple Inc.</string>
        <key>BiosVersion</key>
        <string>MBP91.88Z.00D3.B08.1208081132</string>
        <key>Board-ID</key>
        <string>Mac-6F01561E16C75D06</string>
        <key>BoardManufacturer</key>
        <key>BoardType</key>
        <integer>10</integer>
        <key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
        <string>MacBook-Aluminum</string>
        <key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
        <key>ChassisType</key>
        <string>8</string>
        <key>Family</key>
        <string>MacBook Pro</string>
        <key>Manufacturer</key>
        <key>Mobile</key>
        <true/>
        <key>ProductName</key>
        <string>MacBookPro9,2</string>
        <key>SerialNumber</key>
        <string>C02xyxyxyTY3</string>
        <key>SmUUID</key>
        <string>6xxxx853-1xxB-4xxx-xxxE-A0xxxxxxx7B2</string>
        <key>Trust</key>
        <true/>
        <key>Version</key>
        <string>1.0</string>
    </dict>
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>Detect</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

@ kapone - Well put :clap:

@ willpower - If you are still getting different values on every boot then its clear either your Clover install is corrupt or you're still picking up debris from your errors and trials . Using the Basic ROM and MLB method to get iMsg/F-Time working is simplicity it self and has proven to work. Using convoluted methods to generate a i7 digits s/n is not warranted now.

So lets go through this - Your Mac model s/n beginning with C0 is good as you verified by the recommended checks, all that is needed for the for the MLB value just add 5 random characters to the end of the Mac s/n and thats the Board's Serial Number and MLB sorted - Make a note and save that value.

Next step - Log out of all Apple Services i.e App Store, iTunes (de-athorize this p/c), iCloud etc etc, now go off line and stay off line until all steps has been completed, this is important if this is to work.

Next step - Generate the SmUUID in 'Terminal' (see GUIDE for method) when you obtain this value this is then inserted in the Clover Configurator SMBIOS tab in the SmUUID box.

Next step - Place your 12 character Mac model s/n beginning with C0 in the box on the SMBIOS tab in the Serial Number box if its not already there. No need to fill in the Board Serial Number in this section.

Next step - Go to the 'Rt Variables' tab and fill in the ROM box with the last 12 digits of your SmUUID value using lower case characters or your Mac Address (I prefer using the ones from the SmUUID but if one don't work try the other)

Next step - Same section in the MLB box place the Board's Serial Number you made a note of earlier - The Mac S/N plus the 5 random digits you added to the end and thats it - DO NOT PRESS CALCULATE - as this will undo all you have just done.

Next Step - Save all you've just injected in Clover Configurator - Repair Permissions - re-boot and run Message debugger at least 3 times and check values at each reboot if values are constant, reconnect your internet and you should be able to log straight into iMsg F/Time.

All that I have just listed is already written in the GUIDE under Basic ROM and MLB method so its not new and it works.

Edit: Should have added delete all files and folders as instructed in Chapter: 3.3

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm trying to get iMessage working after having to re-install Clover. It was working fine until yesterday (where I was wrongly advised about Audio issues which broke my clover installation).

I'm on Clover 3229.

I have spent days trying to figure it out.

iMessage continually "signs-in" and never loads.

iCloud & app store both work.

What I've done:

• I have a real MLB & board number (have follow two guides- neither worked)

• Signed out of all services (iCloud, app store etc)
  • Chapter 3.3- deleted mentioned files (all when I was in single-user mode). Emptied trash, and ensured files didn't reappear. Went to disk utility and repaired permissions.
  • Reset iOS 8 network settings on my mobile
  • When restarting (5 times) the serial/ROM etc remain the same (imessagedebug)

MLB/SMUID process:
1. Clover: click SMBIOS and generate codes using wand (click "shake" several times to randomise)
2. Terminal: input "uuidgen" a few times and take an SMUID from there
3. Clover: click Rt Vartibles and enter my REAL ROM number & MLB (Board serial number)

Is this method correct?

Please advise.

