Contribute
Register
I Just wanted to see what the generate values button does. It looks like it just loads the currently generated values from nvram and that's it. Because it's not even copying in my ethernet mac address, it's just showing some random address.

What working clover configurator version and clover bootloader version are you on?

My configurator is 4.2.12 and boot is 3227.

My Configurator version is the same as yours 4.22.12 and the Bootloader version is 3215 - I don't think that should make any difference, the important thing is to inject the values in Configurator - In the BIOS section you will need to fill in Mac s/n and SmUUID there is no need to fill in Board Serial Number every thing else will be filled in when you chose your Mac model.

On the 'Rt Variables' section you only need to insert ROM (mac address or last 12 characters of the SmUUID value) and the MLB (your Mac model S/N plus 5 random characters to make it 17 characters) - thats it - DO NOT PRESS THE CALCULATE BUTTON - save the values which will then save them to your config.plist, repair permissions, reboot run iMsg debugger and note values are as injected - Good luck.

My Configurator version is the same as yours 4.22.12 and the Bootloader version is 3215 - I don't think that should make any difference, the important thing is to inject the values in Configurator - In the BIOS section you will need to fill in Mac s/n and SmUUID there is no need to fill in Board Serial Number every thing else will be filled in when you chose your Mac model.

On the 'Rt Variables' section you only need to insert ROM (mac address or last 12 characters of the SmUUID value) and the MLB (your Mac model S/N plus 5 random characters to make it 17 characters) - thats it - DO NOT PRESS THE CALCULATE BUTTON - save the values which will then save them to your config.plist, repair permissions, reboot run iMsg debugger and note values are as injected - Good luck.

I haven't been reparing permissions, so that might be the problem.
Do I need to boot without cache?
I tried boot without cache + without injected kext and the system hangs.

I'll have to try this when I get my os back up and running. I tried to repatch the dsdt after installing the sourfourge 3229 clover to the main drive instead of efi on accident (just to start fresh) and somehow borked my installation of osx. :clap:

I haven't been reparing permissions, so that might be the problem.
Do I need to boot without cache?
I tried boot without cache + without injected kext and the system hangs.

I'll have to try this when I get my os back up and running. I tried to repatch the dsdt after installing the sourfourge 3229 clover to the main drive instead of efi on accident (just to start fresh) and somehow borked my installation of osx. :clap:

No - After the injection of the values, (Go off line and do this) repair permissions and boot as normal and run message debugger to insure the injected values are static before attempting to log into iMsg/F-Time.

Thank you :)

One more quick Q while I'm waiting for this to load. If the values aren't static (eg., every time I rebooted the imessage tool v2 showed different rom & mlb values) what could the culprit be?

Thank you :)

One more quick Q while I'm waiting for this to load. If the values aren't static (eg., every time I rebooted the imessage tool v2 showed different rom & mlb values) what could the culprit be?

Have a read of CHAPTER 7.1 which explains the procedure better than I could here.

@ AGuyWhoIsBored - I just went through your Config.plist and spotted a mis-match, your Board's S/N 'C02140302D5DMT31M' is a Generic (default) value and will not allow iMsg/F-Time to function. Your Board's S/N, which also serves as the MLB value should be your Mac S/N plus 5 random characters added to the end to make it 17 characters - Like this example (Mac s/n - CO2L1F2CF8JC) now add 5 random characters to the end - Like this example (C02L1F2CF8JC3C186) this will now be your Board's S/N as well as your MLB value. To inject the new value you need to log out off all Apple Services, go off line and stay off line until the new values are constant between reboots and verified by message debugger. Good luck.

Thanks so much for posting this - looks like I had the same config issue and after making the proper updates, iMessage is working for me now :)

Have a read of CHAPTER 7.1 which explains the procedure better than I could here.

Sadly all it says is not even close to useful. It's basically saying, 'yep, these values should be persistent' with nothing about troubleshooting why they wouldn't be.

* if these NVRAM values are not maintained either by Clover or FileNVRAM then the boot-loader will generate new random values on each boot. (obviously)

and/or the values are changing on each boot-up then you must address this issue before iMessage will work (Of course, so... how)

However, if they keep changing then the most likely cause is a software incompatibility between the FileNVRAM module and your boot-loader, this is a very common issue and may not be straight forward to resolve.
Your only real option now is to try different versions of FileNVRAM and/or Chimera/Chameleon, If your using Chimera try switching to Chameleon. (does not apply to clover)

All the clover section talked about is allowing it to do it's thing (id generation), or manually injecting with rt variables. Nothing about nvram values not holding between reboots with clover.

@ willpower101 - IMHO you stand a better chance with Clover to get iMsg/F-Time working as close as possible to a real mac because of the way it handles the NvRAM File at boot up. Also its less likely to break when ever there is a Major Apple update unlike Chimera.
I dare say Stork and wildwillow will shoot me down in flames for my wild and bias allegations :lol:

Back