Contribute
Register
I don't know about you guys, but I've had 5 different hacks over the last few years, and I've reinstalled OS X on them numerous (we're talking north of 20 times on each, as part of setting up, trying out things etc) times. I've generated new IDs EVERY single time, and not once have I had a problem because it's a new ID.

Again, as long as your "configuration", i.e. system definition matches hardware, is correct, I see no reason to keep old IDs, if you're reinstalling. (for backup purposes, yes, but not if reinstalling)

Think of it this way. When you reinstall and generate new IDs, how do you think Apple's going to know whether this is the same device or not? As far as they are concerned, it's a new device.

I don't know about you guys, but I've had 5 different hacks over the last few years, and I've reinstalled OS X on them numerous (we're talking north of 20 times on each, as part of setting up, trying out things etc) times. I've generated new IDs EVERY single time, and not once have I had a problem because it's a new ID.

Again, as long as your "configuration", i.e. system definition matches hardware, is correct, I see no reason to keep old IDs, if you're reinstalling. (for backup purposes, yes, but not if reinstalling)

Think of it this way. When you reinstall and generate new IDs, how do you think Apple's going to know whether this is the same device or not? As far as they are concerned, it's a new device.

Hmmmm interesting point I am curious to know how many rigs you have at this moment registered to your ID in iCloud as I know for a fact there is a limit for an individual unless you're registered as a cooperation or a business.

Right now, my Apple ID and iCloud is associated with:

- 2 iPhones
- 2 iPads
- 2 iMacs (hacks)
- 1 MacBook Pro (hack)
- 1 MacBook Pro (real)

Right now, my Apple ID and iCloud is associated with:

- 2 iPhones
- 2 iPads
- 2 iMacs (hacks)
- 1 MacBook Pro (hack)
- 1 MacBook Pro (real)

Ok as an individual, quite a few, I was expecting a couple of Apple Watches thrown in as well :lol: the number my informant gave me was six to eight, didn't specify weather mobile devices or desktops - thanks for the clarification.

To see how many Hacks are registered against you ID, log into iCloud -> Settings -> My Devices

iCloud.com (in settings/device) show my two devices (phone, and this laptop which I'm trying to fix). The last 5 digits of the serial number that iCloud show do not match my backed up config.plist (which I'm quite sure was working before).

Should I remove the device (from iCloud.com's settings) and start again? Or should I manually change my serial to match using those same last 5 digits?

Edit: I just did the process you outlined (all whilst offline)-
1. Restored my SMBios & Rt Values (that worked fine on my previous installation of Clover- had to re-install clover as I broke it trying to install a deskop audio command file to my laptop)... eek

2. Repaired Permissions in Disk utilities

3. Rebooted 4 times- values remain the same (imessage debug)

4. Went online, tried logging into iMessage and it infinitely 'logs in'

Have I done something wrong? I've reset my Network settings in my iOS 8 iphone too- didn't help.

iCloud.com (in settings/device) show my two devices (phone, and this laptop which I'm trying to fix). The last 5 digits of the serial number that iCloud show do not match my backed up config.plist (which I'm quite sure was working before).

Should I remove the device (from iCloud.com's settings) and start again? Or should I manually change my serial to match using those same last 5 digits?

Edit: I just did the process you outlined (all whilst offline)-
1. Restored my SMBios & Rt Values (that worked fine on my previous installation of Clover- had to re-install clover as I broke it trying to install a deskop audio command file to my laptop)... eek

2. Repaired Permissions in Disk utilities

3. Rebooted 4 times- values remain the same (imessage debug)

4. Went online, tried logging into iMessage and it infinitely 'logs in'

Have I done something wrong? I've reset my Network settings in my iOS 8 iphone too- didn't help.

All values should be as before, any discrepancies will result in failure if that is the case you would be better off generating a set of new values. Mac s/n, Board Serial Number (MLB), ROM and SmUUID values should be exactly the same as those before you baulked your system.

I have just done a fresh install of one of my system (Yosemite) re-using the same values as previous and had no trouble logging into all Apple Services. The only fly in the ointment, although its the same Hack with the same values, it always leaves an extra Mac on the iPhone for text forwarding but that is a glitch in Apple's os x - The only way to remove it, is to make a slight change in your ID which is too much hassle - Slightly off topic but there it is, the point is, keeping your working values is a good idea incase of a reinstallation.

All values should be as before, any discrepancies will result in failure if that is the case you would be better off generating a set of new values

I'm still having no luck with this.

Could you/somebody please tell me if the last 5 digits of your hackintoshs' serial number in iCloud (under Settings>Devices) matches your serial in clover set Rt Settings/SMBIOS? This may be where I am going wrong.

Thanks,

If I use iMessage debug 2, it says 'failed' at both my ROM and BoardSerialNumber.

If I want to solve this, do I have to use chapter 4.1? Using Chimera 4.1.0.

Back