Thx

Hi,

I'm trying to get iMessage working after having to re-install Clover. It was working fine until yesterday (where I was wrongly advised about Audio issues which broke my clover installation).

I'm on Clover 3229.

I have spent days trying to figure it out.

iMessage continually "signs-in" and never loads.

iCloud & app store both work.

What I've done:

• I have a real MLB & board number (have follow two guides- neither worked)

• Signed out of all services (iCloud, app store etc)
  • Chapter 3.3- deleted mentioned files (all when I was in single-user mode). Emptied trash, and ensured files didn't reappear. Went to disk utility and repaired permissions.
  • Reset iOS 8 network settings on my mobile
  • When restarting (5 times) the serial/ROM etc remain the same (imessagedebug)

MLB/SMUID process:
1. Clover: click SMBIOS and generate codes using wand (click "shake" several times to randomise)
2. Terminal: input "uuidgen" a few times and take an SMUID from there
3. Clover: click Rt Vartibles and enter my REAL ROM number & MLB (Board serial number)

Is this method correct?

Please advise.

Thx

This is the reason why its recommended to run and save to a pen drive or print the iMessage DeBugger readout on your rig when all is working so that if ever you have to do reinstall for what ever reason you will have those values to inject. Really you should keep these working values for the life of that particular Hack.

To answer your query, basically yes 'MLB/SmUUID process' 1 to 3 is about right - I would add you must do all this off line, plus after injection, repair permissions and insure injected values are static after a few reboots before attempting to log into any Apple Services.
Since you Baulked your original installation, you will still have that Hack still registered on Apple Servers as on line in iCloud which may or may not cause future problems for you with too many rigs registered against your ID - Good luck.

One thing that may help :

Sign Out of iCloud - System Preferences - iCloud.
With a web browser (Safari) Log In to iCloud.com - Find My iPhone - All Devices - Remove any instances of the computer from previous attempts.

That may help, unfortunately that action is not instant, it can take up to a month or more for the Devices to be removed off the Servers - But its note worthy :thumbup:

Its been advised on several occasions - Record and store your working Debugger readout values incase of having to reinstall your operating system - This is mine for my current rig and I hang on to it like gold, I also have for the 14.2 iMac and the Mac pro 6.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-20 at 12.28.22.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-20 at 12.28.22.png
    76 KB · Views: 111
This is the reason why its recommended to run and save to a pen drive or print the iMessage DeBugger

To answer your query, basically yes 'MLB/SmUUID process' 1 to 3 is about right - I would add you must do all this off line, plus after injection, repair permissions and insure injected values are static after a few reboots before attempting to log into any Apple Services.
Since you Baulked your original installation, you will still have that Hack still registered on Apple Servers as on line in iCloud which may or may not cause future problems for you with too many rigs registered against your ID - Good luck.

Thanks.

I do have my original config.plist which lists all the values I used in my working rig. I copied the Rt variables & SMBIOS from there. This didn't work- but if you tell me the process I'd be happy to try it again?

What do you mean by too many rigs registered against my ID? I've tried about 3 different combinations over the past few days- this likely to get it blocked?

Thanks.

I do have my original config.plist which lists all the values I used in my working rig. I copied the Rt variables & SMBIOS from there. This didn't work- but if you tell me the process I'd be happy to try it again?

What do you mean by too many rigs registered against my ID? I've tried about 3 different combinations over the past few days- this likely to get it blocked?

To see how many Hacks are registered against you ID, log into iCloud -> Settings -> My Devices and you will how many. Too many unless you're running a business will cause your ID to be flagged by Apple. To prevent this, its good practice to log the rig out of iCloud before resetting or changing values like Mac S/N, Board Serial Number (MLB) or complete reinstalls.

To your next query, if you still have your original values from previous then you should use these as they worked before. You need to inject all these values:- Mac model s/n, Board's S/N (MLB), ROM and finally SmUUID - again all injections must be done off line and then Repair Permissions, still off line re-boot, run DeBugger a few times and check the values for any changes.
If the values are not constant the process must be done again with the addition of deleting certain files and folders as directed in Chapter: 3.3 - Good Luck.

Back